27 replies to this topic

#11 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(mild melody @ Jul 21 2005, 11:51 AM)
the best use (too far from misuse) of nuclear power may be for the benefit of world.....can we be albe to use nuclear power so as to speed up or lower down the speed of earth's movement....and take it further away of nearer to the sun as necessary???? unsure.gif

View Post

That's amazing; How can you change the distance of the earth by nuclear power ? I don't think that humankind can change the natural force.

Power (physics) is the amount of work done per unit of time.

as

* Electric power
* Nuclear power
* Solar power
* Wind power
* Wave power
* Tidal power

I doubt that in the next stage if sombody ask If wind power will push the earth further away. Geting back to main did you ask it cause of ongoing wars ??? If you are talking on the laws of physics, powers such as nuclear, wind,solar....or whatever... can vary with intensity, duration, and devastation.

There are two types of nuclear

1. Low yeild nnuclear
2. High yeild nuclear.... If you chose this can really shake the earth but doesn't make any impact on distance.

Nuclear (nuke) does not have instant effect, it goes slowly and kill slowly but physically it is weak.

#12 ashis

ashis

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:50 PM

right
Wichtig ist was der Man tun,nicht wie er Aussieht...

#13 mild melody

mild melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE(Limitation//Moon @ Jul 26 2005, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE(mild melody @ Jul 21 2005, 11:51 AM)
the best use (too far from misuse) of nuclear power may be for the benefit of world.....can we be albe to use nuclear power so as to speed up or lower down the speed of earth's movement....and take it further away of nearer to the sun as necessary???? unsure.gif

View Post

That's amazing; How can you change the distance of the earth by nuclear power ? I don't think that humankind can change the natural force.

Power (physics) is the amount of work done per unit of time.

as

* Electric power
* Nuclear power
* Solar power
* Wind power
* Wave power
* Tidal power

I doubt that in the next stage if sombody ask If wind power will push the earth further away. Geting back to main did you ask it cause of ongoing wars ??? If you are talking on the laws of physics, powers such as nuclear, wind,solar....or whatever... can vary with intensity, duration, and devastation.

There are two types of nuclear

1. Low yeild nnuclear
2. High yeild nuclear.... If you chose this can really shake the earth but doesn't make any impact on distance.

Nuclear (nuke) does not have instant effect, it goes slowly and kill slowly but physically it is weak.

View Post

Hey thanx a lot for sharing...actually i read that in an old book by Corliss Lamont, so thought a lot about it...and then put it into discussion. But i still doubt, can we certainly not do that???

#14 manchilds friend

manchilds friend

Gilgamesh

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:35 PM

why do you want to get closer to the sun?
Father I killed my monkey
I let it out

#15 dream_noon

dream_noon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:33 AM

well in einsteins words nothing is impossible...............the only thing we can do is pray for another einstein in this world ............but somewhere i have have heard that...............god tried few more ......of them..........down on earth .......later he found they end ...........up .........in .............a draunkyard........ cool.gif
its not what u want in life
its knowing how to reach it

its not the goal you set
its what u need to achieve it

its not where u want to go
its knowing how to get there

its not what u dream of doing
its having the knowledge to do it

#16 mild melody

mild melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE(manchilds friend @ Jul 27 2005, 07:35 AM)

View Post

I want to post some segment from the research hypothesis proposed by Professor of Astrophysics Fritz Zwicky.

"Surely the science of distant future will be able to cope with, or even ward off altogether, potential Ice Ages and to overcome the danger of a fatal thinning out in the atmospheric oxygen that is so vital to living forms. Now that scientists have succeeded in unlocking the tremendous energies of the atom, it does not seem impossible that they will eventually gain such control over the sources of heat and energy that even the ultimate and probably inevitable cooling off of the sun will not prove to be a death warrant.
If the sun starts to become either too cold or too hot for the continuation of terrestrial life, one possbile solution will be to utilise nuclear power to speed up or slow down the earth's revolution around the sun, so that our planet goes into a smaller or larger orbit respectively, taking it nearer of farther away from the sun......."

He also proposes the "reconstruction of the planetary system" that would change the "orbits of Mars and Venus so as to bring them into position...more suitable for human needs...Mars further infront from the sun and Venus farther out".......

#17 dusk

dusk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(mild melody @ Jul 28 2005, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE(manchilds friend @ Jul 27 2005, 07:35 AM)

View Post

I want to post some segment from the research hypothesis proposed by Professor of Astrophysics Fritz Zwicky.

"Surely the science of distant future will be able to cope with, or even ward off altogether, potential Ice Ages and to overcome the danger of a fatal thinning out in the atmospheric oxygen that is so vital to living forms. Now that scientists have succeeded in unlocking the tremendous energies of the atom, it does not seem impossible that they will eventually gain such control over the sources of heat and energy that even the ultimate and probably inevitable cooling off of the sun will not prove to be a death warrant.
If the sun starts to become either too cold or too hot for the continuation of terrestrial life, one possbile solution will be to utilise nuclear power to speed up or slow down the earth's revolution around the sun, so that our planet goes into a smaller or larger orbit respectively, taking it nearer of farther away from the sun......."

He also proposes the "reconstruction of the planetary system" that would change the "orbits of Mars and Venus so as to bring them into position...more suitable for human needs...Mars further infront from the sun and Venus farther out".......

View Post

It is not my field of study, but can't we have any other option than this one?
The hypothesis seems brilliant, but i wonder its practical feasibility.

#18 newapasa

newapasa

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:09 AM

QuoteIf the sun starts to become either too cold or too hot for the continuation of terrestrial life, one possbile solution will be to utilise nuclear power to speed up or slow down the earth's revolution around the sun, so that our planet goes into a smaller or larger orbit respectively, taking it nearer of farther away from the sun......."

I think if we use nuclear power to control the distance between sun and earth, there wouldn't be any signs of us human. If there would be*.....the new spices, more developed and well-adopted to that nuclear environment, may take birth and rule over homeosapiens. They might laugh at us pointing us at zoo....."hehe see that creature with 2 hands and 2 legs......even his eyes are just 2 ".....
Thought is free.

#19 mild melody

mild melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:26 AM

I think if we use nuclear power to control the distance between sun and earth, there wouldn't be any signs of us human. If there would be*.....the new spices, more developed and well-adopted to that nuclear environment, may take birth and rule over homeosapiens. They might laugh at us pointing us at zoo....."hehe see that creature with 2 hands and 2 legs......even his eyes are just 2 ".....

yeah...may be something like in Planet of the Apes, but imagine...when modern science is this young.....we have so many things we've develpoed....what miracles can't we expect when the science will be some thousands and lakhs years old.....we have lots of space to be really optimistic, i think.

#20 manchilds friend

manchilds friend

Gilgamesh

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:16 PM

That professor's ideas seem a bit extreme ... something akin to using a sledge hammer to open a nut.

Venus is far hotter than it should be simply because of the tremendous amounts of greenhouse gases in its atmosphere, surely we can do the same to terra-form mars. pump it full of greenhouse gases, let it simmer for a few hundred years and hey presto .. increased global temperature.

Father I killed my monkey
I let it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users