Sign in to follow this  
sawcheen

Need help for further study.

hi All,

I'm Sachin from Nepal, i've done BSc in Computer Science from TU and working for a software company here in KTM for more than 3 yrs. I'm planning to continue my Graduate degree in US. Since my bach degree is of 3yrs degree, how would u suggest me to continue?

Thanks in advance.

hi All,

I'm Sachin from Nepal, i've done BSc in Computer Science from TU and working for a software company here in KTM for more than 3 yrs. I'm planning to continue my Graduate degree in US. Since my bach degree is of 3yrs degree, how would u suggest me to continue?

Thanks in advance.

74941[/snapback]

I don't know abt computer science, wait for mathgirl till comeback.

sachin dai

even though i am under grad student here in US....i know some nepali dai who have same academic background as you have....if u want to study master level in any US university, then u must have attended 4 years college....what u can do is ...as most nepali dai n didi who have completed bachelor level course in nepal do ...............come here as under grad student...then tranfer all your credits to university over here..and complete your undergrad...i don't think it will take long time...if all ur credits are transferred here then i guess u just have to study one or two semester....

........good luck!

Where is your Target ? North, South, East or West ? If that is around michigan lemme know.....

75540[/snapback]

which part is best for MS studies in america as well as when a nepali can properly adapt the place.................where are more nepali can be found.........just suggest......coz i am interesed for MS there............ smile.gif

Since my bach degree is of 3yrs degree, how would u suggest me to continue?

Hi there sawcheen! smile.gif

Just logged in....

just 2 give my 5 cents worth...

Ermm..

Ur enquiry is..

i might say is rather odd.. blink.gif

I've not attended university b4,

but from what I feel..

It seems apparent that

u r just going 4 after some paper chase, unsure.gif

rather that where ur interest lies in.

I believe that we have seen cases whereby graduates w/o jobs.

They have the knowledge but

lack some of the above life skills that have denied themselves

the opportunity 2 succeed. ph34r.gif

But it's important 2 learn basic knowledge from formal eudaction.

It's 4 all of us 2 c the world more logically. laugh.gifsmile.gif

sachin dai

even though i am under grad student here in US....i know some nepali dai who have same academic background as you have....if u want to study master level in any US university, then u must have attended 4 years college....what u can do is ...as most nepali dai n didi who have completed bachelor level course in nepal do ...............come here as under grad student...then tranfer all your credits to university over here..and complete your undergrad...i don't think it will take long time...if all ur credits are transferred here then i guess u just have to study one or two semester....

........good luck!

75097[/snapback]

If you're going 2 go abroad,

at least make sure that the qualification 4 ur degree

is equivalent 2 the local one. smile.gif

Edited by MohanTara

hi All,

Thanks in advance.

74941[/snapback]

It will depend upon the colleges, university you are applying for. First you need to find particular university and the programs they offer. If there is any luck you can try on Masters, provided that you have GRE,TOEFL and other requirements in your field. Previously when TU had 2 years program you had to redo the undergrad but 3 years, I firmly believe that you can apply for Masters.

Choose university first.

hi All,

Thanks in advance.

74941[/snapback]

Hello Sachin. Shrbinay's suggestions will be helpful for you. You can find out various US universities from the internet or from the American centre in Kathmandu and then contact them asking if they can evaluate your credits to transfer you for the 4th year of undergraduate degree. As you have already had more than three years of working experience, the chanches are there for you to get a direct admission to MS as well, in some universities. You got to get good TOEFL scores, produce a fine academic record and impressive references from one of your professors and employers. Hopefully that will be helpful for MS admission or atleast credit transfers for a semester's or two's undergraduate degree. The best thing is to make a choice of a handful of universities. Directly contacting the department and being persuasive will help.

One of my brothers had just secured a 4th year placement in BSc Biotechnology in the US with credit transfers from 3 years BSc in microbiology in Nepal.

Good look with your endeavours. smile.gif

hi All,

Thanks in advance.

74941[/snapback]

You have a very good chance sawcheen. You are eligable for graduate study by your experience. You can choose any IT affliate schools. If you want at east coast apply in my University.