Sign in to follow this  
Ozaswee Rana

Ashok Bhattarai

Dear Nepalese Students,

The death of 21-year old Mr. Ashok Bhattarai who was shot during the store robbery where he was working in the evening of Sept 28, 2008 made all the Nepalese shocked. Mr. Ashok Bhattarai was a student of Houston Community College.

After twists and turns, his body was sent to home country with the help of fellow Nepalese friends and his store-master. Nepalese Embassy under the mgmt. of Dr. Suresh Chandra Chalise has given priority to festive-dollar-mood rather than a humanitarian effort for bringing back the body of junior Nepalese (ray of hope for new Nepal).

I cannot express my extreme anger and grief on this forum , but just trying to keep pictures of Chalise and our beloved Bhattarai.

2701259949_39c8fe4c55.jpg

d0LZS1713295-02[1].jpg

TRIBUTES.

I have heard this news alot. Sad news of course. Hope Nepalese living around the world will find solution to safeguard themself.

One thing that strike my breain and didn't understand was:

Many Nepalese shot dead every year in USA. Just month before Ashok Bhattrai was killed, there was another man who was shot dead but never came on the news. But Ashok Bhattrai's case hit the media in USA and Nepal.

Does anyone know why media is biased? What is special on this particular case?

I have heard this news alot. Sad news of course. Hope Nepalese living around the world will find solution to safeguard themself.

One thing that strike my breain and didn't understand was:

Many Nepalese shot dead every year in USA. Just month before Ashok Bhattrai was killed, there was another man who was shot dead but never came on the news. But Ashok Bhattrai's case hit the media in USA and Nepal.

Does anyone know why media is biased? What is special on this particular case?

May be Something is better than nothing.

May be It is better to have atleast one case highlighted than to have zero case highlighted.

Lets think it this way:

Why do you want other cases to be highlighted? Now that we know about the case of Ashok, what good thing did we do with that information/news?

What is the use of such highlight?

This highlight will neither reduce the pain suffered by his parents,family or friends. So this highlight was useless for them.

We nepalese also can not use this highlight as a point to force the government to make some laws and regulations that will protect other nepali students abroad. So it was useless for all the other nepali students studying abroad because their chances to die the death of Ashok are still the same.

I don't know whos eyes were opened by this news/highlight. We nepalese are blind, deaf and sleeping so no matter how many cases are highlighted, no matter how much noise the media makes nobody will wake up from the sleep. We can only do insurgency to bring Girija or Prachanda to power, we can't do something good to help a common man.

May be His death was profitable for few media person.

Feri asti Facebook ma yestai yestai group formation bhaechha. Euti Nepali girl Road Accident ma paresi, usko dead body Nepal ma feerta lyauna costs chaiyo re... Not good condition.

Feri asti Facebook ma yestai yestai group formation bhaechha. Euti Nepali girl Road Accident ma paresi, usko dead body Nepal ma feerta lyauna costs chaiyo re... Not good condition.

is anything hell than this.....nepalese go to struggle away from their families to earn good future n we cant make enough to have our life less bodies to be seen by our dear ones........it could be anybody of us......why not this forum start raising funds for humanitarian, at least posthumos, assistances........admin may think