10 replies to this topic

#1 lucifer

lucifer

born to raise hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

I just have a basic question regarding English immigration. How many different types of visas are there? If you want to enter the country (work or moving purpose) which visa type would be beneficial? how can one change his/her student visa to a work visa? How easy/hard is this? The info that you will provide will help everyone who are interesed to study and work there.

Thank you

A full blooded Gorkhe ain't gonna care bout no spelling & grammers

#2 yogesh

yogesh

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(lucifer @ Jan 15 2006, 02:54 PM) View Post

I just have a basic question regarding English immigration. How many different types of visas are there? If you want to enter the country (work or moving purpose) which visa type would be beneficial? how can one change his/her student visa to a work visa? How easy/hard is this? The info that you will provide will help everyone who are interesed to study and work there.

Thank you

Send a PM to Deven. He is the best person to reply. It is fairly easy to change student visa into work permit provided you have a degree from UK. If you haven't got job in UK, the best way is to come as Higly Skilled Migrant (If you qualify for that). There are some training visa as well. Other visas except studnet are just like Tourist visa and will not give any facility such as medical and others. This is just a basic information. Check with Deven jee.

God is that indefinable something which we all feel but which we do not know. To me God is Truth and Love, ethics and morality. Even the atheism of the atheist is god. From Gandhi Speaks.

#3 BS

BS

General Secretary - WNSO International Co-ordination Committee

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:12 PM

Please review this site. It might be useful to know aobut working visa things.

http://www.workingin...to_the_uk_.html

Edited by BS, 31 January 2006 - 01:54 AM.

#4 lucifer

lucifer

born to raise hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Yogesh bro
Thanks a bunch for the info. The reason behind I asking here is so that others could benefit from the same info that I am getting and Deven ji won't have to write the same thing five- ten different times in the pm. I am sure there are many among us who are seeking to go to England but dunno the best way to get in, putting them and theirs status in jeopardy. Anyways, your info did give me the base to do a little resarch on the matter. Thanks:)

#5 yogesh

yogesh

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(lucifer @ Jan 18 2006, 04:31 PM) View Post

Yogesh bro
Thanks a bunch for the info. The reason behind I asking here is so that others could benefit from the same info that I am getting and Deven ji won't have to write the same thing five- ten different times in the pm. I am sure there are many among us who are seeking to go to England but dunno the best way to get in, putting them and theirs status in jeopardy. Anyways, your info did give me the base to do a little resarch on the matter. Thanks:)

Thanks,
The only reason I wrote Send a PM Deven Jee is to pull him here to answer the query as he works in this area but it was failed attempt.

God is that indefinable something which we all feel but which we do not know. To me God is Truth and Love, ethics and morality. Even the atheism of the atheist is god. From Gandhi Speaks.

#6 thirdpole

thirdpole

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(yogesh @ Jan 15 2006, 04:59 PM) View Post

It is fairly easy to change student visa into work permit provided you have a degree from UK. If you haven't got job in UK, the best way is to come as Higly Skilled Migrant (If you qualify for that). There are some training visa as well. Other visas except studnet are just like Tourist visa and will not give any facility such as medical and others. This is just a basic information.

Highly Skilled migrant visa is the best one if you can meet the criteria, alternatively, working visa is better.

there are many type of visa, some of them are;

Visitors
Spouse
Students
Family members
Adopted children
Business
Investors
Right of abode
Work permit holders
Working holidaymakers
Au pairs
Overseas domestic workers
Transit
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
Sectors Based Scheme for low-skilled workers

For more information, you can visit http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/
-----------------------------------
Dear Che Guevara, world is beautiful with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Evo Morales and many others to follow, including Baburam Bhattrai and Prachanda. I wish you were here.

#7 Deven

Deven

WNSO UK

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:29 PM

Sorry friends for not being around for a while.

If you want to come to the UK as:

Visitors
Normally given for 6 months, you are not allowed to work.

Spouse of a person settled or Student or WP Holder
You are allowed to work.

Students
You can work 20 hours during term time and fulltime during vacation. You have to show academic progress and funding to extend your stay.

Family members: settlement
You can work.

Business Investors
You need to have 2laks pounds available in the UK. You need to create two jobs for resident workers.

Enterpreneur
You should be able to score the required points. You cannot work elsewhere but u can set up your own business.

Work permit holders
Employer will apply on your behalf. Can be transferred to other company. Your dependants can work fulltime.

Working holidaymakers
Applicable for only common wealth citizen. Can work one year out of two.

Au pairs
Can work to support.

Overseas domestic workers
Some one who is a domestic worker back home can join in the family in the UK. Need to show good funding by the employer.

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
You have to score 65, many professionals in Nepal do qualify.

Sectors Based Scheme for low-skilled workers
Applicable for commonwealth citizens.

Switching status: Students can switch their status to work permit holder or highly skilled or enterpreneur if you have a degree from the UK.

For more information, please visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk.

Deven

#8 lucifer

lucifer

born to raise hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

Yogesh bro seems like Deven bro finally heard us screeming rite at him!! Deven ji, thank you for short but detailed info on visas. It sure did show me a way to find how I really wanna enter!! Well if everything goes right, I'll see ya'll soon!!

peace

#9 BS

BS

General Secretary - WNSO International Co-ordination Committee

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:55 AM

I forgot to paste this links in my previous post in this topic. Here I am rectifying my mistake.

#10 Deven

Deven

WNSO UK

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(BS @ Jan 31 2006, 01:55 AM) View Post

I forgot to paste this links in my previous post in this topic. Here I am rectifying my mistake.

Lucifer,

I was just busy for the last few weeks. K garne, life nai yestai chha. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Deven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users