31 replies to this topic

#21 dream_noon

dream_noon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(dude_yog @ Aug 19 2005, 03:53 PM)

In india i hadn't meet any nepali in IIT/IIM or other reputed institute.though there r 30000 engineering n 13000 managemment students currently studing in india.when i was in ISRO banglore,i found many of nepali students in bar n pubs but in technical festivals n other compition in college n universities our contribution is negligible.

View Post

Hey i think first certain things should be clear here.........First thing we didnt heard any IIT/IIM when we were there in nepal doin our schooling and plus two........what we did knew are there top engineering college like pulchowk for BE and Institute of maharajgunj for medicine and more others and they were our dream colleges to attend not any IVY college of America or any Havard or oxford......it was out of our range both in terms of money and reach...........And no
institutions from forein world conduct any Entrance test in nepal to provide several scholarship to nepalese students ,,,,,,,all u can think if your father has a bundle of notes hidden under his pocket.............

And still there are like Joint Entrance test esp taken by indian embassy each year to allow 50 students frm nepal to pursue their study in india.........(keeping in mind no other countries are directly involved in taking entrance tests like india) and people appear..........the test then they succed and they end up in some Regional Engineering College(Now National Instituite of Technology).......but MY FRIEND not they end up in any IIT, do u know why there are no any seats alloted for foreign nationals in any IIT/IIM..........otherwise i would have been there in IIT not here in NIT Rkl............and i do have intension for joining IIM but do u know how much they charge for foreign national its 13000 us dollar per year at IIM Banglore.....So obviously its better to join any good college abroad with the same money not those heavy charging IIT/IIM ..........and obviously entrance procedure seems too unclear for foreign national........

Well still i think there should be students from my country nepal there in top college all over the world and i know still we are lacking behind n i have seen nepali students enoying college life more than reading especially those reading in south.........of india..........but just see how they have come ...they came to india not by any entrance test but by the strength of money........

n fren let me know how u reached there in punjab engineering college...........where amitabh babu or other stars were born.......its no worth until
you too become like any of those ........best luck from my side..........

Well for main discusion part i will prefer novel by AYN RYAN the FOUNTAINHEAD
to be here some while........just look at the character Ronan Keating who was the topper of college and how he ended up his life in the ruins and just look at the HOward Roark,my lifetime favourite .......what he does even if he was expelled in the third year of his college..........thats the main point i see.......its not only degree from reputed institute but your diligence in the subject matter...........thats it..

its not what u want in life
its knowing how to reach it

its not the goal you set
its what u need to achieve it

its not where u want to go
its knowing how to get there

its not what u dream of doing
its having the knowledge to do it

#22 dude_yog

dude_yog

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:55 AM

let me reply the views of all one by one coz everbody is one side n im counterpart.
I don't agree with Dude_Yog at all, because being a Harvard or Stanford graduate does not necessarily indicate the smartness of a student. Besides, if you look at the research league (thats how universities are graded), other universities are slowly catching up the top-rated ones and more and more papers are getting published from those universities, even from universities in India and China. Furthermore, its the department you are studying in rather than the university that counts.

well said santosh!
ur views r right on ur place it doesn't mean that im totally wrong.
just answer me one qestion
if u got a chance to get admission to princeton and very normal institute
then which one chose??
if u chose second one then i would completely surrender!
Not just the popularity of the college, even degrees are valueless these days. You must have willingness, dedication and walk-through-experience to achieve what you want.For instance I am in Computer Network and security, I won't be able to get job just showing the certs and the college, even If i get I will be kicked out after the fact that I might have fragile intelligence. What counts ?...willingness......dedication...and... experience....this has very much value in everyday lofe..

hmm !!! sounds perfect but
IF UR WITH LION THEN THERE IS RARE CHANCE THAT U'LL GET KICK OUT FROM JUNGLE...

ur views r really appreciable n notable.
lets not say that...i haven't heared this university's name...this university is ok...i haven't heared this university's name more than 2,3 times......this university is not even good and things like that (that dude_yog used to reply innocent princess's post).....whats the use of nonsense rating like these??? it is nothing more than humiliating.....and the words dude_yog used (being Honourable member) are very offensive.

yeah now i feel i had written the wrong.it was bcoz some other ppl r using abusive langugae but on reply,mistakenly i put it on some one other.
i really feel regret that i was overreacting,which is not the character of wnso member.
n mild melody, thanks for reminding me my mistakes.

