nepali_ma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:33 AM

From Nepal with fear
New Delhi, February 3|00:36 IST

Dear friends and well-wishers,

I am using email after three days, currently under cover in Nepal. As all the telephone lines, Internet and other communication facilities have been cut off, we are experiencing the Stone Age in the 21st century.

This has been a complete hell for journalists. We are not allowed to talk to anyone. Political leaders are either under house arrest or have been detained. There are Armymen patrolling the streets. Even if there is emergency situation in a house, there is no way of communicating with others.

In the eyes of a foreign journalist, everything would seem calm and normal on the streets. But the weight of the undercurrent is unfathomable.

Ours is one of the biggest media houses in Nepal. Since the king addressed the nation on Tuesday morning, dictatorial rule has been imposed on media as well.

The Army officers scan all the contents before it goes to the printing or on air. My hands are shivering while writing this. (Apologies if there are mistakes.)

I won't be able to check emails for the next several days or maybe months. So don't reply.

Our life is in threat and an eerie silence is lingering in every corner of Nepal. Speaking anything against the monarch or the rulers is directly inviting death, or being behind the bars, not less.

I hope my friends outside Nepal help us in this hour of difficulty. Please circulate this email among your friends' circle, and please please please please please try to exert pressure on your Government to bail my country out of the trouble and hardships we are going through.

Thank you.

Regards,

PS: Please do not quote me or use my name in case anyone of you use anything from here.

#2 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:03 AM

We feel very sad to hear that, If a journalist is not given freedom, We will never know the true news. Thank you so much for the information, assuming it's all correct.

In this case, We sure know one of two things will happen, either civil war or Monarchy will be abolished, Why can't hw stay under the parliamentary monarchy. Atleast existence of king will remain.

This is 21st century and, I am sure panchayat system will not work like 35 years ago.

If there is no Freedom to Journalist, no freedom of speech,no civil right, no justice We will not consider that at any stage.

I can live in a heaven, but if there is no freedom and justice I will not call it heaven.

Edited by Negative Phreek, 04 February 2005 - 09:04 AM.

#3 Triene

Triene

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:40 AM

Hmmmm as we all know politics is a dirty game...and whatever has happened by now...i dont think its a surprise. After all we kinda could guess this would come, was just a matter of time. You might feel exhausted...but hey common this game wont last long. But no matter how bad it is for the very moment...i think it was also a good lesson for politicians. Tit for Tat...they were not better either. Now is the time the King has to prove something...if he cant then well...he will have to pay for this too. If he thinks he can get away with all this crap then i can only say he is just a ''Suberb Idiot!!! '' Have some faith....things will calm. Young Neplease guys living abroad are already willing to go there for a change and join politics....at least its a good news that our men have started to think about this, and not only think but are willing to go back. smile.gif I think this was a lesson for everyone.

Peace.

Edited by ScentedSoul, 04 February 2005 - 11:43 AM.

#4 maheshthapa

maheshthapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:15 PM

'peace ' it's nice to hear .
is this possiable in nepal ? yes why not . but those who want to get in power have to be honest and not to be greedy of power.
and till this doesnot proof by doing ,how can we say every one in nepal is honest .
again and again we saw fight for power . king ,politcal parties and moaist are same position in this race .
so how can this possible . and still have to say
"SATI LE SARAPE KO DESH "

#5 Triene

Triene

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(maheshthapa @ Feb 4 2005, 01:15 PM)
'peace ' it's nice to hear .
is this possiable in nepal ? yes why not  . but those who want to get in power have to be honest and not to be  greedy of power.
and till this doesnot proof  by doing ,how can we say every one in nepal is honest . 
again and again we saw  fight for power . king ,politcal parties and moaist are same position in this race .

View Post

Mahesh...i hear you....but please dont forget that...politics will always remain dirty, greedy and everything in between. And also know that its not just in Nepal. Hope for best.

#6 Limitation//Moon

Limitation//Moon

Advanced Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(maheshthapa @ Feb 4 2005, 12:15 PM)
king ,politcal parties and moaist are same position in this race .

