Sign in to follow this  
Triene

Flash question

Okay...I've been doing this in a deliberate, manual fashion which is taking way too long. I know someone with more than a week or two of learning Flash under the gun will have a better way of doing this. Here's the scenario:

I have a training demo. One layer is a Rewind button, to go back one step. One step can be anywhere from 1 to 200 frames. I can, and have been marking said frames with keyframes, which has been necessary because of the stupid way I'm doing it (ie looking at the frame number I need to go back to, and assigning a gotoandplay to that button instance. Repeat 30 times per movie. Kill self).

Here's what I bet can be done: Can a button, on a layer, with any number of keyframes, be told to jump BACK to the latest keyframe on its own layer? Not based on a number mind you, just the fact that a keyframe exists before any given point? What would that code look like?

Thanks so much, you're helping me save lives here, literally. : )

Hmmm I don't think you can go back by keyframe BUT if you used labels and just did a goto(framelabel) or somesuch (my AS is rusty) it'd work. smile.gif

Hi ScentedSoul,

I don't really get ur question plus

it's been few years ever since i have done a disk cleanup 2 my brain.. biggrin.gif

but y don't u check out this website,

Click Me

else if,it still doesn't help,

then pm me. tongue.gif

Edited by MohanTara

I have a training demo. One layer is a Rewind button, to go back one step. One step can be anywhere from 1 to 200 frames. I can, and have been marking said frames with keyframes, which has been necessary because of the stupid way I'm doing it (ie looking at the frame number I need to go back to, and assigning a gotoandplay to that button instance. Repeat 30 times per movie. Kill self).

Thanks so much, you're helping me save lives here, literally. : )

66974[/snapback]

How many frames are you using ? You If you can provide me your demo links, I will send you code.