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><i>I am thunderbolt among weapons.im victory & resolve,im briliance of fiery heroes.im morality of ambitious men </i></span></span>

#23 dude_yog

dude_yog

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(hiddén angél @ Aug 25 2005, 05:57 AM)
If you want the top name universities I can give you a list or find in your college Libraries, try applying in all of them, who knows ? What is your luck ? There is never a harm or loss on trying.

View Post

smart answer infact it nice to dream on being on the world.
but i'll try when i m sure that i would b there.i don't wanna lose any game of life.
inm my views if u loss 1 time then u become habitual of it.

and i also don't agree that a man is known by his society....thats a conservative mind speaking i guess....a man is known from his deeds, his thinkings...his philosophy.....not his society...its not that a society makes a man...but men make society......will you consider an intelligent scientist from a socially outcasted community as nothing?

same question to u that i asked to santosh just previous reply.
one more can u expect a good society from a student from countryside of nepal.n howmany students r there in front of u from these places.
let ur b lttle practical n c the facts that r with us.

u know why there are no any seats alloted for foreign nationals in any IIT/IIM..........otherwise i would have been there in IIT not here in NIT Rkl............and i do have intension for joining IIM but do u know how much they charge for foreign national its 13000 us dollar per year at IIM Banglore

this is just an xcuse buddy,
if a poor nerpali can make fake indian passport in order to go to do some c grade work in abroad,can't we make a new indian nationality.it's a illegal but it's worth if u get into good instituion.BTW IIM r now offering few seats for non indians too.
$13000 is nothing,jst tyurn to my previous post,there was many nepali students who pay more than 20 lakhs n get admission in c garde institution.

NIT raulkerla geek,nice i had meet so many students from ur institutuion when i was in alhabad for SSb(indian army).

fren let me know how u reached there in punjab engineering college...........where amitabh babu or other stars were born.......its no worth until

it seems quite daunting but mind it
"if u cant dream u cant do."
thank u if i wont b one of them i'll b atleast 1% of them n this give me eternal satisfaction if i reached the milestone.

its not only degree from reputed institute but your diligence in the subject matter...........thats it..

then why u come here to raulkerla,u beter nuture ur talent in some other normal engg college in nepal.even u know the answer urself.

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><i>I am thunderbolt among weapons.im victory & resolve,im briliance of fiery heroes.im morality of ambitious men </i></span></span>

#24 santos

santos

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(dude_yog @ Aug 29 2005, 10:55 AM)
well said santosh!
ur views r right on ur place it doesn't mean that im totally wrong.
just answer me one qestion
if u got a chance to get admission to princeton and very normal institute
then which one chose??
if u chose second one then i would completely surrender!

There is no definite yes or no answer to your question. Because I'm a post grad student, I've different outlook to the benefits I can get from an educational institute compared to a undergrad. Things change considerably at higher-level education.
I look at the availability and amount of scholarship (if any), research opportunities, facilities, papers published by the department/ supervisor, any additional benefits etc in this particular order. So, an ideal university for me would one which fits all these requirements, it need not necessarily be priceton.

I hope you do not come up with another unrealistc hypothetical situation of princeton and a normal university having exactly the same credentials in all fronts.

#25 green orchid

green orchid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

In a perpetual context, Nepalese students are all over the world. To prefer one more thanother is a conceptual discrimination. Most of us can't afford in high-end University doesn't mean we might be disgraceful. I am very much disappointed with this topic.

Edited by green orchid, 29 August 2005 - 04:47 PM.

#26 dipeshmnm

dipeshmnm

http://nepaleseteacher.org/

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:04 AM

In a perpetual context, Nepalese students are all over the world. To prefer one more thanother is a conceptual discrimination. Most of us can't afford in high-end University doesn't mean we might be disgraceful. I am very much disappointed with this topic.
yes indeed learn together, lead together

#27 dude_yog

dude_yog

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(dipeshmnm @ Aug 30 2005, 02:04 AM)
yes indeed learn together, lead together

View Post

exactly!well said.unite the nation against poverty n unemployment.
but we shouldn't bother from the truth n should have guts to accpt it.

#28 dusk

dusk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE(dude_yog @ Aug 29 2005, 09:23 PM)
If you want the top name universities I can give you a list or find in your college Libraries, try applying in all of them, who knows ? What is your luck ? There is never a harm or loss on trying.

