• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Muskan

Muskan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:07 PM

Someone had said this right "Leaving behind the country of your birth is like losing someone you love.Memories of it are like being in love-but with the wrong person:a sweet sorrow that you would not change even if you could......an anomaly like nidnight's sun......heaven laying close upon the earth.................."

Two years on.....and i still miss my mother(Nepal) like a child desperate for her mother. i can feel her warmth, the benevolent ray of sun in falgun..even when the entire england is enveloped in a white sheet of snow. Whilst i manage to catch my breath amid the mess of work and studies i always long for her love.As much the gentle snow fall makes me happy,the crown of magnificiant snow-capped mountians that my mother wear always inspire me.

I wonder how much she'd be happy to see me home again, see me playing on the terrace where i grew up,chasing butterflies and dragonflies.I chuckle and exclaim Oh! i will throw myself into her arms and share all my pains and loneliness that i endured when i was away all these years....i will cry and cry until the cool wind weeps my tears, kiss my cheeks and welcome me back with the vibirant colours of festivals which i never get to see anywhere in england.
Sometimes in the night i look at the stars,scattered all over the dark velvet of the sky that stretches as far as i can see,that stretches above my mother's head just next to the horizon where my eye sight cannot reach and i sigh.contd......

#2 Muskan

Muskan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:25 PM

contd.....
The rain that patters against my window reminds me of monsoon when my mother used to get drenched,bathing every paddy fields and making little puddles for me and my friends to play and splatter.

For me there's no place like home,on place on earth can make me feel safe other than her lap but sometimes from the distant i can hear her cries.....Not only her warmth, i can feel her pain too. she's exhausted with her children including me....she askes me why did i leave her to cry alone....and if i am happy to see her being torned apart by war,terror and poverty?

some of her childern don't want to know her any more.perhaps she's accepted this but she's more than willing to open her arms for them too.then my conscience askes me,"what have you given to your mother,who gave you every drop of her blood and soul for u????then i say to myself"i will be home".me,myself and i will be a gift for her. she could ask for nothing because she will be reunited with her long lost child and m sure she will be ecstatic to see me home again......

#3 MohanTara

MohanTara

Honourable Member

• 866 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:30 PM

Muskan,
A really beautiful piece of article!
Keep on writing!! tongue.gif

After reading this,
I m now,missing my mom n dad,even more... sad.gif
But would just tell myself that,
Even nestling have 2 leave their nest when it'stime...
So does us.....

From my personal point of view,
I must admit that ,
it's really true....
"Leaving behind the country of your birth is like losing someone you love.
Memories of it are like being in love-but with the wrong person:
a sweet sorrow that you would not change even if you could......

Without Faith,Nothing's Possible
With It,Nothing's Impossible!!

#4 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(MohanTara @ Feb 27 2005, 03:30 PM)
After reading this,
I m now,missing my mom n dad,even more... sad.gif

View Post

As long as the somebody exists there can be not so much missing, I think somebody said that...smile.gif

Nice piece of article Muskan,

We live in the world totally different from Nepal, Eventhough We miss our country beside the worse establishment in the world

Edited by Limitation//Moon, 27 February 2005 - 03:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users