Sign in to follow this  
lucifer

Visa type for England

I just have a basic question regarding English immigration. How many different types of visas are there? If you want to enter the country (work or moving purpose) which visa type would be beneficial? how can one change his/her student visa to a work visa? How easy/hard is this? The info that you will provide will help everyone who are interesed to study and work there.

Thank you

I just have a basic question regarding English immigration. How many different types of visas are there? If you want to enter the country (work or moving purpose) which visa type would be beneficial? how can one change his/her student visa to a work visa? How easy/hard is this? The info that you will provide will help everyone who are interesed to study and work there.

Thank you

Send a PM to Deven. He is the best person to reply. It is fairly easy to change student visa into work permit provided you have a degree from UK. If you haven't got job in UK, the best way is to come as Higly Skilled Migrant (If you qualify for that). There are some training visa as well. Other visas except studnet are just like Tourist visa and will not give any facility such as medical and others. This is just a basic information. Check with Deven jee.

Yogesh bro

Thanks a bunch for the info. The reason behind I asking here is so that others could benefit from the same info that I am getting and Deven ji won't have to write the same thing five- ten different times in the pm. I am sure there are many among us who are seeking to go to England but dunno the best way to get in, putting them and theirs status in jeopardy. Anyways, your info did give me the base to do a little resarch on the matter. Thanks:)

Yogesh bro

Thanks a bunch for the info. The reason behind I asking here is so that others could benefit from the same info that I am getting and Deven ji won't have to write the same thing five- ten different times in the pm. I am sure there are many among us who are seeking to go to England but dunno the best way to get in, putting them and theirs status in jeopardy. Anyways, your info did give me the base to do a little resarch on the matter. Thanks:)

Thanks,

The only reason I wrote Send a PM Deven Jee is to pull him here to answer the query as he works in this area but it was failed attempt.

It is fairly easy to change student visa into work permit provided you have a degree from UK. If you haven't got job in UK, the best way is to come as Higly Skilled Migrant (If you qualify for that). There are some training visa as well. Other visas except studnet are just like Tourist visa and will not give any facility such as medical and others. This is just a basic information.

Highly Skilled migrant visa is the best one if you can meet the criteria, alternatively, working visa is better.

there are many type of visa, some of them are;

Visitors

Spouse

Students

Family members

Adopted children

Business

Investors

Right of abode

Work permit holders

Working holidaymakers

Au pairs

Overseas domestic workers

Transit

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

Sectors Based Scheme for low-skilled workers

For more information, you can visit http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

Sorry friends for not being around for a while.

If you want to come to the UK as:

Visitors

Normally given for 6 months, you are not allowed to work.

Spouse of a person settled or Student or WP Holder

You are allowed to work.

Students

You can work 20 hours during term time and fulltime during vacation. You have to show academic progress and funding to extend your stay.

Family members: settlement

You can work.

Business Investors

You need to have 2laks pounds available in the UK. You need to create two jobs for resident workers.

Enterpreneur

You should be able to score the required points. You cannot work elsewhere but u can set up your own business.

Work permit holders

Employer will apply on your behalf. Can be transferred to other company. Your dependants can work fulltime.

Working holidaymakers

Applicable for only common wealth citizen. Can work one year out of two.

Au pairs

Can work to support.

Overseas domestic workers

Some one who is a domestic worker back home can join in the family in the UK. Need to show good funding by the employer.

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

You have to score 65, many professionals in Nepal do qualify.

Sectors Based Scheme for low-skilled workers

Applicable for commonwealth citizens.

Switching status: Students can switch their status to work permit holder or highly skilled or enterpreneur if you have a degree from the UK.

For more information, please visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk.

Deven

Yogesh bro seems like Deven bro finally heard us screeming rite at him!! Deven ji, thank you for short but detailed info on visas. It sure did show me a way to find how I really wanna enter!! Well if everything goes right, I'll see ya'll soon!!

peace