55 replies to this topic

#21 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

And in fact, Before I sign off. Little unsporty.
I am looking forward to see Mandira Bedi as well. You know who is she? No one just a Cricket comentator in one Of The Indian TV Channels Set max. Really, she was looking so sexy today while unveiling her WC Clothes............looking really preety woman. Hoping that she will add some spices in the Match smile.gif Sorry for little unsporty topic:)

Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Thieves are rampant everywhere
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,
Life and death are stolen
Alas! What can you expect from others,
When God himself is a thief?
In "Indra Jatra" by Dinesh Adhikary, Sajha Prakashan, 2051 B.S

#22 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(chamatkaribaba @ Feb 26 2007, 11:04 PM) View Post
My try to the answer is England has reached the final three times but has never won it.
question for you.............
who was the first victim of Monty panesar in International Cricket? (the first wicket, may be test, or ODI)

His first wicket in the test cricket was Sachin Tendulkar.

This will also be my last post for the day. I am going to ask another cricket about the world cricket. Who was the highest wicket taker in the last world cup?

Happy Cricket. Gud nite.
For latest views and analysis on cricket, Visit: http://www.cosmiccricket.com

#23 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hi, I am back early than expected.
I did not know the answer. I had thought that the answer must be either Zaheer Khan or Ajit agarkar. But, after a little googling, I found that the answer is WPUJC Vaas (23). smile.gif Source Wikipedia.

Now, I will not ask statistics based question coz there is a chance of goggling. So,
Answer me that Who Said this?
The Australian Team till today has defeated only the weak teams in the world. This is a statement from a reknowned cricket player of the world. Who said it?
Best of luck.

Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,

#24 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:13 PM

One Interesting fact from wiki:

Before the South Africa v Sri Lanka game was delayed and ultimately called off for rain, the South African team gave to the batsmen a table showing the equivalent number of runs required after each ball, to equal the Sri Lankan total, for the remainder of the match assuming that rain would conclude the game after that particular ball. One ball before the rain interruption began, South Africa scored the requisite number of runs shown on the table. On the next ball it appeared that the batsmen could take a run but they decided not to take a risk, believing that their table showed the number of runs to win, not to tie. Thus the match ended in a tie, and South Africa lost all mathematical chances of proceeding to the Super Six. As a result, captain Shaun Pollock was sacked

about 2003 World Cup.

Edited by chamatkaribaba, 26 February 2007 - 08:14 PM.

Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,

#25 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(chamatkaribaba @ Feb 27 2007, 02:10 AM) View Post
Hi, I am back early than expected.
I did not know the answer. I had thought that the answer must be either Zaheer Khan or Ajit agarkar. But, after a little googling, I found that the answer is WPUJC Vaas (23). smile.gif Source Wikipedia.

Now, I will not ask statistics based question coz there is a chance of goggling. So,
Answer me that Who Said this?
The Australian Team till today has defeated only the weak teams in the world. This is a statement from a reknowned cricket player of the world. Who said it?
Best of luck.

I have no idea about this question. I may have googled but I prefer not to do so. Let see if anybody else can answer this question.

QUOTE(chamatkaribaba @ Feb 27 2007, 02:13 AM) View Post
One Interesting fact from wiki:

Before the South Africa v Sri Lanka game was delayed and ultimately called off for rain, the South African team gave to the batsmen a table showing the equivalent number of runs required after each ball, to equal the Sri Lankan total, for the remainder of the match assuming that rain would conclude the game after that particular ball. One ball before the rain interruption began, South Africa scored the requisite number of runs shown on the table. On the next ball it appeared that the batsmen could take a run but they decided not to take a risk, believing that their table showed the number of runs to win, not to tie. Thus the match ended in a tie, and South Africa lost all mathematical chances of proceeding to the Super Six. As a result, captain Shaun Pollock was sacked

about 2003 World Cup.

