Sign in to follow this  
Aagantuk

Help with UK...someone....Suhani??

Dear all and Suhani. I have changed my mind...yet again. I've applied for UK. I'm waiting for the offer letter. The total cost will come to about Rs.8,00,000. What I would like to know is if I would be able to pay my tuition and all my other expenses once I am there with my part-time job? I would be stunned if I had to ask people back home for help. My tuition fees is 5,500 pounds and the living will cost me about 500 pounds. I might have some debts. I just want to pay for my fees and finish my studies there. You think I can do that soundly? Please help:

I'm studying Social Care and I got 8 in my IELTS...does that increase my chances of getting jobs? I know its silly...just wondering. Don't have much options y'know...

Hi Aagantuk, welcome to Chautari.

Your query has no enough information.

I assume that you are coming to study for one year.

If your fee is £5500 for one year, then you will need around £600 per month accommodation for one year, that mean 600x12=£7200

Here, accommodation 7200+ 5500 fee = 12500

£12500 is around 15 Lakh Nepali Rupees against what you said 8 Lakh above.

To give you accurate information, please provide more information.

Working to make money to study will be very very hard path to go through. I don’t recommend anyone to chose this path, specially in current UK climate. Finding part time job is not difficult but part time job only help you to pay for accommodation, food and transport. So you will have to struggle to pay fee. Some lucky people find good job with enough hours when they are in vacation and pay their fee easily but many are suffering.

If you can bring money from Nepal to pay fee, then you can manage life. If you find good job and make money here, then you can pay back your family but depending solely on work in the UK to pay fee is not advisable and at one point everyone regret.

• Like 1

Arrrgghh! Firstly Thank you Mohini and Dipesh. I don't know what I'm gon' do. I'm just freaking confused. I can't and don't want to apply for scholarship right away. At least not because my options are low. I'm thinking that after a while, I will try to apply for the "bursary" as they call it and back it up with good grades and not poor finances. I don't want to be handed anything away. I also felt that the sooner I tackle the storm the sooner its over. So I'm going ahead. I will arrange for emergency back-ups here in Nepal just in case the whites decide to make me eat books and pencils for meals. I just have a feeling I will survive this one too.

Mohini? Are you studying there in the UK?

Dear all and Suhani. I have changed my mind...yet again. I've applied for UK. I'm waiting for the offer letter. The total cost will come to about Rs.8,00,000. What I would like to know is if I would be able to pay my tuition and all my other expenses once I am there with my part-time job? I would be stunned if I had to ask people back home for help. My tuition fees is 5,500 pounds and the living will cost me about 500 pounds. I might have some debts. I just want to pay for my fees and finish my studies there. You think I can do that soundly? Please help:

I'm studying Social Care and I got 8 in my IELTS...does that increase my chances of getting jobs? I know its silly...just wondering. Don't have much options y'know...

I absolutely have no idea about Uk, तर पनि please! visit this link; http://uk.internationalstudent.com/universities-awarding-aid/ It might be helpful to you.

My another advice to you is; you can choose a foundation Degree for your further study in Social Care. Because you will have a wide range of financial support available to help you pay tuition fees and living costs. Please! visit this link; http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/courses/foundation_degrees OR this link; http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/courses/undergraduate/2010/hscfoundation

Hi, I am not in the UK, but feel like replying to ur query. The situation of international students is more or less same in all countries, it would be quite hard to manage study+living expenses merely through part time jobs. But, there is no need to be discouraged. As everyone is doing, there is a chance that you would accommodate yourself as well. Meantime, everyone should learn money management in foreign country. Working 20 hours per week would only be enough to maintain living expenses, and there is always a question about the education expenses. Good thing is that the student will pay one year fee in advance + carry at least few amounts to afford living expenses for the 2-3 months. In extreme circumstances, where one won't get job for couple of months, that money will help a lot. After that, the part time job will be useful to carry out the expenses. Students can earn through full time jobs during the holidays, and that will carry out the biggest portion of their budget.

600 pounds a month is the standard budget of living designed by the UK official. However, there are people living in much lower budget, obviously, the living standard is much lower as well. Being students, we can't expect a luxurious life and should give up many desires. And the fresh students should at least train themselves with some working skills, becoz' a novice will find it very hard to get a job. And sound english is the must. Good luck.

Hi Aagantuk, welcome to Chautari.

Your query has no enough information.

I assume that you are coming to study for one year.

If your fee is £5500 for one year, then you will need around £600 per month accommodation for one year, that mean 600x12=£7200

Here, accommodation 7200+ 5500 fee = 12500

£12500 is around 15 Lakh Nepali Rupees against what you said 8 Lakh above.

To give you accurate information, please provide more information.

Working to make money to study will be very very hard path to go through. I don’t recommend anyone to chose this path, specially in current UK climate. Finding part time job is not difficult but part time job only help you to pay for accommodation, food and transport. So you will have to struggle to pay fee. Some lucky people find good job with enough hours when they are in vacation and pay their fee easily but many are suffering.

If you can bring money from Nepal to pay fee, then you can manage life. If you find good job and make money here, then you can pay back your family but depending solely on work in the UK to pay fee is not advisable and at one point everyone regret.

Well said Mohini ji , thank you for good answer and now a days getting jobs at UK have become another somplex issue in the menu to the students .

Anyway Happy Diwali to all freinds . Before coming to UK think of lots of option for eg in Germany you do not have to pay the fees for study and also other european countries .

Exactly well said You need tution fees + accomodation+personal expenses so think before you act .

Well i am not saying that you should not come to UK .Its all your interest and free to decide .

Edited by kslsanjeeb9

Dear Agantauk,

The above comments are really true. You can only afford for accomodation and your personal expences.If you are planning to extend your studies after one year, you need to have backing of your fees again from either Nepal or some other sources. But, if you are coming in post graduate courses with some paid intership program, then you can manage these, depending on your efficiency.

Please check other college too, there are range of college with different fee structure. Try to find the college which you can afford because there are range of university and college in UK.

Regards,

Rajesh Pradhan