Sign in to follow this  
kavreli

Giri Community of Nepal

Giri Community of Nepal

Please do not get offened by this email. All I am trying know is how many Giri people are around the world with a Website! That's allNepal SATHI Foundation

Nepal has a large Giri population, but the exact numbers are not really known due to the fact that Nepalese government census groups Giri (also Puri, and Barati) either into Chhetri or Sanyasi (or renouncer) category.

As subsistent farmers (and some have indeed been real renouncers of worldly possession by becoming Sadhu/ni or holymen/woman), until recently, Giri people remained relatively unknown in Nepal’s high profile jobs or politics.

Giri people are mostly inhabited in Rasuwa, Dhading, Nuwakot, Kabhrepalanchowk, and Sindhupalchowk districts, but they can be found all parts of Nepal in small pockets. They largely practice Hinduism (and animism), but do not ware janai (or sacred thread) and they do not cremate their deads instead bury them.

Currently I am trying to connect as many Giri (also Puri, and Barati) people as possible. So, if you belong to one of these 3 categories of people and want to share your stories or have a home page, please send them to me. Even if you are not a Giri, but have a Giri friend or know websites about Giri people, I welcome your support.

Please note that websites must contain non-threatening information and decent pictures or illustrations (if you send me the web link, please write a few lines about the content of the webpage!). Also, there is a large Giri community in India (and may be also in other countries) so including them in this site will be impossible, so I am only referring to Giri people born in Nepal to send their contributions. This is my email address: nepagiri AT yahoo DOT com

Hellow sir...are you talking about NepalSathi or certain Giri caste ? I am sorry but i didnt like your idea....whereas, your site has completely different views in terms of your post. DUHHH!!! By the way who the heck cares how many Giri Siris are there ? If you wanna support something then as a person. And if you come up with this so called Brahman, Kshatriyas, Vaisyas and Sudras and everything in between crap........go to hell and dont you dare to show your face here. I can tolerate many things but not this racial crap. If we start to do like this Nepal will never develop.

DARN...beware of me now..learn something before i bust out.

MatrixRose....if needed can be digitalhackerni.

Edited by ScentedSoul

Hellow sir...are you talking about NepalSathi or certain Giri caste ? I am sorry but i didnt like your idea....whereas, your site has completely different views in terms of your post. DUHHH!!!  By the way who the heck cares how many Giri Siris are there ? If you wanna support something then as a person. And if you come up with this so called Brahman, Kshatriyas, Vaisyas and Sudras and everything in between crap........go to hell and dont you dare to show your face here. I can tolerate many things but not this racial crap. If we start to do like this Nepal will never develop.

DARN...beware of me now..learn something before i bust out.

MatrixRose....if needed can be digitalhackerni.

66922[/snapback]

HARAY BHAGWAN!!! leave him alone. if he wants to know about his culture and his people so be it, why interfere with his interests! WNSO isn't suppose to be about unfriendliness. and if he wants to find info on his heritage then it's lovely, he hasn't mentioned anything racial and has been very apologetic to those who may find the post offensive. definitely more people should be interested in their backgrounds, it might help put those stuck up people to put their feet back on the ground! Edited by distant_memory

I dont give a damn...its something i dont like and will never like. If someone wants to find me or tries to know me cause of my caste and i might be related to them ,then with hell with them too. I heard that even in this Western world we Neplease have communities for every caste. Sorry but such things are out of my understanding. But then again its not my damn business...all i can say is people dont support such thing. The caste system is the most hypocritical system ever, it is literally one rule for some and another rule for others, cutting across every aspect of life for hindus. Just to mention we ''whatsoever'' caste are doing something itself *sucks* a big time.

And if someone tries to attach this all with Hinduism then let me tell you one thing.....hinduism didn't bring the caste system, there is no mention of caste system in any of Vedas. Its the arrangements made by kings and bureocrats at the time to divide the work within a community, but as civilization grew the division get deeper, more complicated and also it was interpreted in many ways for own purposes including religion.

PSS...To Mr Giri...i am sorry if i might not be able to understand your language but i have quoted few lines which bothred me.

Nepal has a large Giri population, but the exact numbers are not really known due to the fact that Nepalese government census groups Giri (also Puri, and Barati) either into Chhetri or Sanyasi (or renouncer) category.

Is it so damn important?

Giri people remained relatively unknown in Nepal’s high profile jobs or politics.

I have few friends who are Giri but sorry to tell you they dont think the way you do.

Even if you are not a Giri, but have a Giri friend or know websites about Giri people, I welcome your support.

Yea i showed them this thread...and guess what sir... they were not happy with it.

so I am only referring to Giri people born in Nepal to send their contributions.

Wow.....NO COMMENTS!!!

There are more important things to find out rather then trying to find people of our own caste.

I dont give a damn...its something i dont like and will never like. If someone wants to find me or tries to know me cause of my caste and i might be related to them ,then with hell with them too. I heard that even in this Western world we Neplease have communities for every caste. Sorry but such things are out of my understanding. But then again its not my damn business...all i can say is people dont support such thing. The caste system is the most hypocritical system ever, it is literally one rule for some and another rule for others, cutting across every aspect of life for hindus. Just to mention we ''whatsoever'' caste are doing something itself *sucks* a big time.

66969[/snapback]

Language is very rude,but the point of a view is okay. I personally don't like racism. If racism had to take place in big city like london itself people from more than 200 countries wouldn't be staying in harmony. Kavreli is pleading for the unity of giri population. His appeal shows as a research study rather than racism. I agree with distant memory for some of the points. Kavreli has not shown his rudeness. I am not from the giri background,so I can't help neither I know any giri person. I personally belongs to brahmin caste but if somebody is pleading for brahmin unity I will deny in all occassion. I might be giving details for the research study only.

I don't want to comment on more because Kavreli has not brought racism activity.

In fact,

Grouping and evaluating people based on their ancestors or caste in 21st century doesn't seem reasonable.If somebody devote his time in grouping people one cast might not be productive as well.

As we know,Mr Gore Khpangi is leading so called thepche (in Khapangi's language) and convincing some illiterate people to fight against others.The worst case might lead to war between differnt casts in Nepal.

so far the case of Giri's population is concerned, they are not of same origin.Instead they are the precedetors of sanyasi(Sadhu),when Sadhu marries and give birth to new ones.

so the matter of wisdom will be to think about the welfare of all Nepalese and in broder way of all humans and mankind.

Language is very rude,but the point of a view is okay

I get your point but such things just brings the evil out of me. lol.

so the matter of wisdom will be to think about the welfare of all Nepalese and in broder way of all humans and mankind.

I applaud.

Edited by ScentedSoul

great idea for publicity...

Sameer....