22 replies to this topic

#21 dipeshmnm

dipeshmnm

http://nepaleseteacher.org/

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

more recently, a sister of mine has moved to melbourne as a student, no any difficulties as she steuggles more. and never gives up hope. So students should have proper idea abt what they are doing regarding abroad studies

#22 StudentAssist

StudentAssist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:05 AM

Hello Renen,
My name is Kritika. I have a business called Student Assist where I help Nepalese students kick start their Melbourne lifestyle in overall. I came to Melbourne four years ago as a student too. So, I want to help them, something I would have appreciated when I first came here. Contact me on sukirti29@hotmail.com
Keep me posted.

#23 StudentAssist

StudentAssist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

Hello,
I am Kriitka. Australia Catholic University is one of the good universities. Personally I do not have any experience with the University. But what I suggest you is to do your research on the university fees comparing with the other universities. Even though ACU is not considered as one the reputable universities, what comes down at the end is your choice. Do you think it is very important for you to go to the best universities in Melbourne? Because they are more expensive than ACU. For example RMIT, Melbourne University and Monash Universities charge almost $4000 more per year than universities like ACU and CQU (Central Queensland University).
Other universities you might find useful are Victoria University, Swinburne and Deakin University.

To give you an example on what I experience. I had a choice of going to Monash, Deakin and RMIT. I wanted to study Business Information System. Monash was too expensive so out of question. RMIT and Deakin had almost same fees but Deakin was in zone 2 (away from city where I lived) so I had to pay a little more on public transport but wasn't much of an issue. However, RMIT had internship in the 3rd year of its 4 year course but at Deakin the course itself was 3 year course. I thought if I get an internship it will help me find a job later when I finish my studies but finishing my degree a year earlier might not necessarily help me find a job or give experience. So, I chose RMIT. Maybe you can find something that you missed out completely while you were researching.

At the end, I would like to add that most of the university will give you letter of offer and acceptance. They are pretty flexible, so don't think that it is hard to get acceptance letter from other universities.

I hope you will able to relate all this and I hope I helped you a little and did not confuse you more.

Keep us posted and Good Luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users