Sign in to follow this  
Sharmila Khadka

Good Quotations by Famous People

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." - Bjarne Stroustrup

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back." - Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something." - Thomas Henry Huxley (1825-1895)

"Dancing is silent poetry." - Simonides (556-468bc)

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

"But at my back I always hear Time's winged chariot hurrying near." - Andrew Marvell (1621-1678)

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

"Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called 'Ego'." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn." - Arnold Schwarzenegger (1947-)

"Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain." - Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"We have art to save ourselves from the truth." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"I think 'Hail to the Chief' has a nice ring to it." - John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) when asked what is his favorite song

"I have nothing to declare except my genius." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) upon arriving at U.S. customs 1882

"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." - H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

"Talent does what it can; genius does what it must." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown

"Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship." - Sharon Stone

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"He who has a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

"Many wealthy people are little more than janitors of their possessions." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

"He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death." - H. H. Munro (Saki) (1870-1916)

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them." - Ian L. Fleming (1908-1964)

"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars." - J. Paul Getty (1892-1976)

"Facts are the enemy of truth." - Don Quixote - "Man of La Mancha"

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." - George Washington Carver (1864-1943)

"How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself." - Anais Nin (1903-1977)

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

"I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right." - Frederick (II) the Great

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell." - Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot (1819-1880)

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

"Black holes are where God divided by zero." - Steven Wright