Sign in to follow this  
shady

Getting work in a foreign country

So I've decided that I would like to go somewhere for a short period of time and that would be UK. This wouldn't be a permanent move, I was thinking 6 months to a year. I don't really care what I do, just as long as I make enough to get by, and enjoy myself. And I believe I can easily get a 1 year student work visa. But the key is the "work" part.

How do I go about looking for work in another country? Is my best bet just to GO there and look for something, or secure a "real" contract job before I get there?

Any suggestions from someone who has done this before would be appreciated.

So I've decided that I would like to go somewhere for a short period of time and that would be UK. This wouldn't be a permanent move, I was thinking 6 months to a year. I don't really care what I do, just as long as I make enough to get by, and enjoy myself. And I believe I can easily get a 1 year student work visa. But the key is the "work" part.

How do I go about looking for work in another country? Is my best bet just to GO there and look for something, or secure a "real" contract job before I get there?

'Student work' visa sounds a bit unfamiliar to me. Students are allowed to work for 20 hours a week during term times and more during holidays. But thats a student visa. Work Permit is issued at the behest of the British establishments/company to the foreign office(ministry) and the holders can work full time, but than this has no relationship with studentship. Research assistantship for PG student is unrelated to your topic. Theres another visa issued for highly skilled immigrants, this is irrelevant too, in your case. If you intend to come to the UK with a student visa, you've got to find work once you are here.

If you have certain expertise and can compete and win a position where people from outside the UK can apply, you will get a work permit. For Highly skilled immigrant visa, you got to prove your merit at the visa consulates. As a student, you got to enroll at a UK educational institution and find job/jobs for you once you land in the country. But first you've got to make clear about where you are, what you are doing now and what exactly you want to do in the UK? I am afraid I have no idea if people from outside the privileged group of nations -EU, Australia, SA, Newzealand and few commonwealth countries get a purely working visa of certain duration, unless the individual is specifically sought in by UK based establishment. May be other WNSO members have more valuable info on this regard.

Bro thanks a lot. I will be coming from USA.

Well, get a visitor's visa. Find Nepalese friends in the UK. They might help you get a job. Work and experience the British way of life for a couple of months. Round up your trip with a visit to surrounding European countries and go back to USA. In terms of finding work, I guess its easier in the US than in the UK. If you want to get a British degree, you can come as a student anyways. Good luck mate.

In my case, I have the UK visa (good for 4 years) so I can take my time. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a job before I go there based on my experience. There's a whole lot of crap to figure out, esp. WRT taxation. And driving permits. And bank accounts. And where do you live while you're trying to find a place to live. I'm excited, but the potential mountain of work is a bit off-putting.

Thank you bro, that was a quick response.

Edited by shady

Dude thanks for your pit stop. Lets see what happens. My plan is to work for a year or two and go back to Nepal.

Bharat dai ka shelter linu parla... :D

Shady

I thought about that a while back and came up with similar questions. So I'm still stuck. Hopefully I'll be able to one day. if you really wanna do it bro, here is what you gotta start with.

http://www.londonjobs.co.uk/

http://www.jobsword.co.uk/england.html

http://www.jobs.telegraph.co.uk/search.asp...Location=100002

and many more.....

~peace~

when u come in uk,then u have to be kitchen porter in kitchen.u can get that easy job in restaurant, that's the most easy job in uk if u r legal.u can make money if u are promoted from kitchen porter.