Jump to content

- - - - -

PhD Studentship in Materials or Engineering

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bharat Thapa

Bharat Thapa

    Chautari Board / ICC

  • ICC
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

Department of Mechanical Engineering

Applications are invited for a research studentship in the field of Tribology, leading to the award of a PhD degree. The post is supported by a bursary and fees (at the UK/EU student rate) provided by Caterpillar inc.

The work is aimed at improvements to the durability of mechanical powertrains and specifically to the effects of lubricant properties and composition. It consists of experimental investigations into the underlying mechanisms by which lubricants affect the durability of contacting mechanical components.

Travel to the United States for short periods will be a necessity.
You will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who meets the academic requirements for enrolment for the PhD degree at Imperial College. You will have a background in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field and an enquiring and rigorous approach to research together with a strong intellect and disciplined work habits. Training will be given in tribology and investigative techniques including metallography, electron microscopy and surface topography. You will become a skilled communicator, comfortable in an international situation.

For further details of the post contact Dr Andy Olver a.v.olver@imperial.ac.uk -44 (0) 20 594 7066. Interested applicants should send an up-to-date curriculum vitae to Dr Olver.
Closing date: 1 September 2005

Confidential help is one click
away for WNSO members. Email helpline at wnso.org  (worldwide)
or helplineuk at wnso.org  (only for UK). Not feeling well?
Email WNSO doctor to doctor at wnso.org. Please replace at with @

#2 Thank You!

Thank You!

    Full Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:55 PM

3 members already said Thank You! for your outstanding contribution to WNSO!
>Divyani Shah, >shady, >newapasa

#3 santos


    Honourable Member

  • WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:48 PM

Those people looking for PhD positions in the UK can visit jobs.ac.uk. All universities in the UK advertise their available jobs including PhD studentships along with the requirements or links at this website.

Before you apply, if you are not a british citizen or do not qualify as a home student, just check the requirements and make sure the application is open to international applicants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users