Sign in to follow this  
dude_yog

Some Inspirational Quotations

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."

"Prepare your mind to receive the best that life has to offer."

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired."

"Wisdom is supreme; therefore make a full effort to get wisdom. Esteem her and she will exalt your; embrace her and she will honor you."

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

"In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down."

"Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world's work, and the power to appreciate life."

When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.

The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms timidly, and struggles to the light amid the thorns.

I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer.

"The glow of inspiration warms us; it is a holy rapture."

Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?

Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you, surprise you, disappoint you, but they can't prevent you from acting, from taking the situation you're presented with and moving on. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do something. You always have a choice and the choice can be power.

"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can't be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. "

Avoiding the phrase “I don’t have time...”, will soon help you to realize that you do have the time needed for just about anything you choose to accomplish in life.

Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. And You Will Tell Them YES."

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. And You Will Tell Them YES."

65316[/snapback]

smile.gif Reminds me of Mariah Carey's Song;

Can't Take That Away f that goes

They can say anything they want to say

Try to bring me down

But I will not allow

Anyone to succeed

Hanging clouds over me

And they can try hard to make me feel

That I don't matter at all

But I refuse to falter

In what I believe

Or lose faith in my dreams

"You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

66463[/snapback]

modified version:you laugh cause i'm different, i laugh cause you're ugly!

66468[/snapback]

Hmmm !!!!! How can you say that easily ?

It seems to me that distant memory got the quote the other way. The "I" character itself may be ugly.

Here's another interesting piece, although many of you may have already read it:

Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!

Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?

65316[/snapback]

This sounds like the words of Rajanish" A great philosopher..." extracted from his book LET GO

By the way, i would like to add...

Life is not a bed of roses not the bed of cactus... its a journey of unrevealed destiny whirled in the chains of illusive path fused with compulsive struggline and enormous joyous, satisfaction and love...for a given instant of time....

Life is a chewing gum.. chew it till it last...

Life is a combination of 3C's

Comparision, Contradiction , Compromise...

Life is just what you live...

So be what you are... do what you do.. its your life.

Cheers

Jaya Shambhu