7 replies to this topic

#1 Triene

Triene

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:41 PM

I noticed that a lot of the newer motherboards have active cooling on the chipsets/northbridges, etc... I was wondering if any of these cooling systems add anything substantial to the overall noise of the system? I'm looking at motherboards and there are tons of options out there....all that seem to be virtually equivalent in performance. So I figure if some are louder than others, that might be a big deciding factor for me. Any idea for which boards are loud and which ones are not or are passive?

#2 linuxuser

linuxuser

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 03:57 PM

Any idea for which boards are loud and which ones are not or are passive?

have u considered wrapping ur MB with a blanky ( for noise reduction )...hehe smile.gifsmile.gif
:)

#3 MohanTara

MohanTara

Honourable Member

• 866 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(linuxuser @ Jan 7 2005, 03:57 PM)

have u considered wrapping ur MB with a blanky ( for noise reduction )...hehe smile.gifsmile.gif

View Post

linuxuser,
Lol, u sure, r humorous..! biggrin.gif
Without Faith,Nothing's Possible
With It,Nothing's Impossible!!

#4 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(ScentedSoul @ Jan 7 2005, 01:41 PM)
I noticed that a lot of the newer motherboards have active cooling on the chipsets/northbridges, Any idea for which boards are loud and which ones are not or are passive?

View Post

I think you have figured right in the new mobos. Since the new chips are suppose to cooperate with MT (multithreading) and HT (Hyper threading) technology then no longer relies on tradiotional metal cooler, I think I have written a tuorial for that in e-learning section. http://chautari.wnso...?showtopic=5591. If we kindly go through that, We may get some information in our amazement.

I think We don't get such louder mobo, But virtually there is a hidden fact that will be seen after few months you bought the new mobo. That has to deal with ball bearing inside the fan of the coolers. Basically there are 2 types--> (1)metal and (2) plastic, Make sure you check with the vendor what is fan balls composed of? If that is metal one , you think that it's gona last longer and give noticable performence. Hope this helps some

Edited by Negative Phreek, 08 January 2005 - 05:54 AM.

#5 l33t

l33t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

View Post

Suggestions like this will always help our folks. smile.gif

#6 hiddén angél

hiddén angél

Supreme being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

View Post

You guys are so much good in having fun. smile.gif

#7 hiddén angél

hiddén angél

Supreme being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(Negative Phreek @ Jan 7 2005, 07:46 PM)
I think We don't get such louder mobo, But virtually there is a hidden fact that will be seen after few months you bought the new mobo. That has to deal with ball bearing inside the fan of the coolers. Basically there are 2 types--> (1)metal and (2) plastic, Make sure you check with the vendor what is fan balls composed of? If that is metal one , you think that it's gona last longer and give noticable performence. Hope this helps some

View Post

I have had such a horrible noise coming in my computer once.Later I found fan dead. I did not know how technically it works.People repairing my computer said I fried my chip. It was horrible experience.

#8 linuxuser

linuxuser

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:23 PM

You guys are so much good in having fun.

i am glad u think so!!

I have had such a horrible noise coming in my computer once.Later I found fan dead. I did not know how technically it works.People repairing my computer said I fried my chip. It was horrible experience.

PCs dont do well with heat. When ur fan died, tiny chips in the motherboard quit functioning because of excessive heat. You should have heat warning activated at ur BioS.
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users