BS's Content

There have been 28 items by BS (Search limited from 18-December 17)

Sort by                Order  

#91352 gift to your distant gf

Posted by BS on 06 January 2009 - 02:22 AM in General Interest

I would know what makes her happy. Its not common to all.

#90869 trip to usa ra london

Posted by BS on 31 August 2008 - 04:41 PM in Talking Point - Khulla Mancha

Bimal
I am in Morgantown,WV and its not close to NY and at moderate distance from Washington DC. Do give me a call while you are here and write me email about your detailed schedule, I will do my best to see if we can meet somewhere.

Thanks

#90736 WNSO Best Volunteer award- 2008

Posted by BS on 13 August 2008 - 03:42 AM in Announcement

Congratulations to Arjun Subedi and thanks to WNSO-N team for their efforts.

#90725 Vounteering for conservation

Posted by BS on 12 August 2008 - 05:49 AM in WNSO Nepal

Dear Dipeshmnm ji,
Thanks for your post and clarification. I was just concerned, based on my own experience of working with NGO, that each program an NGO organizes, some funding is availabe for volunteers and if "managers" intend to distribute, its possible and managers will only distribute when "volunteers" are aware of such availability. Because, NGOs are responsible to donors, if the program is financed. So I was showing a way to the members of WNSO that if there is possiblity always volunteer with NGO that can also pay you. It does not really make sense to "volunteer" for free when you have an alternate to such works.
Anyways, we should always explore possibilities of "better options" and my post was realted to insisting users for exploring "options". thanks.
QUOTE (dipeshmnm @ Aug 4 2008, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear BS sir,
this is just a workshop, any snacks is provided. As for long term volunteerism, definitely your terms and a trend of terms is applied for the career of volunteers .. sorting the fresh graduates for volunteerism should also be done wisely for a NGO to run.

#90724 Vounteering for conservation

Posted by BS on 12 August 2008 - 05:44 AM in WNSO Nepal

Prasant,
I am clear on what you said and I am clear on what I meant in the post. All I wanted here is to insist that "volunteering" does not mean "for free". As a responsive citizen, I feel that our job is to guide for the best. What WCN does or what you are involved in it, is definitely a matter of convineince and personal preference. So it does not really bother me and I do not have feeling of any sort. But in most areas within Nepal, NGOs are being considered "exploiting" human resources in the name of volunteering and I just stepped into this discussion to generate "awareness" among members of WNSO. Because, even one member of wnso feels that after joining some program thourgh this network, if he/she feels for "not properly informed", we should feel guilty of running the network. That was the purpose of my post. For your notice, I have nothing at all to say per se. Good luck to your endeavors.

Thanks

#90719 Ph.D from European or American Universities.

Posted by BS on 09 August 2008 - 08:23 PM in College, Universities and Scholarship

To get started, you need to visit the website of unversities which offer courses of your interests. Vising WNSO and following its networks to look for university is good start point. If you find some universities then you can communicate with wnso members in that country. For Ph.D. in US and Canada, you will need to take GRE test and in most situation you will get some sort of assistantship i.e. you do not have to pay for the fees. If you talk about Europe, scholarships area available for students and you can find instructions on university sites. GRE is not required in most universities in Europe. I assume, you are more interested in studying in Western Europe (the developed countries). I am do not ahve much knowledge of Eastern European countries and Russia. If I were you, I would choose university which offers program (in Western Europe) in English so that I do not have to learn other language to do my research at Ph.D. level. If you navigate around wnso site you will see several scholarship links i.e. nfp for NL, DAAD for Germany, SOFOR for other Europe, Chevening for UK. In US Fulbright is one and many exist within university (you can find about this by contacting some professor who does reesarch related to your background). Hope this helps.

#90633 Vounteering for conservation

Posted by BS on 04 August 2008 - 02:05 AM in WNSO Nepal

If you pay to volunteers for their work in field by providing food and shelter that woudl be great. If you are not doing that then you are misleading people around. You shuold remember, in reality, food should come to first priority. Some youngs are really excited about volunteering imaginging their contribution will yield something for their lives as well. A good leader i.e. an NGO shuold provid benefits to working volunteers or they should not involve innocent youngs.

#90632 I Hate admin post in IT and resources

Posted by BS on 04 August 2008 - 01:58 AM in Comments/Feedback

I find some of the those posts useful but not all. Probably, limiting those feeds would help.

#90468 Announcing WNSO-NA

Posted by BS on 28 July 2008 - 03:22 AM in Announcement

thanks for your message and I am happy to see my name on this list. Now we need to think of where do we go from here. And I would like to ask fellow members of wnso to suggest what do you think we should do and what are your expectations from us. These will help us plan our course.

