Sign in to follow this  
dude_yog

who all r nepali studnets

long time i m posting some msg in wnso.

is discussing n exploring ur knowledge here is worth doing?

i just wnonder to know how may of our member r in the reputed organisation or studied in top most colleges among the universe.

in my experience i found linuxuser(rs-1971) was good.abt rest of other, i don't know.

im arising this question here coz many of nepalize r heading towrds west without seeing college,without getting good marks at GRE,GMAT.i have seen many napalise in south india studing for just sake of degree,without any zeal n enthussiasm.

in india i hadn't meet any nepali in IIT/IIM or other reputed institute.though there r 30000 engineering n 13000 managemment students currently studing in india.when i was in ISRO banglore,i found many of nepali students in bar n pubs but in technical festivals n other compition in college n universities our contribution is negligible.

even this time also i m not sure that is it worth discusing of this matter which was in my mind since i wear tag nepali tag.

walking to the untroden path

acheiving the unimaginable dream

living the eternal vision

YUGINDRA

for topmost colleges

(h angel)- is in university of cambridge

moni- uni of melbourne

invi- London Metropolitan Univerisity

Mathgirl- The university of greenwich

myself- southbank

voltage - same

vin grapes - same

I don't know abt others..........

Edited by innocent princess

for topmost colleges

(h angel)- is in university of cambridge

moni- uni of melbourne

invi- London Metropolitan Univerisity

Mathgirl- The university of greenwich

myself-  southbank

voltage - same

vin grapes - same

I don't know abt others..........

75134[/snapback]

university of cambridge is gud.melborn is okk not evn gud

bt dont tell me that other r world class.

abt london metropolian university,u can get seat easily with little bit effort n i had attend many seminars.

university of greenwich fall in same cateogory

southbank university soory i heard this name not more than 2,3 times.

i was expecting sum gud universities/coolege name here

like MIT.standofrd,princenton or havard.

i have cin form samll college n evn small town ppl get admission in these universities then why we nepali students r alcking.

moreover i heard some nepali students form

arizonta state university

unniversity of texas

It's only a difference in mindset n

the finances n the will of the peoples.

Sadly, some of us,

Nepalis lack that. sad.gif

dude_yog,

Harvard University is the richest university in the world,

with cash assets in the US$billions.

It has zero government funding.

It charges all its students high tuition sad.gif

n fees regardless of national origin. U have 2 also bear in mind that,

Not every1's as rich.. unsure.gif

Anyway the reall reason

y Harvard is filthy rich is

because of the huge donations

from its alumni n organizations.

The story is the same with schools

like MIT, Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Cornell,

n the like, all private institutions with

zero government research funding.

If ur university has rich n successful alumni,

ur funding will definitely flow in like water. blink.gif

Just go 2 the website of either Yale or Harvard n

look at the staff by racial proportion.

Most of the academic staff r either Chinese or Indians.

The Americans r intelligent as; ph34r.gif

They take the Chinese n Indians 2 manage their universities

n let their own whites 2 manage the country. unsure.gif

Yes, being in the top University does make 1 happy...

but 4 a momentary period of time. dry.gif

Then, its either u maintain as being number 1

against all competition that grows in strength

day after day or

u will certainly be kicked out. huh.gif

I don't think anyone can remain number 1 4 long.

There are so much things

we have yet 2 uncover in life/in this world n

not just about the corporate ladder.

All this is;

But that is only

the gauge of materialism n papers(certificates).

What we know is nothing

compared 2 what we dont know smile.gif

Edited by MohanTara

bah....you have got little much more ambition dude_yog, although it's so good to see you after long. After all it's all about knowledge, You can only expect to take it as much as your brain can muddle. Just the big names doesn't make any difference.

Now I have to backup nakkalee ; ) and MF as well, Are you doing somekind of research ? If so, god bless you. If not paying the money to those top notch are like paying fine as a punishment.

In US they have, IVY LEAGUE of university, but who give a f*ck ? My old college down the road is like damn good.