I watched that match and was really surprised when Mark Boucher just played a safe shot in the last ball and they didn't even step outside of their crease, though there was a chance of single. The blame should be given not only to the captain but whole Proteas administration for making miscalculation, which results a major upset of the tournament. South Africa was in a great form.

#26 newapasa

newapasa

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

Sachin is my best batsman as well. It is him who teaches me batting and I have been playing cricket under his inspiration ( though I have never played a serious match). It's good to read the name of Shane Bond from Chamatkari Baba. That means I am not the only man who has expectation with him. He is indeed a very good player. I like Ajit Agarkar because he never stop being attacking though many times he becomes expensive. But who cares if you are taking wickets. Ajit's presence in the team will be a key decision in the team's bowling lineup.

Ajit Agarkar
Love_United is going to disagree dry.gif with me in this case..I'm sure about that:)
Agarkar is the worse player in IND team.
1. really bad fielding..
2. bowling ustai khattam...luck bhako belama matra 4/5 wkt.
3. I still remember .....he didn't make any runs in 7 matches continously (about 4 yrs ago) .......jahile ni DUCK OUT...ani last last ma opponent lai jamma 40/50 runs in 30/40 balls khacho bhako bela ma.......tyo team lai jidai dincha...
REASONS?.....he just gives wides and no balls.....i don't know he becomes nervous or what....and also fielding is not so good...

So in my cricket world Agarkar comes at the last no. ......
Thought is free.

#27 newapasa

newapasa

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:48 AM

Knee injury forces Razzaq out of World Cup

February 27, 2007

More trouble for Pakistan as they lose a key player in Abdul Razzaq

Abdul Razzaq, the Pakistan allrounder, has been ruled out of the World Cup with a knee injury suffered just prior to the team's scheduled departure for the West Indies. Razzaq sustained the injury during a practice session on Monday at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore and doctors have said that he might be out for up to three weeks.

"Razzaq suffered the injury during practice and we suspect it may be ligament damage or even a fracture. He is out for three weeks," PJ Mir, the media manager of the Pakistan Cricket Board, told Cricinfo. "Azhar Mahmood will be his replacement."

Mahmood, who was already kept on standby given the injury worries in the fast bowling line-up. Pakistan were already in a state of confusion as Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, the fastbowling spearheads, were in doubt to be fit in time for the World Cup.

Shoaib and Asif are currently in England for medical check-ups and were not present for the dope tests conducted by the board on the players in the World Cup squad. Shoaib had pulled out of Pakistan's tour to South Africa after he picked up a hamstring injury during the second Test at Port Elizabeth. Asif, who played the entire tour, is carrying an elbow injury.

The two had tested positive for the banned substance nandrolone in October when the board tested players before the Champions Trophy. They were both handed bans from international cricket but in an unexpected turn of events a drugs tribunal, appointed by the board, reversed the judgement in December on account of the fact that the players were able to prove "exceptional circumstances" for taking the drug.

"It is a big blow. We were celebrating Umar Gul's fitness boost when this sad news came," Bob Woolmer, Pakistan's coach, was quoted as saying by AFP. Gul had just been cleared to play after an ankle injury threatened his chances of making it to the Caribbean for one-day cricket's premier tournament.

"It is a major blow for us because Razzaq is one of our main players," Inzamam-ul-Haq, the Pakistan captain said, in reaction to the news of Razzaq's injury.

Thought is free.

#28 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(newapasa @ Feb 27 2007, 05:39 PM) View Post
Ajit Agarkar
Love_United is going to disagree dry.gif with me in this case..I'm sure about that:)
Agarkar is the worse player in IND team.
1. really bad fielding..
2. bowling ustai khattam...luck bhako belama matra 4/5 wkt.
3. I still remember .....he didn't make any runs in 7 matches continously (about 4 yrs ago) .......jahile ni DUCK OUT...ani last last ma opponent lai jamma 40/50 runs in 30/40 balls khacho bhako bela ma.......tyo team lai jidai dincha...
REASONS?.....he just gives wides and no balls.....i don't know he becomes nervous or what....and also fielding is not so good...

