4 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:12 AM

This Interview was taken from WNSO Newsletter Vol. 1 Issue 7

We are pleased to announce Dr Shahina Gupta, from Moscow, Russia joined WNSO Team to support WNSO e-greeting section few months ago. Although graphic design is not her main profession she is rich of multi-talent and multi professionalism.

We requested her for email interview, please follow link below to read excerpts from her email interview.
--------------------------------
Welcome to WNSO Dr. Gupta.

First of all thank you very much for accepting our request for interview.

Can you introduce yourself to our members please?

Dr. Gupta: I was born and brought up in Srinagar, Kashmir, India and after my schooling, I came to Moscow, Former USSR in 1981 and joined the department of Russian Language and Literature. I did my Bachelors and then Masters (Hons) (6 years course) in Russian Language & Literature. After that I did my PhD. (three years) in Russian Language. The topic for my Thesis was a comparative study between Russian and Urdu Languages. It was an interesting and completely a new topic. While I was doing my PhD, I worked as an interpreter in an Exhibition here for one Swiss Trading Company and subsequently got the job in the same company. Worked as Export Executive and then became the Head of the Representative office of the said company in Moscow. This is how I came into Business Profession. After my marriage, left the job. Did some computer designing courses, which were a challenge for me as I was always an arts student and not attracted to computers or any science. As I was always interested in Designing – whether it be designing of small items like boxes for keeping Napkins, CDs etc. to computer designing, this challenge and desire helped me to learn many soft wares (some I have learnt thru trial and error method on my own) and came out successful in everything I did and learnt. I am sure if one is clear in one’s aim, then that aim will be fulfilled.

I have successfully completed projects like designing of gift packs (which I have displayed in my personal website www.shahinasgallery.com), websites and company leaflets for Multinational companies. Presently, designing Greeting cards for WNSO and working on some other projects for non profitable organizations and also working as a Freelance Graphic designer for other big Trading and Multinational companies.

Continue...
Thank you,

Yours,

Administrator

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:12 AM

How did you find WNSO?

Dr. Gupta: I would like to say here that I also do some online volunteering jobs for non-profitable organizations (some of them are: “Education for Development”, “Unite for Sight”, “American Support for Afghanistan”). So I keep browsing the Internet, looking for some such projects. This gives me satisfaction of work as I think that this way I am of some help to those organizations who are doing so much for others. So while browsing, I came across WNSO and saw that the E card section was not as rich as it should be as compared to other e- greeting sites. So I wrote to WNSO and offered them my services.

What convinced you to join WNSO or why did you decided to contribute in WNSO?

Dr. Gupta: The site is very impressive and the hard work that has gone behind it is appreciable. As I haven’t yet put my cards on to any other site, it was good to be a part of a group of people who brought so much information under one umbrella and I am sure it would not have been an easy job.

What is the best and worst part of WNSO in your view?

Dr. Gupta: Too early for me to comment on this.
According to your experience with WNSO did you find what you were expected or what you used to think could be in WNSO?

Dr. Gupta: As it usually happens, when you are in constant touch, one tends to understand each other in a better way. Same thing happened with me and WNSO. The first E-mail I received was a formal one with strict conditions for designing the cards for their site – that is without any personal advertisements. But as time passed and I had sent few of my cards designed specially for WNSO, I started getting more friendly than official level replies, that really boosted up my desire to design more beautiful cards for WNSO and make the Card section a better one, so that people who logon to this site, will have choice of cards to send to their loved ones. Afterwards WNSO team also allowed me to use my logo and my request to give a link back to my personal site was also supported. That shows the real good spirit of the team working for WNSO. I am really happy to be a part of that team.

Thanks to the team specially to Mr.Bharat Thapa.

Any suggestion to improve WNSO?

Dr. Gupta: I think I am too new for this Team to give any suggestions right away as to how to improve WNSO. But from what I have read and understood WNSO Team is doing fairly well for the Nepalese Students who are the Future of their country and to help students is a great deed. We were students once and we know what all problems we went through and then exchange of views and ideas really helps others to understand their own problems and how to over come them and come out successful.

Young Students always need guidance from more experienced students and people from other profession. It is our duty to guide them properly and give suggestions keeping our student life in mind. I, being from a Family of a Teacher, Professor and then the VC of many Universities (I mean my father), know fairly well the problems a student goes through. WNSO is purely a none profit organization which distance itself from politics unlike many south Asian students organization. WNSO is purely information sharing platform where students from around the world will share idea, information and experience to help each other.

What do you think about concept of WNSO? How do you describe in your word?

Dr. Gupta: The concept is great but then I would like more participation from members who are scattered all over the world.

Finally, would you like to say anything to WNSO members?

Dr. Gupta: Congratulations on being a part of such an organization that is non profitable and apolitical, we should try to play a more active role, how this can be achieved is a challenge.

Thank you Dr. Gupta.

Thank you,

Yours,

Administrator

#3 BS

BS

General Secretary - WNSO International Co-ordination Committee

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:43 AM

Thank you Dr. Gupta

#4 narayan_thapa007

narayan_thapa007

Narayan Thapa

• Literature Gurus
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:39 PM

hmmm... than you Dr. Gupta...
I Love Walking In Rain Because Nobody Can See Me Crying!<!--
www.nepalimasala.hereweb.com

#5 rambabu

rambabu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

Thanks Dr Gupta for your support to wnso.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users