#11 newapasa

newapasa

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:32 AM

"The Eternal Optimist"

We have been lucky to be blessed with three sons. Our middle son, Billy, is fondly known as "the eternal optimist." For example, he had always been an early riser and liked to get in our bed at 5 a.m. We would admonish him to be quiet and go back to sleep. He would say in a falsetto whisper, "It's going to be a beautiful morning. I hear the birds singing." When we would ask him to stop talking, he would reply, "I not talking to you; I talking to me!"

In kindergarten, he was asked to draw a tiger. Art is not his strong suit, and his tiger came out with one eye that appeared to be shut. When asked why the tiger had one eye closed, he replied, "Because he's saying, 'Here's looking at you, kid!' "

Once he got into an argument with his older brother about whether a man on TV was bald. Billy said, "He's not bald. He's only bald when he looks at you. When he walks away, he has lots of hair!"

These memories and many more led up to the ultimate optimistic statement. Our third son was stricken with hemolytic uremic syndrome on a Tuesday and died on the following Sunday. The night after Tanner's funeral, I had laid down beside Billy to discuss the day, as we often did. On this night, we were lying in the dark with not much to say. Suddenly, Billy spoke. "I feel sorry for us, but I almost feel more sorry for all those other people." Which people was he talking about? "The people who never knew Tanner. Weren't we lucky to have had Tanner with us for 20 months. Just think, there are lots of people who were never lucky enough to know him at all. We are really lucky people."

-Beth Dalton

Thought is free.

#12 Attariyalese

Attariyalese

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:55 AM

"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success."

By - Swami Vivekanand.
DO NOT SAY GOOD BYE TO EACH OTHER...

Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.

#13 MohanTara

MohanTara

Honourable Member

• 866 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:11 AM

Puppies for Sale!

A store owner was tacking a sign above his door that read "Puppies For Sale." Signs like that have a way of attracting small children, and sure enough, a little boy appeared under the store owner's sign. "How much are you going to sell the puppies for?" he asked.

The store owner replied, "Anywhere from $30 to $50."

The little boy reached in his pocket and pulled out some change. "I have $2.37," he said. "Can I please look at them?"

The store owner smiled and whistled and out of the kennel came Lady, who ran down the aisle of his store followed by five teeny, tiny balls of fur.

One puppy was lagging considerably behind. Immediately the little boy singled out the lagging, limping puppy and said, "What's wrong with that little dog?"

The store owner explained that the veterinarian had examined the little puppy and had discovered it didn't have a hip socket. It would always limp. It would always be lame.

The little boy became excited. "That is the puppy that I want to buy."

The store owner said, "No, you don't want to buy that little dog. If you really want him, I'll just give him to you."

The little boy got quite upset. He looked straight into the store owner's eyes, pointing his finger, and said, "I don't want you to give him to me. That little dog is worth every bit as much as all the other dogs and I'll pay full price. In fact, I'll give you $2.37 now, and 50 cents a month until I have him paid for."

The store owner countered, "You really don't want to buy this little dog. He is never going to be able to run and jump and play with you like the other puppies."

To his surprise, the little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace. He looked up at the store owner and softly replied, "Well, I don't run so well myself, and the little puppy will need someone who understands!"

We ALL need someone who understands!

Author Unknown

Without Faith,Nothing's Possible
With It,Nothing's Impossible!!

#14 MohanTara

MohanTara

Honourable Member

• 866 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:20 AM

Lesson from a tree's life...

there was a man who had 4 sons. he wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. so he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

the first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in the summer, and the youngest son in the fall.

when they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.

the first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted.

the second son said no; it was covered with green buds and full of promise.

the third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.

the last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfilment.

the man then explained to his sons that they were all correct, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree's life.

he told them that u cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season; and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

if u give up when it's winter, u wl miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer and the fulfilment of your fall.

don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest. don't judge life by one difficult season.

persevere thru the difficult patches and better times are sure to come some time or later...
Without Faith,Nothing's Possible
With It,Nothing's Impossible!!

#15 rema

rema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:02 AM

Hey,

One from me.

God's Boxes of Love

I have in my hands two boxes