Sign in to follow this  
BS

I am BS

Hi Colleages, this is my short info:

BS

PO Box 20319 Kathmandu Nepal,

High School: Aishwarya Vidya Niketan, Dhangadhi, nepal, 1994 (2050)

Higher Secondary : G N Acadmy, Dehradun, India (1996)

21 – 23 Oct. 2002: Seminar Participant

B.Sc.: Insitute of Forestry Pokahra (1997 - 2001)

M.Sc.: Wageningen University, The Netherlands (2001 - 2003)

General Interest: watching movie, being in social events, contributing in matters of common interest, research, forestry, application of satellite remote sensing in environmental issues

Marital status: single

Fellowships/awards: ITTO fellowship for a reasearch in 1999, Nuffic fellowship for M.Sc. studies

Foreign countries: India, Tibet (China) in my recent research, Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium

Favorite past time: no past time :)

Small info on some of my activities:

Training/Seminar

Seminar on Adaptive Management for Biodiversity Conservation

IAC – WU – TBI Executive three days Seminar, Wageningen, The Netherlands

July 27th 2002: Guest LecturerA 4 hours lecture was delivered to the B.Sc. (Forestry) third year student of Tribhuvan University, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara on theme “Introductory Remote Sensing and Digital Image Processing for Land Resource Management”

July 14th – July 20th 2002 : Resource Person

Involved in a training program as a resource person for “Biological and Socioeconomic Data Analysis” for the Technical Officers at Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP), Nepal.

May 17, 2002 : Seminar Participant

Conference on The Impact of International Education in Wageningen. Wageningen International Conference Centre (WICC), Wageningen, The Netherlands.

Research Experience

Research Investigator

Land cover classifcation and Equus kiang habitat mapping in Upper Mustang, Nepal.

Research Consultant (March 25 - April 16, 2001)

Harvesting strategies of Lokta (Daphne paparaceae) in Ghandruk sector of Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP)

Researcher (Aug. 2000 – December 2000)

Photo-volume table for Pinus roxburghii

Research Investigator (July 1999 – March 2000)

Identification of conflicts in community based Tropical Forest Management in Nepal

A short-term research project funded by International Tropical Timber Organisation (ITTO), Japan.

Research Assistant (Jan 1999 – June 1999)

Practice, policy and discourses: in the implication of community based resource management in Nepal

Publications

Tibetan Sandgrouse (Syrrhaptes tibetanus Gould, 1850: Pteroclidiformes: Pteroclidae) – a new species for Nepal

Danphe (September 2002), a quarterly journal of Bird Conservation Nepal. www.bcn.com.np

The Impact of International Education in Wageningen, Proceeding of the 3rd Annual Conference of International Students in Wageningen University – May 17, 2002, Wageningen International Conference Centre (WICC), Wageningen, The Netherlands.Prepared this proceeding with the involvement of other colleague from International Student Panel. also on web

Identifying conflicts in community forestry in Nepal

Tropical Forest Update (TFU),Volume 10, No 4, 2000/4, ITTO,Japan

also on web

What medicinal value does Yarshagumba have?

Bimba 2000 (annual), Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Nepal

Ecotel: a green hotel

Bimba 1999 (annual), Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Nepal

Environmental Planning and Management

The Greenery 1999 (annual), Self Help Environmental Awareness Camp (SHEAC), Pokhara, Nepal

Nepal and the year '98, Srijana 1997(annual), Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Nepal

International Student Panel (ISP) ISP memebers, Chair person

Thanks

Good to see such qualified person as WNSO member. Hope to get help of your experienced hand time to time in the WNSO journey. Keep it up Benktesh jee, We are proud of you.

regards,

Thanks Benktesh Jee for presenting your profile in the forum. This is the way to know and share feeling to each others.

You're embellished by many of tressures.

benktesh Jee !

Thank you very much for your profile. It was so nice to know more about you.

benktesh Ji,

A brilliant profile you have, thank you for sharing your briefs profile. On the another hand, it's really nice to know about you that you are also from my place. Wish you all the best for your very bright future.

Good day to you benktesh Ji.

Benktesh jee,

was glad to see your profile...

and we are proud to have a qualified and experienced person like you in our WNSO.

so, i hope you will share the things that yu have learnt with us too... we will be highly benefited!

thanks again!

Benktesh Sir,

Glad to read you. Ati nai khushi lagyo, tapaiko barema kehi janne mauka pauda! It's really nice to me that, we are from same region. You are from Dhangadi and I am from Doti.

Thank you for your personal informations. All the best for your very success future, Sir!!

Hello Vipul jee

Thank you very much for your reply. In fact I am also from Doti. I meant not me but my father and mother lived in Doti before they came down to Dhangadhi. I sometimes go to Doti. My parental house is in Mudhbhora if you know the place. Where in Doti are you ?

Thanks !

benktesh