Sign in to follow this  
Ruby

acca.. (please reply soon)

i am ruby shrestha.. i just passed my +2 and am trying to go abroad to the states.. i really want to study acca but i was told by a counsellor that u can't study acca in the usa.. so i wanted to know if that's true.. if anybody is studying acca in the usa can u please let me know?? and i also wanted to know that if i start studying BBA over here in nepal is it possible for me to get my credits transferred to a college in the usa?? if its possible then i wanted to know the names of those colleges that are affiliated to the colleges there..

Hi Rubi, I am not expert in this field but I hope that you will get good reply soon from someone of our member who are in the USA. I have requested to some of the friends there in US and I hope that they will be replying sooner rather than later. I kindly request you to keep on visiting this forum regularly for more information. If you have any more query, you kindly post here. Our friends will be helping you.

Ruby, I tried to find solution to your problem and some of the solutions offered are like this:

[Hello Ruby,

Here're the information we have :

i. Yes, there is no course called ACCA here. That is only available in United Kingdom. Instead, US universities have course called CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and is like Chartered Accountant course in nepal. YOu have to take certain exams in order to pass CPA.

ii. You can transfer your credits to US universities. Passing academic courses in US doesn't mean that you are eligible for CPA. You have to take CPA exam for that separately.

Please let us know if it answered your question or not.

Thanks

KGarne.com

--

(NOTE: We are totally online consulting service providing you the service directly from United States. So, in order to communicate with us, you have to have access to internet or email.)]

This answer was delivered in my mailbox and I am copying and pasting here.

Another Reply I got was,

CA is a british term (O: and only found in BRITISH STYLE education.

if you want to be CA then have to go to INDIA or UK

in us. after your SB/BA you can give CPA et. al.. the equivalent functioning of CA.

Another Reply was like this:

Hey,

You can do CPA in US. CPA is equivalent of CA in US.

However, rules are little different here. Every state has its requirements for CPA.

you can find details in aicpa website. www.aicpa.org

Over all all the states now require you have 150 Cr. Hours in Accounting and some work experience depending on state. You take the CPA exam which is in 4 parts

1. Auditing (AUD), 2. Business Economics Concepts (BEC), 3. Financial (FAR) and 4. Regulation (REG). After you pass all 4 parts. you need to take Ethics exam. then you became a CPA.... aka more $$$$ H

Dear ChamatkariBaba,

Really nice job done.

Ruby Ji, if you have further queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Some further answers are here:

"I am currently studying ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountant) in the US. There are three exam centers : Dallas, Washington DC and New York. Except in NY, you have to pay invigilator fee to sit in the exam center in addition to your ACCA exam fees.Fee varies according to the volume of students. There are around 150 students who always give ACCA exam from US and 3000 ACCA members who are working in the American Corporate world. ACCA has an office in NY with three full time employees. Patricia Lomoage is the Head of the ACCA US. Her email is patricia.lomoage@accaglobal.com. You can ask any question/concern to her.

ACCA is the largest accounting body with more than 300,000 members and 150,000 students around the world . So don't undermine the value of it. In the US, there are so many opportunities for an accountant .

So, my answer is; yes, you can study your ACCA in the US."

This is told by another person who cliams to be doing ACCA there. so, Ruby ji I hope that you are getting some help from our website. and any further query if u may have, post here as well u can email to

patricia.lomoage@accaglobal.com and ask directly.

hey thank u so much!!! the reply u sent was a BIG relief... as u can see the other replies i've got tell me that i can't study acca in the us.. they say i have to go to either uk or india to become a CA.. well.. i'm so glad that i'm talkin to a person who's actually studying acca in the us... so tell me.. are there really acca institutions there?? 'n can u tell me in which states are there such institutions? see.. i want to study acca but i really don't want to go to the uk.. 'n according to what u said if i find out that there really are institutions in the us that provide acca classes then that'll change everything for me... i won't have to become a CPA then.. please do reply me soon.. i'm really eager to know where the classes are located... i knew before that there are test centers there but never heard of any institutions.. thank u so much for all ur help.. by the way..i've also tried mailing in the add u mentioned.. thanx a lot ...

ruby...

P.S... but i think u told me in ur previous reply to study CPA..isn't it??'n now again ur saying that studying acca in the us is possible.. u got me kidna confused!!!

Ok Ruby, these are the wnswers given by various frens and I am not expert in the field. By looking at the answers, we can see that ACCA can be studied in USA but main curriculum setting is done by Braitain Institutions. It is basically branches of UK institutions in USA. For further help.......I kindly request you to visit the forum regularly.

i am ruby shrestha.. i just passed my +2 and am trying to go abroad to the states.. i really want to study acca but i was told by a counsellor that u can't study acca in the usa.. so i wanted to know if that's true.. if anybody is studying acca in the usa can u please let me know?? and i also wanted to know that if i start studying BBA over here in nepal is it possible for me to get my credits transferred to a college in the usa?? if its possible then i wanted to know the names of those colleges that are affiliated to the colleges there..

if u wanna a study ACCA u can study out here in Nepal and can transfer at any time in any country across the globe plus i have heard about BBA degree in KINGS COLLEGE from American University and u may able 2 transfer 2 US.

but i feel if u wanna study acca why 2 spend time studying BBA N there might be some of tuition centers to study ACCA in USA but they are not so popular as KAPLAN FINANCIAL and others of U.K.

Edited by purnaa