Sign in to follow this  
satish

Risk Management in Banking Research

Dear Friends,

I take this opportunity to introduce myself and my area of research. I am Satish Sharma (koirala), a banker and a academic in Kathmandu, Nepal. Presently, I am pursuing Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon tyne, UK. My area of research is Risk Management in Banking and I am particularly interested in CREDIT RISK. I am also a part-time lecturer in the areas of Banking and Finance in the University. And also work for one of the leading Newpaper Group in the UK.

Besides research, my interest is lies in community and voluntary work.

Please share your views and ideas.

Regards

Satish

Edited by satish

Banker meaning an investor in a bank? I was just wondering if you are related to 'Girija Koirala khandan'?

Anyway, nice to know about you and wish you all the best in your doctorate studies.

Banker meaning an investor in a bank? I was just wondering if you are related to 'Girija Koirala khandan'?

Anyway, nice to know about you and wish you all the best in your doctorate studies.

74043[/snapback]

A person who manages a bank is called banker. Whether he is of GPK khandan biggrin.gif, I think its a difficult question.

Deven

74043[/snapback]

A person who manages a bank is called banker. Whether he is of GPK khandan biggrin.gif, I think its a difficult question.

Deven

74046[/snapback]

I think the most important thing is the contribution to the society at large. Whether i am from GPK or not, it does not matter. What matters is what is that you are giving back to your people. As far as Koirala's are concerned. They have always given something. Whether it is BP,GP,SK,MK,PK and so on and so forth. Any way don't be bother about which Khandan I belong. I think it is more important what I would be contributing to the Nepalese Society and Community at large.

Satish

I think the most important thing is the contribution to the society at large. Whether i am from GPK or not, it does not matter. What matters is what is that you are giving back to your people. As far as Koirala's are concerned. They have always given something. Whether it is BP,GP,SK,MK,PK and so on and so forth. Any way don't be bother about which Khandan I belong. I think it is more important what I would be contributing to the Nepalese Society and Community at large.

Satish

74062[/snapback]

Sure satish ji, what you give is count at it most. Contributing society is very best thing to do and hopefully we will step ahead for the good thing. Let us not involve politics. Santosh might have other good reason behind it.

I would like to know what leading group of newspaper you are involved in UK ? like the independent, mirror, sun anything like web-based ? If you are really looking for volunteer work I have few if you don't hesitate to choose, you can always be a part of it.

Thank you and regards.

Edited by shuva-kamana

rolleyes.gif

I wonder what this risk management is about. practically, risk is risk. how do you manage it? Perhaps, you can reduce the probability of affect but can u eliminate it? can we also manage risk of life? As you do in your bank.

Kishor

Satish

74062[/snapback]

Sure satish ji, what you give is count at it most. Contributing society is very best thing to do and hopefully we will step ahead for the good thing. Let us not involve politics. Santosh might have other good reason behind it.

I would like to know what leading group of newspaper you are involved in UK ? like the independent, mirror, sun anything like web-based ? If you are really looking for volunteer work I have few if you don't hesitate to choose, you can always be a part of it.

Thank you and regards.

74064[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif

I wonder what this risk management is about. practically, risk is risk. how do you manage it? Perhaps, you can reduce the probability of affect but can u eliminate it? can we also manage risk of life? As you do in your bank.

Kishor

74068[/snapback]

Kishor ji, there are two kind of risk, that has nothing to compare with the personal risk in life.

Risk management described by Koirala ji is preliminary based in the decision-making process involving considerations of political, social, economic and engineering factors with relevant risk assessments relating to a potential hazard so as to develop ..and more.

Another is RISC,

Pronounced as above risk, acronym for reduced instruction set computer, a type of microprocessor that recognizes a relatively limited number of instructions. Until the mid-1980s, the tendency among computer manufacturers was to build increasingly complex CPUs that had ever-larger sets of instructions. At that time, however, a number of computer manufacturers decided to reverse this trend by building CPUs capable of executing only a very limited set of instructions.

Good to see your status .Please contribute Articles in this Forum ans share in topics related to banking.

Ok then. Thanx Suva-Kamana. Let me know how does a society benefit from risk management in a bnk? can u find a correlation? I just wonder how wider this area is and the contribution it can impart to a society at large. I am also thinking to persue this field of study, hence, just interested.

Good to see your status .Please contribute Articles in this Forum  ans share in topics related to banking.

74080[/snapback]

how does a society benefit from risk management in a bnk? can u find a correlation? I just wonder how wider this area is and  the contribution it can impart to a society at large. I am also thinking to persue this field of study, hence, just interested.

74090[/snapback]

Thank you kishor ji, I am supposing he is talking on the base of academic ground. I am not such educated in so field but if I have to relate and compare from my risk/risc theory I will just have to bring down the conclusion that the risk management is the combination of risk evaluation; emission and exposure control; risk monitoring. I think this plays great role or impact in any area.

Well, I might be wrong.