• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 b-mal

b-mal

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:36 AM

And at present, I am Kansas State University and i don't care if anyone has heared its name or not...

hey wanna know about kansas....

well can i know how do u manage your finance for academic fees.. because i have applied there in kansas for dept of animal science and industry.. please let me knwo... bcause... i need to know how can i mantain my financial criterias regarding living and earning in kansas for academia... please let me know in brief...

I would remain thankful to accept your response..

astalavista...
There was a blind boy, He Hated Every One Except his GF, He said "i will marry u when i could c u",Eventually someone donated eyes to him,When he could c!he was shocked to c that his GF is also blind, D girl asked Will u marry me now? He refused, The girl went away forever sayin

Just Take care of My eyes...

"The essence of Love, NEVER SAY DIE"

#12 dude_yog

dude_yog

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(mathgirl1010 @ Aug 21 2005, 09:35 PM)
Does institution make difference on achievement ? Yucks, but not the remarkable acheivement, There was a raw on oxford and cambridge pupils with their administration.  They believe that their educational progression are going downhill.

Dude_Yog, I have experience with MIT students, I was partly involved there. They don't consider themself as like they are from Mars. Fees are only the keys that are differentiating the levels other than that, course material ain't different.

Sadly i had to explain  the coding structure to the student of  gretest university you are claiming to be.

View Post

yeah institution made a key role.if not then why ppl r burning mid night oil to get admission in these institute.it's a matter name,fame.u might have explain some coding structure to MIT students but it doesnt mean that they r less intelignet than u,may in in other factor they r masters.
and good to hear about you.....but can you tell me...if everyone has made up to Rajiv Gandhi or Amithab Bachhan or Kalpana Chawala from the institutions you are reading??? i wonder!

no but it give sence of proud when u dream that ur sitting in same bench as they were n we got inspiration from them.

I don't know why r not habitual to accpet the truth..that's the biggest mistake with us and also with me.

a man is known by it's society in which it deals

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><i>I am thunderbolt among weapons.im victory & resolve,im briliance of fiery heroes.im morality of ambitious men </i></span></span>

#13 Lalupate

Lalupate

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

Well done dude_yog. I am proud of you.

Chhad na nahin kisiko. bajakar dikhade in sab ko.... muthi me mutha ho ya mutha mein muthi?

Kya samajhte hai yeh log? Hum bhi koi nichi chiz nahin hai.

I am really proud of dude_yog's views.
Life has meaning only in the struggle. Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods. So let us celebrate the struggle!

#14 dude_yog

dude_yog

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Lalupate @ Aug 24 2005, 02:31 PM)
Well done dude_yog. I am proud of you.

Chhad na nahin kisiko. bajakar dikhade in sab ko.... muthi me mutha ho ya mutha mein muthi?

Kya samajhte hai yeh log? Hum bhi koi nichi chiz nahin hai.

I am really proud of dude_yog's views.

View Post

thank u lalupate dai!

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><i>I am thunderbolt among weapons.im victory & resolve,im briliance of fiery heroes.im morality of ambitious men </i></span></span>

#15 santos

santos

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

I don't agree with Dude_Yog at all, because being a Harvard or Stanford graduate does not necessarily indicate the smartness of a student. Besides, if you look at the research league (thats how universities are graded), other universities are slowly catching up the top-rated ones and more and more papers are getting published from those universities, even from universities in India and China. Furthermore, its the department you are studying in rather than the university that counts.

However, I applaud Dude_Yog on managing to get mathgirl and innocent princess on the defensive. They had been very vocal on criticising/bashing continental european education in one of the earlier discussions. The whole issue has backfired on them.

#16 ashis

ashis

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(santos @ Aug 24 2005, 04:10 PM)
I don't agree with Dude_Yog at all, because being a Harvard or Stanford graduate does not necessarily indicate the smartness of a student. Besides, if you look at the research league (thats how universities are graded), other universities are slowly catching up the top-rated ones and more and more papers are getting published from those universities, even from universities in India and China. Furthermore, its the department you are studying in rather than the university that counts.

However, I applaud Dude_Yog on managing to get mathgirl and innocent princess on the defensive. They had been very vocal on criticising/bashing continental european education in one of the earlier discussions. The whole issue has backfired on them.

View Post

Santos,We to had similar discussion before in Colleges /Universities of Germany.We had concluded the same thing that you have mentioned above.Now you would need to go back to that Forum again .
Wichtig ist was der Man tun,nicht wie er Aussieht...

#17 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(dude_yog @ Aug 24 2005, 04:01 PM)
thank u lalupate dai!

