10 replies to this topic

#1 sawcheen

sawcheen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:13 PM

hi All,

I'm Sachin from Nepal, i've done BSc in Computer Science from TU and working for a software company here in KTM for more than 3 yrs. I'm planning to continue my Graduate degree in US. Since my bach degree is of 3yrs degree, how would u suggest me to continue?
Thanks in advance.

#2 vintage grapes

vintage grapes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(sawcheen @ Aug 15 2005, 07:13 PM)
hi All,

I'm Sachin from Nepal, i've done BSc in Computer Science from TU and working for a software company here in KTM for more than 3 yrs. I'm planning to continue my Graduate degree in US. Since my bach degree is of 3yrs degree, how would u suggest me to continue?
Thanks in advance.

View Post

I don't know abt computer science, wait for mathgirl till comeback.
Confidential help is one click
away for WNSO members. Email helpline at wnso.org  (worldwide)
or helplineuk at wnso.org  (only for UK). Not feeling well?
Email WNSO doctor to doctor at wnso.org. Please replace at with @

#3 shrbinay

shrbinay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:22 AM

sachin dai

even though i am under grad student here in US....i know some nepali dai who have same academic background as you have....if u want to study master level in any US university, then u must have attended 4 years college....what u can do is ...as most nepali dai n didi who have completed bachelor level course in nepal do ...............come here as under grad student...then tranfer all your credits to university over here..and complete your undergrad...i don't think it will take long time...if all ur credits are transferred here then i guess u just have to study one or two semester....
........good luck!
....................................................................................

#4 nightfall queen

nightfall queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:23 AM

Where is your Target ? North, South, East or West ? If that is around michigan lemme know.....

#5 dream_noon

dream_noon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(nightfall queen @ Sep 1 2005, 10:23 AM)
Where is your Target ? North, South, East or West ? If that is around michigan lemme know.....

View Post

which part is best for MS studies in america as well as when a nepali can properly adapt the place.................where are more nepali can be found.........just suggest......coz i am interesed for MS there............ smile.gif
its not what u want in life
its knowing how to reach it

its not the goal you set
its what u need to achieve it

its not where u want to go
its knowing how to get there

its not what u dream of doing
its having the knowledge to do it

#6 MohanTara

MohanTara

Honourable Member

• 866 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:06 AM

Since my bach degree is of 3yrs degree, how would u suggest me to continue?

Hi there sawcheen! smile.gif
Just logged in....
just 2 give my 5 cents worth...
Ermm..
Ur enquiry is..
i might say is rather odd.. blink.gif

I've not attended university b4,
but from what I feel..
It seems apparent that
u r just going 4 after some paper chase, unsure.gif
rather that where ur interest lies in.

I believe that we have seen cases whereby graduates w/o jobs.
They have the knowledge but
lack some of the above life skills that have denied themselves
the opportunity 2 succeed. ph34r.gif

But it's important 2 learn basic knowledge from formal eudaction.
It's 4 all of us 2 c the world more logically. laugh.gif smile.gif

QUOTE(shrbinay @ Aug 19 2005, 08:22 AM)
sachin dai

even though i am under grad student here in US....i know some nepali dai who have same academic background as you have....if u want to study master level in any US university, then u must have attended 4 years college....what u can do is ...as most nepali dai n didi who have completed bachelor level course in nepal do ...............come here as under grad student...then tranfer all your credits to university over here..and complete your undergrad...i don't think it will take long time...if all ur credits are transferred here then i guess u just have to study one or two semester....
........good luck!

View Post

If you're going 2 go abroad,
at least make sure that the qualification 4 ur degree
is equivalent 2 the local one. smile.gif

Edited by MohanTara, 03 September 2005 - 06:08 AM.

Without Faith,Nothing's Possible
With It,Nothing's Impossible!!

#7 green orchid

green orchid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE(sawcheen @ Aug 15 2005, 06:13 PM)
hi All,

Thanks in advance.

View Post

It will depend upon the colleges, university you are applying for. First you need to find particular university and the programs they offer. If there is any luck you can try on Masters, provided that you have GRE,TOEFL and other requirements in your field. Previously when TU had 2 years program you had to redo the undergrad but 3 years, I firmly believe that you can apply for Masters.

Choose university first.

#8 nononsense

nononsense

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(sawcheen @ Aug 15 2005, 06:13 PM)
hi All,

Thanks in advance.

View Post

Hello Sachin. Shrbinay's suggestions will be helpful for you. You can find out various US universities from the internet or from the American centre in Kathmandu and then contact them asking if they can evaluate your credits to transfer you for the 4th year of undergraduate degree. As you have already had more than three years of working experience, the chanches are there for you to get a direct admission to MS as well, in some universities. You got to get good TOEFL scores, produce a fine academic record and impressive references from one of your professors and employers. Hopefully that will be helpful for MS admission or atleast credit transfers for a semester's or two's undergraduate degree. The best thing is to make a choice of a handful of universities. Directly contacting the department and being persuasive will help.

One of my brothers had just secured a 4th year placement in BSc Biotechnology in the US with credit transfers from 3 years BSc in microbiology in Nepal.

Good look with your endeavours. smile.gif

#9 Thank You!

Thank You!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:32 PM

1 members already said Thank You! for your outstanding contribution to WNSO!
>TrappedCivilian

#10 barsa

barsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(sawcheen @ Aug 15 2005, 07:13 PM)
hi All,

Thanks in advance.

View Post

You have a very good chance sawcheen. You are eligable for graduate study by your experience. You can choose any IT affliate schools. If you want at east coast apply in my University.
Technology Department

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users