Sign in to follow this  
love_united

Looking to study in Cyprus?

I am Sujan Uday from Butwal,Nepal.I did pass my +2 (faculty Science,Bio)in year 2001.Since then ,I am looking forward to study abroad.I have found that most of the private institutes in Nepal is offering guarenteed visa for studying in Cyprus.It looks interesting ,but I want to be convinced in some of the things before involving in it.The matter is like ....how is Cyprus for the international students,mostly Nepalese?As it is obvious that Nepalese can't afford studying outside the country in his own expenses and he should look for the jobs along with his study to balance his study and living expenses.How good is Cyprus to offer these things?How is the condition of the country in case of security?Above all,what is the standard of education and how good it is in contaxt of Nepalese education system?I also wanna know if we can study science oriented subject there ?Which subject is more proficient to study in Cyprus?

I can know all these things from the institutions here or from websites.But I believe in WNSO students and their faith.I request to all those Nepalese students studying in Cyprus to help me out and guide me in the right way.

Thanx.

Sujan,

well, yes..we all know that the educational consultancies and all those are makin a real big deal with the study in Cyprus.. coz of guaranteed visa and all those stuffs.

It is really great that yu posted here in WNSO to know abt Cyprus.

Studying in Cyprus is cheap,along with accomodation and fooding. But, you are not allowed to work, I mean no usual part time jobs like 20 hrs per week and so. But the Hospitality Management student gets work permit full time for summer(4 months). Well, money earned on that period can fully help you for yor expenses later, but there is also a chance for not being enough. So, if anyone comes here, he/she have to be in the position to ask money from home for One Sem study (and that is also after payment for 2 sems fee and own expenses from home)

The reputation and accredition for Hotel/Hospitality Management courses here in Cyprus is good enough. You can get your credits easily transfered to universities abroad (but yu have to get a visa by yourself, college will not help you).

Except these things, studying with Science major can also be done, but untill now not allowed to work. But soon work permit is gonna be given, coz yu all know its entering into European Union.

More information can also be found in official website of WNSO Cyprus http://cyprus.wnso.org

If yu have further queries, feel free to leave a post!

Thanks!

Edited by Avee

Thank u very much Avee for giving me the useful informations about Cyprus.I have visited the institute which deals with the Cyprus study today.There I came to know the same things which u have mentioned in above post.But,they haven't told me that working will be permitted for students apart from Hospitality management when Cyprus enters the European union.Is this true or just ur thought?

If the information which u have given is true,then I will like to come to Cyprus for the science field.Is it possible to be transferred by studying science oriented subjects?Anyway,I also want to know why studying Hospitality management is scopeful.Being myself a science student,I have less knowledge about this field,so I feel hesitated to apply for that field.I will be grateful if I know about it.

WNSO,please give me the satisfactory replies.Ur replies pave a way to my future .I request u all to participate to lead me as well as other students who want to study in Cyprus.

I forget to add up one thing in my last post.I was already being rejected while trying to UK and therefore,I have a stamp on my passport.I was told by the institute's member here that it won't affect to get the visa.They may be true,but I am confused if it will hamper me while trying to have credit transfer to other countries.And also,how much does it cost if we like to transfer our study to other countries?The things look so easy and offering so much thing,but I want to be convinced in each and every things?I ask to the website developer of "www.cyprus.wnso.org"to put these things in the website to make it more informative.

Thanx a lot..

Sujan bhai,

Look about your asking, permit will be allowed to the students of all sectors or not, I THINK yu know if the government gives the permit of 20 hrs a week to the students, then they cannot select students frm this or that field to or not to give the permits. Simply, I mean that all full time STUDENTS will be given the permit.

About the scope of Hospitality Management, it depends upon one... look I am also a college graduate of Science but I am studying Hospitality Management. So, yu have to think well whether which subject to study and which to not, as each and every field have its own scopes!

And, I dont think that stamp will make a big deal while your transfers, if yu have good sum of money to afford the transferring university or college and ofcourse good grades too!

And also,how much does it cost if we like to transfer our study to other countries?The things look so easy and offering so much thing,but I want to be convinced in each and every things?I ask to the website developer of "www.cyprus.wnso.org"to put these things in the website to make it more informative.

I am the designer of WNSO Cyprus website, so I wanna tell yu that the expenses transferring to other universities will be the expenses quoted by same univs and colleges yu choose to transfer and no more. Its just simple, so I dont think that sud be in the website. If there are any other things, please feel free to drop down!

We all will be always here!

Edited by Avee

QUOTE (love_united @ Apr 5 2003, 10:15 AM)
Hi Bimal.
Are u studying in Cyprus too?Tell me what r u studying and where?
Bye.

No Bimal is not studying in CYPRUS!

he jus guesses that Cyprus could be a good country to study... yea but just to study... smile.gif

sujan,

Nice to see your post regarding Study in Cyprus. The information that Avee gave you is exactly the same with the situation of cyprus.

There is no allowance to work through out your course unless you are Hospitality student.

I was also a science student in College .Now,Like Avee ,i am doing Hospitality Mgm., really the scope depends in one's own thought. There is scope of every study till yu are genious. So, studying each and every subject has its own value.

If you are interested with Science majors, then there are slections like Computer Science, IT, Communications, Engg. etc., but its the truth that you have to spend a little more money for it, as you will not get the permit to work untill the context of TODAY.

Choice is yours.

Wish you very best for your glorious future.

If you have any more questions, then put down your words here.

Thanx Adhikari jee and Avi jee,

Today I have another question for u .I am also planning to apply for Cyprus in Hospitality(Hotel)and Tourism Management.I want to know if it is easy to afford my study as well as my living expenses by working in the summers.I dunno whether it is easy to get the job in Cyprus or not and also how much we are paid.I am undergoing financial crisis and thus am unable to support my expenditure for more than a year.I can manage to pay for only 1 year from Nepal,but all other expenses should be managed by me in Cyprus.So,faithfully,please tell me if the working can makes my living easier in Cyprus or not.Please be hurry,so that i can change my mind in the right time.

Thanx.