View Post

No sir,King is powerful because he has got whole army JUST under him, not for the country. Maoist are powerful cuz int. communist org sush as CCOMPOSA, MIM and RIM are behind them, Who are much less powerful then whole RNA (Royal Nepal Army) . Political parties...they are either haunted by maoist or the conspiracy of king's Army. How come they are in the same position?

That said, Greed is part of politics doesn't mean...you are going to eat the cake before it is baked. The action just has happened is purely immatured, Under no circumstances he will get international support, beside undercover agent such as CIA, and JICP.Thus it is possible.

Now the waorld has changed, You cannot take the power killing or opperssing others,Atleast 50,000 Maoist Army are fighting from the nation inside and over millions and millions Nepalese are watching drama from overseas...

At what condition? (You somewhere! are supporting this minister is eligable and that not? )

undue....

Edited by Negative Phreek, 04 February 2005 - 03:00 PM.

#7 Triene

Triene

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:09 PM

Geeezzz......if wanted the problem could have been solved long time back. And its being such a huge issue for nothing. The fact is someone doesnt want the problem to be solved. I dont wanna judge neither point my finger to anyone at this very point....so lets see what happens. Right now things are happening which is out of our mind. And i think we all are doing the biggest mistake by not being there. Khali hami haru karacham yo bhayena u bhayena bhanera...in the end we are the most cowards to be here...and wait for rest to do.... duhhhh @ us. Lets go back home.....anyone with me? If not then shut your sweet mouth.

Edited by ScentedSoul, 04 February 2005 - 03:17 PM.

#8 soulfly

soulfly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(ScentedSoul @ Feb 4 2005, 08:39 PM)
And i think we all are doing the biggest mistake by not being there. Khali hami haru karacham yo bhayena u bhayena bhanera...in the end we are the most cowards to be here...and wait for rest to do.... duhhhh @ us. Lets go back home.....anyone with me? If not then shut your sweet mouth.

View Post

SS ji i know ur fellings and appreciate it .Ur love towards nation and people... .is nice every one loves their country .U said we have to be there ,i think its not that much easy to go there and fight against them .Just one man can do nothing ..We can just see what happens there and can do nothing from here just pray to god to bring peace as soon as possible . And about shutting mouth ,i dont think so the members of wnso will shut their mouth .Every one is giving their view ,they wanna know what is happening there .They too have have great loves towards nation.

#9 Triene

Triene

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(soulfly @ Feb 4 2005, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE(ScentedSoul @ Feb 4 2005, 08:39 PM)
And i think we all are doing the biggest mistake by not being there. Khali hami haru karacham yo bhayena u bhayena bhanera...in the end we are the most cowards to be here...and wait for rest to do.... duhhhh @ us. Lets go back home.....anyone with me? If not then shut your sweet mouth.

View Post

SS ji i know ur fellings and appreciate it .Ur love towards nation and people... .is nice every one loves their country .U said we have to be there ,i think its not that much easy to go there and fight against them .Just one man can do nothing ..We can just see what happens there and can do nothing from here just pray to god to bring peace as soon as possible . And about shutting mouth ,i dont think so the members of wnso will shut their mouth .Every one is giving their view ,they wanna know what is happening there .They too have have great loves towards nation.

View Post

Oh sir....i also know that a single human being is not capable to fight against the world.....and guess what.....every people i have come to known...i hear this same line. This is what i mean.....what about everyone who thinks one person cannot do...join together and do something. That way only one person doesnt need to do alone hoina ta ? ; ) And about shuting mouth...i didnt say to complete shut their mouth neither it was just meant for members only was talking in general.....its just soemtimes people just keep complaining and dont wanna find a solution. Dont forget where there is will there is way. Bujisyo hazur ? If not pheri bhetaula.

Edited by ScentedSoul, 04 February 2005 - 04:26 PM.

#10 southern

southern

WNSO Soccer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:26 PM

If anyone ask me I wont go nepal beacause i don't know if i will come back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users