Edited by Limitation//Moon

i already know ppl here wont sallow my words coz u know the reason!!still truth is truth.....

i wont comment on newbie drifted but MF being a senior member i would like to coment on ,i dont need ur CV i just wanna know whr my ppl whom i feel proud r standing.where im stading among all neapli students.

mohan tara i too suport ur view but there r so many of students evn from my college standford,princeton just 4 lakh indian rupees per month.they got scholarships n do evn part time jobs for there basic needs.

even in asia like NTU singapore it's MBA rank 76th in the world the fees is $13000.doesn't it seems cheap.

who says nepali student dont have money,i have recently heard abt a nepali gal from nagpur(india).she had enroled for mbbs on donation by paying 35 lakh indain rupees after 1 year she realise that her boyfriend is studing in new delhi.so she left that seat n pay another 40 lakh to get seat in MBBS in delhi.this is just one example,there r many politician dependents who can affrod hafty sums but still far away from good college

there r so many ways to get admission,if there is will or talent.

Mr Drifted,im not from a gud college,it doesn't mean that i have no liberty ask my nepali friends what they r doing.i actually wanna know if there is any student in prestigious organisation so that i can proudly say to an damn indian that nepali can also b on the top of the world.

i have studied upto sixth in doon school whose almuni r youngest prime minister of world RAJIV GANDHI,n bolloywood star AMITABH BACHAN.but i have done my tenth from very normal of nepal.n currenlty studing in punjab university chandigarh , whose almuni are nasa(columbia) astonaut kalpana chawla n founder of first free mail website provider hotmail.com, sabeer bhatia(partialy).

the view of MT was really apriciating n rajunpal is right.other i can judge where they exits coz they already show there talents.

best wishes for all of them!god bless u

thank u!

even in asia like NTU singapore it's MBA rank 76th in the world the fees is $13000.doesn't it seems cheap.

who says nepali student dont have money,i have recently heard abt a nepali gal from nagpur(india).she had enroled for mbbs on donation by paying 35 lakh indain rupees after 1 year she realise that her boyfriend is studing in new delhi.so she left that seat n pay another 40 lakh to get seat in MBBS in delhi.this is just one example,there r many politician dependents who can affrod hafty sums but still far away from good college

75210[/snapback]

Does institution make difference on achievement ? Yucks, but not the remarkable acheivement, There was a raw on oxford and cambridge pupils with their administration. They believe that their educational progression are going downhill.

Dude_Yog, I have experience with MIT students, I was partly involved there. They don't consider themself as like they are from Mars. Fees are only the keys that are differentiating the levels other than that, course material ain't different.

Sadly i had to explain the coding structure to the student of gretest university you are claiming to be.

I totally agree on mathgirl's view....those who come from big names like harvard or whatever may not necessarily have a big brain.....

and yeah...you gave the instance of a girl...who was, literally, throwing her parent's money....agree that there are a lot of people with huge amount of money in their bank accounts.....but does that mean that they will all make into Einstein if are sent to harvard or princeton??? i don't think so.....it is not money or big university that counts...but the student...his/her devotion, hard work and intelligence it counts.

I would also be very very happy if our Nepali students were also in big names....but you know what......it really won't matter for me at least.....what i do care is that they are studying...and moving ahead....developing.

i have studied upto sixth in doon school whose almuni r youngest prime minister of world RAJIV GANDHI,n bolloywood star AMITABH BACHAN.but i have done my tenth from very normal of nepal.n currenlty studing in punjab university chandigarh , whose almuni are nasa(columbia) astonaut kalpana chawla n founder of first free mail website provider hotmail.com, sabeer bhatia(partialy).

and good to hear about you.....but can you tell me...if everyone has made up to Rajiv Gandhi or Amithab Bachhan or Kalpana Chawala from the institutions you are reading??? i wonder!

I used to be in organisation as big as SOS Hermann gmeiner School......but i admit....i was pushed back, in many occasions, by students from schools whose names are almost unheared.......

And at present, I am Kansas State University and i don't care if anyone has heared its name or not......because...you know what....nobody's past record helps here......it just helps one to get a temporory recognition....once you come to the battle ground......then.....the reality comes out.

So i think...its better to debate about how, which subject and things like that are nepali students are reading abroad....to draw a clear image about the future manpower of our nation. Lets talk about how they are doing at their Universities, however small they are.

Edited by mild melody