Sign in to follow this  
nagendra

Problem with my PC, please help

Hello There,

I need help. I have PC with Windows Millennium. My PC spec is: P III 1GHZ speed with 512 MB SD Ram and I have 40 GB hard drive. My PC is equipped with CD writer and some TV out graphic card, DVD. OK, there you go all about my PC.

Here comes problem:

It was running smoothly for few months from the time I bought it. Now, it run like snail. I checked everything, nothing I found as running incorrectly. All I can say the differences is, when I bought it, there were only few programs, now I have fill up with some games, and other programs.

what I did to solve:

I removed most of the program that were loading into System Tray.

I also disabled system restore.

Deleted all temporary files.

Check for viruses, for your information, I have Norton 2003 Professional.

Now, what is next? well, Answer, from you guys. please help.

Nagendra bro

some tips for you.

- Defragment your hard drive.

- Scan for spyware. Download from this link http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10045910...tml?legacy=cnet

It scans drives, memory and even registry.

- Visit this link How to run Windows ME well

Cheers

Edited by himal_rai

Dear Bharatji/Himalji

Thank you very much for your kind replies.

I will go as per your instructions and will let you know as soon as possible.

Bye for now.

Regards

Nagendra Shrestha

For himal ji and Bharat ji

what is defrag? It is not neces...ly help the Nagendra ji's problem, as far as i know...

When you use the same file over and over again, writing, rewriting, saving, and deleting parts of it on the same disk, the file becomes fragmented. That means that although you can't tell, your operating system is storing all the data from that file as separate packages of information, distributed on different parts of the disk. Although fragmentation does not lose the information contained in the file, it does eventually slow down access to the file itself, because the OS must search the whole disk to create the sum of the file's parts. Defragmentation collects all those parts into one stream of data again, speeding up your system.

nagendra ji file management is very useful. Remember this tip... for your long run.

to know how do u do that email me on problems@programmer.net i will give u the clue....

From,

savya

Savya ji,

How we manage file into our PC please let us know so that all we could benefit from your tips and tricks.

I hope you will share your skill and experience with fellow friends as others were doing into this WNSO forum for last few yrs.

Waiting for your tips.

See you

Dinesh

Edited by dinesh