So in my cricket world Agarkar comes at the last no. ......

Haha, why are u so sure about me, newapasa??? By the way, the way u analyze Ajit Agarkar is absolutely right, but that's during the period when he was totally out of form. He continuosuly made a series of duck in the tour of Australia...but we have to keep in mind that many other batsmen also failed in the same series. He was in the tremendous pressure to show his potential in batting as he was always compared with Kapil Dev for being a next allrounder for Indian team. That pressure led him to perform the disaster performance, but who else in Indian team batted well?? Even Sachin failed continuously many times.

If it comes to batting, I will compare him with Shahid Afridi. Both of them bat aggressively, aim to hit each and every ball out of the boundary. Agarkar also scores 50+ runs in 21 balls. He scored 3 fifties in one day ( highest 94 against West Indies) and a century against England in test match. He has a potential to bat, but unluckily, he batted most of his innings as a tailender where there is less opportunity to prove.

I prefer him mostly because of his bowling. Most of the times, his bowling was too slumpy, giving away more runs in an over ( his economic rate of 5.05 is too high), however, he always manages to get wicket as batsmen try to be too aggressive in his spells. That's what the one day cricket is. If we consider him lucky, that will be unfaithful for him. It's not possible to be lucky in every match. He took quick 50 wickets in one day.

Ajit Agarkar may not have a good reputation to compare with other bowling legends, but he has a capability which leads him to the World Cup 2007. I am looking forward to seeing him in action. But my center of bowling attraction will be Shane Bond.

Edited by love_united, 27 February 2007 - 01:57 PM.

#29 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

Newa_pasa bro, what is your idea upon the Pakistani squad? Do you think it's the right time selected for the world cup? After the injury of Abdur Razzak, I think the team becomes weaker as he is the best allrounder and a key player in the mid-order. I am not satisfied with the team composition. It seems weaker in the bowling side.

#30 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:19 PM

PLAYERS TO WATCH

I have selected few players from each team who will be center of attraction for me in this world cup. Let's go with each team alphabetically.

Australia

Ricky Ponting- The Australian Skipper had a wonderful 2006 and he played many record breaking innings. He scored piles of centuries in both test and one day crickets and paved a way of success to his team. Let us see if he can bring world cup back to home or not.

Michael Clarke- He is a young lad with lots of potential. He is the one who has a bright future in cricket.

Bangladesh

Habibul Bashar- The captain of Bangladeshi team is also the highest run maker for his country. The batting performance of the team will surround on his individual performance.

Mohammad Ashraful- The youngest century maker in the test for Bangladesh, Ashraful is always taken as the best talent Bangladesh has produced so far. Though he has played some blazing innings, he has yet to prove himself. May be this world cup wil provide him that opportunity.

I skip Bermuda because I have no idea about the players of this team.

Canada

John Davison-If you have watched the match of Canada in last world cup, then this name will not be a new for you. The captain of Canda, Davison had batted with the high strike rate against West Indies and New Zealand.

England

Andrew Strauss-I dunno why I am impressed with this left handed batsman. I have hardly watched any of his innings but the way he shaped his international career lures me towards him. Being a left handed myself, I am interested in his world cup stats as well.

Kevin Pieterson- He was the hero of the historic Ashes victory last year. He played bravely in this year Ashes series while all other players were struggling to get back their form. This man is the key player of England team and his performance will more or less decide the English chance of winning the world cup.

India

Sachin Tendulkar- This little man has always been a batting hub for Indian team. Though at present, India has got lots of great batsmen, but his performance can never be neglected. He is the morale of the team.

Rahul Dravid- The captain of the team has always proved himself. There is little chance of him to fail. That's why he is Mr. Dependable.

To be continued....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users