7 replies to this topic

#1 b-mal

b-mal

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hello Expertise in IT<

I am just wondering if anyone has idea if it is possible till todays date to change old name of yahoo or hotmail to new one without losing any of the contacts. I want to renew my email id.. thus for the purpose the call for the expertise has been done?

Lets see how far can we go..and it wll let me knwo how far it can be calibrated as expertise available..

Challenging ha.. coz am just dummy...

ciao,

Chilly winter is going..

There was a blind boy, He Hated Every One Except his GF, He said "i will marry u when i could c u",Eventually someone donated eyes to him,When he could c!he was shocked to c that his GF is also blind, D girl asked Will u marry me now? He refused, The girl went away forever sayin

Just Take care of My eyes...

"The essence of Love, NEVER SAY DIE"

#2 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

What u want to do? I really did not understand.
Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Thieves are rampant everywhere
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,
Life and death are stolen
Alas! What can you expect from others,
When God himself is a thief?
In "Indra Jatra" by Dinesh Adhikary, Sajha Prakashan, 2051 B.S

#3 Yadav

Yadav

Unifying Nepalese for Better Education

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:24 AM

Yahoo! Sign-in and Registration > Yahoo! Sign-in and Registration Help > Sign-in and Registration

Can I change my Yahoo! ID?

Your ID (yourname@yahoo.com) is permanently connected to your Yahoo! Account.
If you delete it, you will lose everything connected to it.
You can change your name, password, secret question, home/work/school address, and country in your account information.

You cannot change your Yahoo! ID except by opening a new account, but you can add up to six (6) aliases to your current ID as part of the same account. An alias consists of a name and some information that you show in a profile to other members. When you log in to Yahoo!, you can choose any of your aliases.

To create a new alias, go to the Yahoo! Member Directory (http://members.yahoo.com/). Make sure you are signed in, then click "My Profiles." The next page will list your ID and any profiles that you have already created. To make a new profile, click the "Create New Public Profile" button near the top.

The only required field is the actual name—all other information is optional. You should not reveal any information on your profile that you wouldn't want a complete stranger to know (such as your phone number or address).

When you're done, use the "Create Profile" button. This will take you back to your profile list, with your new name added. Make sure to click the "Finished Editing" link to save your changes.

If you decide to re-register and create a new ID, you will need to reset all of your preferences for My Yahoo! and other personalized Yahoo! services.

Information between separate accounts cannot be merged or exchanged.

Edited by Yadav, 20 March 2008 - 04:52 AM.

#4 Yadav

Yadav

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (b-mal @ Mar 19 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Expertise in IT<

I am just wondering if anyone has idea if it is possible till todays date to change old name of yahoo or hotmail to new one without losing any of the contacts. I want to renew my email id..

if you want to change the address of your existing hotmail account, then you can’t change the existing hotmail address, you can only edit the profile of your e-mail address, also you can edit your account settings like password changing, can change your member information, can also edit as many things but not the e-mail address itself because you are currently login in a e-mail id, then you can't change it except by opening a new account .

#5 shyamprad

shyamprad

To a new pinnacle....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:55 AM

Woh,

I am not an IT expert and really get puzzled with these things.

Anyway, might be a good interaction for IT lovers.
A WALK TO PEACE NEPAL...........

#6 b-mal

b-mal

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (chamatkaribaba @ Mar 19 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What u want to do? I really did not understand.

just for clarity,

suppose i have hundreds of contacts on my yahoo and msn chat, i don't watn to lose them but i don't like my old id.. so want to have new id with all those old chaps emails on the new one as well.. so is it possible.. to get new acount without losing any of ur frens on ur messenger...

lets see who rocks..
There was a blind boy, He Hated Every One Except his GF, He said "i will marry u when i could c u",Eventually someone donated eyes to him,When he could c!he was shocked to c that his GF is also blind, D girl asked Will u marry me now? He refused, The girl went away forever sayin

Just Take care of My eyes...

"The essence of Love, NEVER SAY DIE"

#7 Bharat Thapa

Bharat Thapa

Chautari Board / ICC

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

You can export and import Hotmail contact, however, I have never used Yahoo so don't know how does it work. They are rival, I am sure yahoo must have similar features.
Confidential help is one click
away for WNSO members. Email helpline at wnso.org&nbsp; (worldwide)
or helplineuk at wnso.org&nbsp; (only for UK). Not feeling well?
Email WNSO doctor to doctor at wnso.org. Please replace at with @

#8 Yadav

Yadav

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Bharat Thapa @ Mar 20 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can export and import Hotmail contact, however, I have never used Yahoo so don't know how does it work. They are rival, I am sure yahoo must have similar features.

http://help.yahoo.com>>>Yahoo! Addressbook >>>> Address Book >>> Impexp :

How do I transfer address book data from one Yahoo! account to another?

If you use Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP or NT, you can transfer your address book from one Yahoo! account to another using the Import/Export feature.

First, export your address book as a Comma Separated Value (.CSV) file:

Click "Import/Export" in the upper-right corner of your Address Book. In the Export section, click the "Export Now" button next to the phrase "Yahoo! CSV:."
When prompted, specify a convenient location and name for your file in the "Save As" dialog box.
Your address book data is now saved as a standard .CSV file.

Do you want to make any changes to it? You can open this file in programs like Microsoft Excel to edit the information – just don't change the field names in the first row. And if you do this, remember to save the revised file as a .CSV file, not a .XLS (Excel) file. Your data must be saved as a .CSV file to be re-imported to another account.

Now, import your info into a different Yahoo! Mail account:

Sign out of the first account.
Sign into the other Yahoo! account.
Click "Import/Export" in the upper-right corner of your Address Book.
In the Import section, select "Yahoo!(.CSV file)" from the pull-down menu.
Click "Browse" to locate the .CSV file you just revised or exported.
Highlight the file and click "Import Now."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users