View Post

Dude hawa lagya ho ? smile.gif

Good comments were given by Tara, santos, MG and mild melody

Today in the world of competetion, all those days of ivy league has gone. Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge are off course Top level's, But look at all the doctors , engineers of the world. Bill gate didn't gooto harvard dude. Neither I biggrin.gif

Persistence, willingness to learn and willingness to laugh are the very important factors. Also, having energy at 4:am , in the morning to give your dedication on your subject and late at night counts so much. I bet a harvard stdents might not do that to know that he's in the top university. Never ever make an assumption about the TOPPERS , be it students colleges or the peoples that are fascinating. The fact infront of your eyes and your necessety must drive you, and take a good imagination for the granted. My friend don't loose yourself in the big names. People with such attitudes usually singled out these days ; )

Not just the popularity of the college, even degrees are valueless these days. You must have willingness, dedication and walk-through-experience to achieve what you want.For instance I am in Computer Network and security, I won't be able to get job just showing the certs and the college, even If i get I will be kicked out after the fact that I might have fragile intelligence. What counts ?...willingness......dedication...and... experience....this has very much value in everyday lofe..

trust me....It has more value..... than the name of university.....or even degree. Your post is an indication that you need to focus on your school which will be a requirement both for acceptance at a (higher-end facility) and for any future employment opportunities.

luck to you.

Edited by Limitation//Moon, 24 August 2005 - 07:40 PM.

#18 mild melody

mild melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:29 AM

yeah institution made a key role.if  not then why ppl r burning mid night oil to get admission in these institute.it's a matter name,fame.u might have explain some coding structure to MIT students but it doesnt mean that they r less intelignet than u,may in in other factor they r masters.
no but it give sence of proud when u dream that ur sitting in same bench as they were n we got inspiration from them.
I don't know why r not habitual to accpet the truth..that's the biggest mistake with us and also with me.
a man is known by it's society in which it deals

I think dude_yog finds a pleasure advocating for the students of big names......and may be he thinks those from small names are just ants and rats..then...sorry yog...you are absolutely wrong.

I have also told in my previous post....that being in big names gives a chance for a short term popularity....but that is not what lasts for ever.....it has to fade away if you don't have your own impression other than your university's.

Like Lamitation//Moon said....its the student's everything that counts. You may feel proud that you are at harvard, but at the end of the day...its you to move...to work...to behave and to live......harvard will not at any cost come to rescue you at every moments.

and i also don't agree that a man is known by his society....thats a conservative mind speaking i guess....a man is known from his deeds, his thinkings...his philosophy.....not his society...its not that a society makes a man...but men make society......will you consider an intelligent scientist from a socially outcasted community as nothing?

So as i said earlier also...debating over "i am proud to sit on the bench where, sometime ago, this and that has stayed" is not what we need at this time...we are supposed to be moving ahead in the right path and together...lets not say that...i haven't heared this university's name...this university is ok...i haven't heared this university's name more than 2,3 times......this university is not even good and things like that (that dude_yog used to reply innocent princess's post).....whats the use of nonsense rating like these??? it is nothing more than humiliating.....and the words dude_yog used (being Honourable member) are very offensive.

The debate must be about learning....getting educated.....and doing something.....not dreaming seating on the bench where once rajiv gandhi or amithab bachan sat.

Edited by mild melody, 25 August 2005 - 04:30 AM.

#19 hiddén angél

hiddén angél

Supreme being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(dude_yog @ Aug 20 2005, 03:30 PM)
i was expecting sum gud universities/coolege name here
like MIT.standofrd,princenton or havard.
i have cin form samll college n evn small town ppl get admission in these universities then why we nepali students r alcking.
moreover i heard some nepali students form
arizonta state university
unniversity of texas

View Post

The schools you named barely fall on "ivy league schools". Yale, Harvard, MIT and princeton are good schools, there are more which you never heard. Why don't you try on scholarship ? Self funding is kinda impossible for us nepalese in any ivy league schools. You do need to understand that out of them they have some specialization on subjects. I for one choose my prsesnt school because of my subject and in scholarship. I feel like you are searching schools.

I read a column in the newspaper the other day, where employer's are seeing an increase of college graduates who can't communicate. They won't look the interviewer in the eyes when interviewing, they can't compose a letter or speak coherently on the phone. This due, in part and Three Letter Acronyms. Same might happen on the way of searching college. be confident and good luck for your college searching.

If you want the top name universities I can give you a list or find in your college Libraries, try applying in all of them, who knows ? What is your luck ? There is never a harm or loss on trying.

Edited by hiddén angél, 25 August 2005 - 06:00 AM.

#20 yogesh

yogesh

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(santos @ Aug 24 2005, 05:10 PM)

View Post

Agreed.
God is that indefinable something which we all feel but which we do not know. To me God is Truth and Love, ethics and morality. Even the atheism of the atheist is god. From Gandhi Speaks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users