2009 Asia Pacific Human Development Academic Fellowship on Climate Change & Human Development
The UNDP Human Development Academic Fellowship for Asia Pacific carries an award of US$ 10,000. The students will be required to submit to UNDP a copy of their fifinal approved dissertation. In addition, Fellows may be expected to present their work in workshops/seminars and other events arranged by UNDP (travelrelated costs will be covered separately).
The thesis will acknowledge UNDPs support by saying: The author acknowledges the financial support received from the UNDP Asia Pacific Human Development Academic Fellowship for the research.
All candidates must complete a formal application in English or with an English translation, including:
A. Summary statement of the objectives of the proposal
B. Project proposal not exceeding 2,500 words
C. Curriculum vitae
Incomplete applications or those received after the due date will not be processed.
1. Be a citizen of a developing country in the Asia Pacific region (list of countries in Annex II)
2. Have Have a Masters degree in a relevant discipline such as a social science, liberal arts, or management and be currently enrolled as a full time Ph.D. student
3. Have identified a human development- related topic (further reading on Human Development topics is encouraged prior to submission of application.
4. Submit a proposal approved by her/his direct supervisor at the University in which Ph.D. is being pursued
5. Be younger than age 30. In exceptional cases the age requirement may be relaxed to 35 years to accommodate candidates who have returned to fulltime study after a period of work and/or family responsibilities
6. Not be a UN Staff member
1. Exceptional degree of creativity in choice of idea or topic
2. Stage of development of the proposal
3. Value-addition or new direction to the human development concept, methodology, analysis, application or policy relevance
4. Track record of past accomplishments
5. Time needed for completing the work undertaken
Selection will be based on an assessment of written proposals up to 2,500 words. A review of eligibility and assessment of the proposals submitted will be the basis for short listing. Short listed candidates will be required to participate in an interview. An independent selection committee will review the proposals and interact with the short listed candidates for the fifinal selection.
Deadline for 2009
Applications should be submitted by 1st September 2009.
Applications or any queries should be sent, preferably by email, to hdfellowships. rcc@undp. org
For further details go to: http://www2.undprcc....owship_2009.pdf
sujitaMember Since 13 Nov 2002
Offline Last Active Private
- Group Chautari Board
- Active Posts 2,418
- Profile Views 6,402
- Member Title Board Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Now in India
Laboratory High School, Kathmandu
University of Columbo (Last University)
Culture (PGD completed)
Kandy (Last town in abroad).
Place of Birth: