40 replies to this topic

#11 GDadhikari

GDadhikari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 12:02 PM

sujan

Its my pleasure to get a chance of replying your question or lets say to give you some information .

If you plan to study Hospitality or Travel tourism as we say you will get 4 month summer practical tranning (June-sep.).The money you get from this training may support your 8 month (2semester ) fees which is about
US $5,000 but i can't say it would also support your lodging & fooding but most of the students are managing it by themselves here.

You have mentioned that you can afford 1 year fees after which you will get 4 month job and you can pay your next year fee .Cyprus is going to Join EU in 2004 .We are hoping to get 20hrs/week permit to work as other EU country if this happen you can survive here easily .After Complition of your study you will have just Certificate in your hands .

If you need further information please don't hesitate to ask.

thankx
With best compliments,
Adhikari GANGA
WNSO Cyprus

#12 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 12:54 PM

Adhikari jee,
that's really a good information.Now I am satisfied with all my questions.Thanx a lot for ur great supports.
If there is any other thing which i should keep in mind before coming to Cyprus,then please let me know about it.
Thank u .
For latest views and analysis on cricket, Visit: http://www.cosmiccricket.com

#13 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 07:47 AM

I have some more queries in my mind.I have selected Intercollege of Larnaca as my college in Cyprus.I am afraid if i have done wrong by chosing that college.How good is that college?One more thing,can we transfer to any other college in the same semester if we don like to study in the particular college?And what will be the amount spent to do that?Can we switch our subject if we like to ?

#14 Avee

Avee

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 10:32 AM

Sujan,
Look if yu are planning to apply for Inter College Larnaca, then let me tell yu one thing, there are no any Nepalese students there. And another thing is that yu will not be able to transfer the same semester if yu dont like the college or whatever.

My personal view hai... why are yu not interested in any other countries, I mean if yu have a Science background and it seem that before yu were keen in studying Science related studies... there are many other chances that yu can get through.. I mean scholarships and other stuffs if yu applied for other countries.
I think Korea is also a good place of studyin Sc and Tech. related subjects.. just my view hai... kina ki as yu have said that yu have financial crisis yu will not be able to manage more than 1 yea, yu may face some prob also. Probably, yu are gonna apply for the summer semester hoina? Then yu will have to afford for Summer, Fall and Spring.
And in Intercollege, the tution fee is 115 Pounds per credit, and the mininum credit that yu have to take is 15.
Anyway, think a lot before forwarding a sensetive step. Well, yu can personally contact me, so that I can give some suggestions. I will be glad to help yu.
Thanks!

Edited by Avee, 07 April 2003 - 10:39 AM.

Most people think, great God will come from the skies,
Take away everything, and make everybody feel high.

#15 Superb

Superb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:49 AM

hi Sujan !
it's nice to hear u r willing to study hr in Cyprus. well, i hope u've already known more or less thru Avi n' Ganga. but since u summoned, it becomes my obligation too (for i'm also the one who has been studying hr), to tell sth frm my own side as it depends how u perceive the things.
well buddy, i'll go briefly. except 2, all of the np students hr, r on htl. mgt, for the reason it gets the plus point of 4 mnths paid practical training. (so called internship) which's obviously not enuff to hold ur all expenses including ur college fee. n' lashing out money.... ?? makes u sure to b back.
furthermore, the situation hr rite now's worstlike as the war has been going on. n' for sure suchha matter effects the country, based on tourists n' hotel industries like Cyprus immensely. problems like unemployment, reduction of workin dayz n' payment, closing o' the hotels hv been seeing since the war started.
god knows wht's to come up ahead. anyways.
oh.. for the Faculty....i don't think tr's any sub based on science. even if tr's, wht must u keep in ur mind is that u won't b getting paid training axcept the faculty i mentioned above.
well man.. i think this's much of information. if u get some more questions arised going thru my post, juz throw it n' i'll be tr to catch it.
sincerely
Youwaraj Rai

#16 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 11:12 AM

Hi guys.Thanx for ur suggestions.But u people really makes me confused now.According to the informations which u people have provided me before,I decided to apply for cyprus and I am in process for Intercollege ,ofcourse in the "hotel management" course.I don know if Intercollege is better college or not,I have known that it's one of the best college of Cyprus.Moreover ,it is also offering 40% discount in the tuition fee for the first year.However,my application is not accepted till now as I have submitted 3 months old police report.They are asking for the new one.Lot of other nepalese are also applying with me for that college.Well,if u guys really think that intercollege is too expensive and i can't offord studying there,then i will switch on to cyprus college where u guys are studying.
I have no regret on chosing hotel management as my career.I think the trouble in the hotel and tourism field is just for instance,and it's efficiency will last forever.Therefore i want to study that subject.It really doesn't mean that I can't afford my expenses in Cyprus.But I really don't want to depend on my family for money.I want to do it myself.
the tution fee is 115 Pounds per credit, and the mininum credit that yu have to take is 15.