#90467 B.Sc. Entrance exam at Institute of Forestry, TU

Posted by BS on 28 July 2008 - 03:18 AM in News

The original notice can be found at:

http://www.iof.edu.np/notice.php
http://www.iof.edu.np/

#90465 B.Sc. Entrance exam at Institute of Forestry, TU

Posted by BS on 27 July 2008 - 02:46 PM in News

Please see this message and attached file.

The entrance exam application for the B. Sc. forestry opens for this academic session (2065-2069). Forms can be obtained from Kathmandu Forestry College (KAFCOL), Kathmandu, Phone: 01 4600343. From this year, the entrance exam center will be in Kathmandu too. Those, who have taken +2 (science) exam and waiting for their results to publish, may also apply.

Here you will find the application form and other necessary information attached.
We seek your support in desseminating this information to the interested people.

Arun Dhakal

Principal

Kathmandu Forestry College (KAFCOL)

Attached Files

#90455 MERO DESH MERO PAHICHAN

Posted by BS on 26 July 2008 - 12:59 PM in News

Bimal Jee
Nice thoughts. Let me put forward my thoughts on this. Basically, the problem is not only on politicians. Politics naturally is selfish business where you are concerned over your own benefits and nation is just a playground. In my opinion, the problem lies in our general thoughts and our ability to analyze and process the situation and general decision making. This whole process is linked to our "intellectual capacity" which is rooted in our education. I think Nepal is doing well in regards to making decisions. You can follow revolution from 2007, 2015,2017,2036, 2046 and the recent one. In all these, one common thing I noticed is that people's ideas have been growing and their aspirations have come quite high in connection to how the country should be governed. The sad part is almost half of the country is still "illiterate" - meaning cannot read and/or write. The intellectual capacity is not yet known which is the principal force behind making right decisions based on analyzed situation. The government's focus of educaiton have been to make people read and write. Once we achive this, the we will be talking about real education - the true meaning of studying - i.e. enable people to make right choices. That phase will only empower people to make right choices and stand up for rights as individuals not as "group of partymen". This will make politics accountabel to people. We have a long way to go for Nepal to be inhabitants of "majority of educated people". Right now, educated people are putting "literates and illiterates" into delusion of grandiose and the country is following the path of "few's great ideas" and common Nepali have no capacity to question such ideas. This barrier will go away as society progresses and its only the matter of time that some achieve that sooner while some take centuries and we are in second category.

#90433 masti the remix nepalimp3 songs (only three link)

Posted by BS on 24 July 2008 - 01:53 PM in Music & Movie - Review

I just asked because the link has automatic redirection to http://online.wsj.co...ain?psid=search and i had to stop browser to see teh content and I lost the interest to further try. May be I will try now. Thanks Narayan_th jee.

#90416 What is the 1st thing u think of when u wake up?

Posted by BS on 24 July 2008 - 01:25 AM in Talking Point - Khulla Mancha

I think of how much mode do I have to complete 'today'?

#90415 masti the remix nepalimp3 songs (only three link)

Posted by BS on 24 July 2008 - 01:23 AM in Music & Movie - Review

Did any body try to download song(s) from here ?

QUOTE (narayan_th @ Jul 23 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

geetko bol haru yesparkar chha.

01 Makhmale-Mausami Gurung
02 Raat ki Rani -Pushpa Paudel
03 Laaz Lagcha - Rajani Kayastha
04 Chori Deu Launa Malai-Min Lama,Radha Rai
05 Kalilo Tamalai - Rajni Kayastha &Min Lama
06 Soltenee-Bidhan Shresth
07 Musu Musu-Okely
08 Malai Maaf Garideu - Deepesh K Bhattarai
09 Timi Yasai Lajayo - Sapan Shrestha & Nepsydaz
10 Ghans Kaatne Khurkera - Prasanna Dhoj Pradhan
11 Tara Matra Hoina - Rabi Hada
12 Ghamai lagyo -Suman-Uday
13 Goreto Tyo Gaunko - Rabi Hada
14 Guransh Ko Fed (Remix) - Sabin Rai
15 Bheda Ko Oon Jasto - Deepesh K Bhattarai
16 Maya Jalaima (Remix) - Sabin Rai
17 Kaha -Apar Gurung
18 Dherai Palta - Preety Kou
19 Aau Re-Prashanna D. Pradhan
20 Aaideu Aaidew -Jems Pradhan
21 heri deu - Intake 99
22 Churpi Hai-Deepesh K.Bhattari
23 Komal tyo (Remix) - Sabin Rai
24 Hoi Nana-Min Lama
25 Maya Malai - Deepesh K Bhattarai 25
26 Maya Ko Dori Le - Deepak Bajracharya 26
27 Hawa Hawa - Jems Pradhan
28 Raat Bitcha -K2z
download link

