• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sampurna Aakash

Sampurna Aakash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

I hope you interested to suggest me an idea - how i can improve my English Pronounciation

I am abroad, and now i feel that i have problems with pronounciation of S, Sh and even with B, K, and F.

Why it vary with our Nepali Accents...........?

#2 vin22

vin22

V-victory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

The main problem of pronaunciation of language is coz of the mother tongue.........and lack of practice of other languages.........if am is not wrong then we too face those type of problem sometimes .coz the letter's are like that.........confuse in P & B ,M & N,B & V..............................

so,i guess maximum practice is the only way solution for such type of problems............and what the rest of the world think about this???? cheers..........
Visit this kool site at http://forum.nepalihippo.com

#3 zen_spirit

zen_spirit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

... i'm not much of a savvy in this matter ... but i think close observation & constant repetition of sounds from movies, songs or anything of the sort ( also talking dictionaries like encarta n oxford ) will help ... for those living abroad regular interaction with a native speaker friend or anybody whos willing to help will (i think) improve your pronunciation over time ...

... & good luck to you, sumpurna ji ..

... (((:-) ))) ...

#4 distant_memory

distant_memory

Promotion Coordinator

• Promotion Coordinator
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:01 PM

the best way to improve english is actually learning the phonetic language which is present in each dictionary in the first few pages, it's also tallies with our nepali vowels. And then reading the word u need to learn in the dictionary phonectically.
Before you abuse, critisize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes!

www.tridentcraft.com

www.nepalschoolspeakers.co.uk

#5 Deven

Deven

WNSO UK

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(distant_memory @ Jul 7 2006, 07:01 PM) View Post

the best way to improve english is actually learning the phonetic language which is present in each dictionary in the first few pages, it's also tallies with our nepali vowels. And then reading the word u need to learn in the dictionary phonectically.

There is a book called Better English Pronunciation http://www.cambridge....asp?id=2500359 which comes with an audio addition. It's really good.

Deven

Edited by Deven, 08 July 2006 - 09:38 AM.

#6 BS

BS

General Secretary - WNSO International Co-ordination Committee

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:02 PM

Watch DVD movies with subtitles. Pay attention to what to hear and what is it written in Subtitles. This might improve your skills.

QUOTE(Deven @ Jul 8 2006, 05:36 AM) View Post

QUOTE(distant_memory @ Jul 7 2006, 07:01 PM) View Post

There is a book called Better English Pronunciation http://www.cambridge....asp?id=2500359 which comes with an audio addition. It's really good.

Deven

#7 distant_memory

distant_memory

Promotion Coordinator

• Promotion Coordinator
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(BS @ Jul 9 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

Watch DVD movies with subtitles. Pay attention to what to hear and what is it written in Subtitles. This might improve your skills.
most english dvd's don't have subtitles unless special edition. and no point getting foreign movies with subtitles cause then u don;t get the sound of the words.
Before you abuse, critisize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes!

www.tridentcraft.com

www.nepalschoolspeakers.co.uk

#8 Sampurna Aakash

Sampurna Aakash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(distant_memory @ Jul 9 2006, 07:54 PM) View Post

QUOTE(BS @ Jul 9 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

most english dvd's don't have subtitles unless special edition. and no point getting foreign movies with subtitles cause then u don;t get the sound of the words.

I would like to thank all who contributed thier attentions and suggestions on my enquiry.

#9 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

really good efforts going on.........
Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,