Avee ji,I can't understand what u really mean to say by above quote.Can u please tell me nicely?
And,ahikari ji.If earning has become so much difficult in Cyprus,how are u guys managing them right now?

#17 Avee

Avee

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 11:48 AM

Sujan,
Look anyway, comin to cyprus is not a right choice as I feel and all the guys here in cyprus thinks and feel too. As per me also, I am trying to spook out from here as soon as possible.
Well, your matter is really ture when yu say that ' yu don wanna spend your parents bucks' coz I too have thought the same when I was bout to come here. But look at me, this is the THIRD semester I am studying here, with all the LODGING, FOODING, TUTION FEES and even a penny from HOME.
Well, as per you have asked how we guys are managing for our studies.. let me tell you onething, I know people dont belive when we say that there is no earning here.. coz you know, I also did the same before I came here.. it means.. we think that 'tya janey haru le ta gari raheko chha hami pani gari halchhau ni' but which is really distracting. Coz after comming here, you will find out WHY we SAID all this.

And Sujan, if yu think like you can use your parents money for two/three semesters, ie. Rs 800000/900000, then you are really welcome, coz studying abroad is a real good point for the carrer. Coz no one can guarantee you even when Cyprus enters into European Union, it will be hard to find jobs!

And as per the case of Inter College and your quote.... Credits means the system, where you are taught 3 hours a week for a semester, then that is 3 credits... meaning commonly 1 hour per week for a semester is considered to be 1 credit. And the fee of InterCollege per sem is 115 pounds!

Thats it... any queries... JOT DOWN here!

take care!

#18 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:15 PM

Avee ji,ur information is really supporting.But let me tell u my problem.My main intension is to go to USA or UK for my further study,but as I have tried for it but couldn't get the visa directly,so i am looking for the alternative way to enter in those countries.I have thought that by studying in Cyprus for a year,I will have chance to have transferred to these countries.I am not thinking about the hardship of life in Cyprus.My parents can afford 5,00,000 /- for me.And I don wanna ask any more with them.My thinking was to support my study and living in Cyprus with that money for a year and then get transferred to USA or UK where there is money as well as oppurtunities.I have no intention to drop my study.Actually ,my passion is to study hard till I become capable of supporting my family living standard.What I have is good certificates and that's all is my wealth.I want to keep on going.But ur messege makes me to think twice.
Avee ji,I want to know if there is any possibilities to get transferred within a year.If there is a single chance ,which makes us ease to study in Cyprus ,then i will like to continue my idea.What do u say?
With love,
Sujan(LOVE UNITED)

#19 Avee

Avee

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:50 PM

Look Sujan,

Well, the 5 lakhs, it will be the expense for one semester you know... ok even if you kept due in college and supported your 2 semesters with that sum of money, then also with which amount of money will yu get transferred???
You are thinking that its so easy to get transfered???? Hey Sujan, ok if you pay the sum of money to the college here, then How will you manage to get trasferred from here? Do you think that college and universities in UK and USA will give you a free transfer?? Havent you thoght about the expensive tution fees and living expenses, to be spent in those countries?? unsure.gif
You will even need some more bucks than the tution fees for which in UK or USA yu are transfering.. to be shown in your bank account here in CYPRUS and that is among the most inportant thing to get a VISA!

This is all to make you clear! You will need more bucks than you spend here from home to get a transfer, coz to show as a bank balance and to pay the fees in other countries!

Thanks.. any more queries... JOT down!

#20 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:53 AM

cool.gif Well,it seems u are right.I haven't thought about that.Actually I didn't realize about the other side of this matter.That's really horrible.But ,I made the earlier decision of studying in Cyprus after reading the posts which u people have sent earlier.If u go through this topic ,then u can see that I was so confused earlier.After those posts,I thought to study Hotel management in Cyprus though it wasn't my first choice.You people were so positive earlier that I decided to do that ,and I have applied for Intercollege.But ,suddenly u guys are changed and now ,u are telling me not to come there.The problems which u have shown are right ,but I think that's the problem for all who are studying abroad.I don think any nepalese can afford their study and living expenses together .We have to face the problem.If ,Cyprus's problem is same as other country,then I like to come there.But ,if the situation is worst than other countries ,then I will quit .
What shoud i do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users