#89682 wnso annual magazine

Posted by BS on 10 June 2008 - 03:53 PM in WNSO Bangladesh

Thanks Nabanit for your message. I would like to put forth my ideas on your magazine.

a. Lets first design section for the contents which could be Current Affair, WNSO/Bangladesh and Around, Arts-Literature, Entertainment, Health/Medicine, Environment, Global Affairs, Photo/pictures/videos, Book Review, Misc. These are just thoughts and not all section need to be in each issues. They could vary inWe issues. While designing sections, we can think of diversity in academic streams within WNSO and if we can caputure that diversity, the magazine will be a very good one. Based on the contents, we can think of generating revenue from advertisements. In academic publications, usually scitific equipment manufacturers would be interested. Similarly, private schools and training institutes can spend some money to support the publication. But we have to show them we have such and such numbers of people receiving this magazine.
b. We need some solid plan for number of printed copies and the cost of printing the publications and distribution. Advertisement can be a way to cover some of the deficient cost. But we won't be getting advertisement unless the magazine gets wide publicity and the contents are of interest to people.
c. Where are we going to make actual printing ? I guess youw will doing this phase in Bangladesh.
d. Design of cover, size and pagelay out are some other things we shuold decide first. In general following a format from any international magazine should be fine. But in Nepal, we tend to have soft cover (think) page as opposed to "Time" magazine style cover. Soft cover is costlier than think cover to print.
e. We also need plan for distributing printed copies.

#89680 FREE AND BEST PHONE CARD !! TRY IT OUT !!

Posted by BS on 10 June 2008 - 03:38 PM in General Interest

You could have highlighted rate for Nepal as well. Since your message says nothing about rate for Nepal, I lost my apetite to visit the weblink you have provided.
QUOTE (koolGuy @ Jun 9 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to share with you guys that i've been using Rebtel and this is just awesome for making calls to Nepal or any other countries, the rates are very reasonable for calling....For India it cost: 5 cents/min, for Australia , 2 cents/min and much more....U have to check it out...Try 10 mins free by clicking the link below and if you are satisfied u can add a credit and you'll be charged based on the seconds you use...No pin needed, No access number, ...You will feel like you're calling from your cell phone. The quality is superb.......I found it great..so just wanted to share with you...Simply click on the link below..

https://www.rebtel.c.../?uid=057517919

#89636 wnso annual magazine

Posted by BS on 08 June 2008 - 11:56 PM in WNSO Bangladesh

This is absolutely nice and noval idea. Are you thinking about printed magazine or e-magazine or both ? What are the intended contents of the magazine ? please provide some more detail on your ideas so that others can give their suggestions. thanks.

#89621 Mathematics

Posted by BS on 07 June 2008 - 01:41 PM in General Interest

Interesting results. Keep it up.

#89561 Anybory from Roehampton University

Posted by BS on 05 June 2008 - 12:06 PM in General Interest

Yogesh jee,
Thanks for the reply. I have plan to visit that university for a week during the last week of this month. So, was curious to find about that. Also, I wanted to ask some travel realated suggestion, which any body from London can do that.

Thanks.

#89557 Anybory from Roehampton University

Posted by BS on 04 June 2008 - 10:18 PM in General Interest

fellows,
I would like to ask you if anybody is here who is studying/associated with Roehampton University in London.

#88580 White water rafting program !

Posted by BS on 26 March 2008 - 02:27 AM in WNSO Nepal

Yadav Jee
Thanks for this post. I enjoyed seeing WNSO work at local level.

#88544 Member/memberdhip update

Posted by BS on 24 March 2008 - 01:41 AM in WNSO Nepal

Thanks for your post. I understand it is not a problem. The server database of wnso.org has latest activity records of all its users. But why would you want to renew membership ? Or you think we should consider all the people out of wnso when they do not renew this ?

#88543 Study in USA

Posted by BS on 24 March 2008 - 01:34 AM in College, Universities and Scholarship

dipeshmnm jee,
thank you for your kind words.

#88534 White water rafting program !

Posted by BS on 22 March 2008 - 06:41 PM in WNSO Nepal

Wonderful. I really wish I could join you. Thats a very reasonable price and existing event. Hope you enjoyed the trip.