Sign in to follow this  
shyamprad

Cloning a HUMAN; good or bad?

The greatest challenge that the scientists of this centuries are feeling is about MAKING HUMAN CLONE. Scientists have already won the game of CLONING by making a clone of SHEEP and other animals. They think now the turn is HUMAN. Cloning a human is, according to them, a victory over centuries dreams. But, many other strongly oppose for this idea of CLONING, stating that at least HUMAN should never be cloned anymore.

Standing in between these contradictory points, which one would you support and why do you think so?

I have different view than both of above. I disagree with the idea of WHOLE HUMAN CLONING, but I prefer to clone some specific parts of human body such as Kidney, heart, liver, bone marrow, certain portion of brain and spinal cord and many others. Because, cloning these organs can be a great contribution for medical science as these organs can be transplanted; and one get new life. Therefore, emphasis should be given for the utility of the cloned organs. If scientists get success on transplant of these cloned organs, there would be a real revolution in the medical science. This is my personal opinion.

What about you? Please, pit your views.

The problem that arises with cloning is the genetic engineering, chosing the best possible genes. Have you seen GATTICA? It's about only best genetic people becoming successful.

Also another problem with cloning is the loss of lives as in embryos, why should people play god and choose which embryo lives and dies.

It's good if stem cells are used for growth of organs because that will definitely aid in shortening the demand in organ supply.

The problem that arises with cloning is the genetic engineering, chosing the best possible genes. Have you seen GATTICA? It's about only best genetic people becoming successful.

Also another problem with cloning is the loss of lives as in embryos, why should people play god and choose which embryo lives and dies.

It's good if stem cells are used for growth of organs because that will definitely aid in shortening the demand in organ supply.

We hear about a lot of news on organ transplantation. A lot of cries of the people suffering from organ failure and begging for some money for organ transplant. Ok, he or she manages the money for organ transplantation, but for how long....? The horrible part is that you should take very expensive immune suppresant drugs for the whole life to sustain that transplanted organs, to stop that from rejection.

The main charm of cloned organ comes here. It will be made from your own cell and your body will receive that organ as its own and no need to take those expensive drugs for the whole life. Isn't that good. Whereas, it is the matter of whole body clonning, I am categorically against that. That is against the nature and the human being will have to pay severely for that activity.

We hear about a lot of news on organ transplantation. A lot of cries of the people suffering from organ failure and begging for some money for organ transplant. Ok, he or she manages the money for organ transplantation, but for how long....? The horrible part is that you should take very expensive immune suppresant drugs for the whole life to sustain that transplanted organs, to stop that from rejection.

The main charm of cloned organ comes here. It will be made from your own cell and your body will receive that organ as its own and no need to take those expensive drugs for the whole life. Isn't that good. Whereas, it is the matter of whole body clonning, I am categorically against that. That is against the nature and the human being will have to pay severely for that activity.

i agree. immunosuppressants in nepal must be so expensive and also the added costs of going to india to actually to do the transplantation. Having living donor kidney transplantations has found to have better outcome compared to deceased donor transplantation, and there is a higher chance of HLA match from living related donors however there is still a risk of rejection. however, to avoid complete rejection of the organ, it's best if the organ is from an identical twin, however that's not possible in most cases. stem cell growth of the organ would be ideal or "cloning of an organ". however, from the growth of dolly the sheep, there were numerous complications found - dolly died a premature death (sheep of her breed live upto 12 years, dolly died after 6 years of lung diease and arthritis), is the world prepared to put humans in such risk?

I agree if it has to do with making organs, but cloning a whole human being is not at all an idea that I entertain. The idea of having a clone is pretty creepy.