#1 BS

BS

General Secretary - WNSO International Co-ordination Committee

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:52 AM

Dear Firends
Since many of the memebers of this WNSO are living in developing coutries and I understand that you people have access to some online journals which are not accessible to us (people living in Nepal). Therefore, I would like to request you to help me by finding the following articles from the online libraries of your concerned university.

Title: Evaluation of Ecotourism: A Comparative Assessment in the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, Nepal
Authors: Nyaupane, GP; Thapa, B
Journal title: Journal of Ecotourism

Published year: 2004 Volume: 3 and No. 1
Page: 20 - 45

Publisher: CHANNEL VIEW PUBLICATIONS

Please take some trouble in finding this article and send this to me at

benktesh@yahoo.com

Thank you very much !

Benktesh

#2 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:25 AM

http://www.ingenta.c...000001/art00002

This may be what you are looking for.

and you may want to buy it from http://www.ingenta.c...d=1094361896407

Edited by rajunpl, 05 September 2004 - 05:26 AM.

#3 apala

apala

Honourable Member

• Respected Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(benktesh @ Sep 5 2004, 03:52 AM)
Title: Evaluation of Ecotourism: A Comparative Assessment in the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, Nepal
Authors: Nyaupane, GP; Thapa, B
Journal title: Journal of Ecotourism

Published year: 2004 Volume: 3 and No. 1
Page: 20 - 45

Publisher: CHANNEL VIEW PUBLICATIONS

View Post

This will be most useful and helpful link for you to find the Journal of Ecotourism by Nyaupane, GP.
best regards,

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies....remember it!

#4 BS

BS

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:25 AM

Dear Ayesha and Rajunpl
thanks for your response. I was thinking if any of you have access to university LIBRARIES (online) and if you could download the article and send that to me. As currently, I do not have capcity to purchase this article. However, if you any of you are in a university with online library then you could download this paper.

Thanks
benktesh

#5 thirdpole

thirdpole

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:04 AM

There are many uni students here, hope they will help.
-----------------------------------
Dear Che Guevara, world is beautiful with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Evo Morales and many others to follow, including Baburam Bhattrai and Prachanda. I wish you were here.

#6 BS

BS

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(thirdpole @ Sep 5 2004, 09:04 AM)
There are many uni students here, hope they will help.

View Post

YES INDEED. LETS HOPE SOME ENERGETIC FELLOW WOULD SEARCH THEIR ONLINE LIBRARY AND REPLY THIS FORUM WITH SUCCESS

#7 okinawa

okinawa

----

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(benktesh @ Sep 5 2004, 01:52 PM)
Nyaupane, GP and Thapa, B, " Evaluation of Ecotourism: A Comparative Assessment in the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, Nepal", Journal of Ecotourism, 3 (1), 2004, pp: 20 - 45

Benktesh,
I understand your current situation as you r not in Dutch land (i guess), and unable to use the online facility.

Please, help me in narrowing the search.
I usually go for
http://www.sciencedirect.com
and
http://isi4.isiknowl.../portal.cgi/wos
Since, our fields are not matching, though i am trying my best, let me know if any other online link is available related to your area.

Science direct does not have your article.
I am still trying in ISI Web. If any good news, i will knock ur yahoo.

Edited by okinawa, 06 September 2004 - 10:08 AM.

#8 okinawa

okinawa

----

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:16 AM

More,
are the Author(s) name correct?
Is it "Nyaupane, GP" or "Neupane, GP" ??

Edited by okinawa, 06 September 2004 - 10:16 AM.

#9 okinawa

okinawa

----

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:00 AM

Author(s) name are spelled well by you.
---
I have found following from my SEARCH:

Title:
Evaluation of Ecotourism: A Comparative Assessment in the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, Nepal
Author(s): Gyan P. Nyaupane ; Brijesh Thapa
Source: Journal of Ecotourism Volume: 3 Number: 1 Page: 20 -- 45
Publisher: Channel View Publications

Abstract: Ecotourism has become an alternative approach for overcoming the problems of traditional tourism with the assumption that there will be minimum negative impacts and maximum benefits for the local people and their environment. This study offers a comparative evaluation of the perceptions of environmental, economic and socio-cultural impacts between residents of a traditional tourism area and a recently created ecotourism area, both located within the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, Nepal. Data were collected on-site among local residents in both areas. Overall, this study concluded that residents of the ecotourism area perceived fewer negative and positive impacts (environmental, economic, socio-cultural) as a result of tourism than the residents of the traditional tourism area.
Multilingual Matters 2004
Reference Links: 21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The requested document is freely available only to registered users with an online subscription to Journal of Ecotourism

You can purchase this article below (NO NEED as it has recognized my univ.)
If you are a personal subscriber to Journal of Ecotourism, request online access here.

Ingenta Select has recognised your registration(s) as:
University of the "XXXXX My univ. NAME"

However, the above registration(s) do not hold a valid subscription to this title. If you believe your institution should have access please contact your library.
If you have registered to access a personal subscription to this title please enter your username and password. For information on how to register for personal online access to your subscriptions please consult our FAQ.

Username:*
Password:*
=======
Tomorrow, i will go to the librarian and will query about this journal, and try to get password and username. If it is there with them, I will send the pdf file to you. Meanwhile, let us just pray in the name of Krishna (krishna ashtami) and hope for the positive result.

Edited by okinawa, 06 September 2004 - 11:02 AM.

#10 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:04 AM

I think, author name is right.

He should have already googled this and when I went to google for the perfect match i found and pasted the above links.

Google know how much privillage has it provided for http://www.coogle.com.np
user posted image
This one must be the best search for the nepalese.

Unfortunately he sold his notes but not had provided and all the rights are reserved by himself http://www.personal....04/research.htm

However,channel view publication had provided table of contents this way and I assume that's only what you want

which is http://www.ingenta.c...000003/00000001

I am not related student, If I were I could have attached you whole pdf file but I am sure if you were looking for this particular one you definitely need to buy.

You have to, if you want to...for god sake can't you spend $20 for educational purpose?

Bad...bad

Edited by rajunpl, 06 September 2004 - 11:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users