View Post

but i'll try when i m sure that i would b there.i don't wanna lose any game of life.

and i also don't agree that a man is known by his society....thats a conservative mind speaking i guess....a man is known from his deeds, his thinkings...his philosophy.....not his society...its not that a society makes a man...but men make society......will you consider an intelligent scientist from a socially outcasted community as nothing?

one more can u expect a good society from a student from countryside of nepal.n howmany students r there in front of u from these places.

u know why there are no any seats alloted for foreign nationals in any IIT/IIM..........otherwise i would have been there in IIT not here in NIT Rkl............and i do have intension for joining IIM but do u know how much they charge for foreign national its 13000 us dollar per year at IIM Banglore

if a poor nerpali can make fake indian passport in order to go to do some c grade work in abroad,can't we make a new indian nationality.it's a illegal but it's worth if u get into good instituion.BTW IIM r now offering few seats for non indians too.
$13000 is nothing,jst tyurn to my previous post,there was many nepali students who pay more than 20 lakhs n get admission in c garde institution.

NIT raulkerla geek,nice i had meet so many students from ur institutuion when i was in alhabad for SSb(indian army).

fren let me know how u reached there in punjab engineering college...........where amitabh babu or other stars were born.......its no worth until

thank u if i wont b one of them i'll b atleast 1% of them n this give me eternal satisfaction if i reached the milestone.

its not only degree from reputed institute but your diligence in the subject matter...........thats it..

then why u come here to raulkerla,u beter nuture ur talent in some other normal engg college in nepal.even u know the answer urself.

View Post

Dude Youg is the greediest, sutbborn, and hypothetical person i have ever read.
god, what makes you write all these? proud to be 1%of those. other from normal universities may also be 200%of them, mind that.

#29 dude_yog

dude_yog

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE(dusk @ Aug 30 2005, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE(dude_yog @ Aug 29 2005, 09:23 PM)

View Post

View Post

Dude Youg is the greediest, sutbborn, and hypothetical person i have ever read.
god, what makes you write all these? proud to be 1%of those. other from normal universities may also be 200%of them, mind that.

View Post

wow !awesome thanx 4 prase.
actually i dont bother wat people say,coz i know im right.coz if tehre would b any student from IVY LEAGUE.im sure he may not react like this.coz thiese people know the value of society college n education,coz we dont know so we r jeaolous n react like this.
anyway i was fool that i arise this here coz some of us wont deserve it.n some r really slatwarts.

#30 Lalupate

Lalupate

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(dude_yog @ Aug 30 2005, 06:43 AM)
wow !awesome thanx 4 prase.
actually i dont bother wat people say,coz i know im right.coz if tehre would b any student from IVY LEAGUE.im sure he may not react like this.coz thiese people know the value of society college n education,coz we dont know so we r jeaolous n react like this.
anyway i was fool that i arise this here coz some of us wont deserve it.n some r really slatwarts.

View Post

dude_yog Biradar,

You have a cool selling at all. Agar tu palti kha gaya to tainu manne nai chhadna, gal aai samkjh mein? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nepalese students want to go for best education in China, India, Bangladesh, pakistan, NewZealand not in UK and USA. Our guys from UK and USA have reputed country name but no have reputed education institutions ...its very sad.. soooooooooooooooo sad. Coz you know why? Coz UK and USA has a worldwide reputation only in Pound and Dollar. Therefore thiers speaking is looking just like Pound and Dollar or more than Pound and Dollar. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Phrases:

1. India bata 10 + 2 gari westernma gayera easternlai hochchyaune?? mad.gif mad.gif
2. UK ra USA ma hune 80% Nepalese students le 10+2 or graduation India bata gareka hun. Tyo sansarlai thaa huda hudai feri kina.....I hate India?? mad.gif mad.gif
3. Bigreka patrakarharu Uk ra USA ma basi Neta huna khojdaichhan. Farak yati ho ki...uniharule bhaye bharko Nepalko sampati bechera videshi bhaye tara Naam chai Nepali nai chha feri. ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

4. Nepal bahira, kun deshma, kati jana students addyan gardaichhan bhanne kurama kasaile kasailai badhi guff haknu pardaina. Yo vishayama dude_yog Biradar ra ma ekantama kura garnechhau.

Sabailai euta kura ke bhanna chahanchhu bhane , furti nalagau...Nepal aune belama malai khabar garau. Tyas pachhi thaa hunchha....KAUN KITNE PANI MEIN HAIN. huh.gif

Biradar dude_yog, Gorkhali war jari rakh, reinforcement puri baki hai, darneki koi baat nahin mundeya. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Lalupate, 30 August 2005 - 02:45 PM.

Life has meaning only in the struggle. Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods. So let us celebrate the struggle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users