22 replies to this topic

#1 SuperGoddess

SuperGoddess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys,
I'd appreciate it if you guys let me know about Australian lifestyle and everything. All about jobs for students, and working hours, and the people there... living expenses..just everything.
I recently got accepted in Australian Catholic University (ACU)...anybody already studying there? Well, if you know anything...can you guys' give me more details about the environment there?
I am applying for visa this week, so I'm gathering all the information that I can get. It'd be great if you guys' help me out!

Regards,
SuperGoddess.
...I don't wanna put on my make-up, just like every girl in the magazine,..That's not who I am when I wake up, that's not who I wanna be...THERE'S SO MUCH MORE TO ME!~

#2 optiplex

optiplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:01 AM

hey i think ace is not a good uni to study. the time table is not good over there and i cant understand what they are teaching about.

life is tough in australia. no time to read and enjoy.

#3 renen

renen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:12 AM

hey guys.............i am coming to Melbourne can you help me get settled...i am looking for a friend or two to stay with there...

#4 Yadav

Yadav

Unifying Nepalese for Better Education

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

Australia not so student-friendly

BY KOSH RAJ KOIRALA

KATHMANDU, June 16 - Are you planning to go to Australia for higher study? And do you also expect to make money while studying in the college of your choice? If yes, it is very important that you have realistic expectations before you actually opt to go to Australia.

In an interview with the Post, Linda Laker, Minister-Counsellor for Education, Employment and Workplace Relation of Australian Educational International (AEI), said job market in Australia is very competent and students opting for part time job with no prior work experiences will have to end up attending interviews for months, yet with no guarantee of employment.

Of the 450,000 international students enrolled in about 1,400 academic institutions last year, the number of Nepali students alone stood at about 7,000. The growing attraction of young students from different parts of the world to Australia for higher studies has made job opportunities there very competitive -- and scarce -- in recent years.

Even if one is lucky enough to get a job, there are laws that do not allow students to work for more than 20 hours a week and students also have to abide by other requirements of Immigration Department. "If they can afford to study in Australia only by working 100 hours a week then I would say they cannot afford to come to Australia," said Laker, who was on a short visit to Nepal from Delhi-based Australian High Commission. "It is not in their interest or ours if they come to Australia and can't afford to live."

Just a few weeks ago, local authorities in Victoria shad raided a house where dozens of Nepali students were living in 'not acceptable' condition. "We are very much concerned about stories that Nepali students or any other international student for that matter living in accommodation, which we would feel not acceptable for students," she said.

"It is very important that students understand the costs involved before they come to Australia."

According to statistics of AEI, Nepal currently stands in the 11th position in terms of number of students studying in Australia. Most Nepali students reaching Australia are found to have opted for Hospitality, Tourism, Information Technology, Nursing, Community Service and Business Studies.

Apart from the consideration of earning while studying, there are also encouragements for some students to get permanent residence and eventually stay in Australia. "There is nothing wrong in students choosing that as an option," said Laker, adding: "But from our point of view, we firstly want students because they have to study, not for other reasons."

She also said the Australian Government prefers that students studying in Australia either come back to their home country or go to third country for work.

Source:ekantipur.com
Posted on: 2008-06-15 20:24:52 (Server Time)

#5 kslsanjeeb9

kslsanjeeb9

Honourable Member

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Yadav @ Jun 16 2008, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Australia not so student-friendly

BY KOSH RAJ KOIRALA

KATHMANDU, June 16 - Are you planning to go to Australia for higher study? And do you also expect to make money while studying in the college of your choice? If yes, it is very important that you have realistic expectations before you actually opt to go to Australia.

In an interview with the Post, Linda Laker, Minister-Counsellor for Education, Employment and Workplace Relation of Australian Educational International (AEI), said job market in Australia is very competent and students opting for part time job with no prior work experiences will have to end up attending interviews for months, yet with no guarantee of employment.

Of the 450,000 international students enrolled in about 1,400 academic institutions last year, the number of Nepali students alone stood at about 7,000. The growing attraction of young students from different parts of the world to Australia for higher studies has made job opportunities there very competitive -- and scarce -- in recent years.

Even if one is lucky enough to get a job, there are laws that do not allow students to work for more than 20 hours a week and students also have to abide by other requirements of Immigration Department. "If they can afford to study in Australia only by working 100 hours a week then I would say they cannot afford to come to Australia," said Laker, who was on a short visit to Nepal from Delhi-based Australian High Commission. "It is not in their interest or ours if they come to Australia and can't afford to live."

Just a few weeks ago, local authorities in Victoria shad raided a house where dozens of Nepali students were living in 'not acceptable' condition. "We are very much concerned about stories that Nepali students or any other international student for that matter living in accommodation, which we would feel not acceptable for students," she said.

"It is very important that students understand the costs involved before they come to Australia."

According to statistics of AEI, Nepal currently stands in the 11th position in terms of number of students studying in Australia. Most Nepali students reaching Australia are found to have opted for Hospitality, Tourism, Information Technology, Nursing, Community Service and Business Studies.

Apart from the consideration of earning while studying, there are also encouragements for some students to get permanent residence and eventually stay in Australia. "There is nothing wrong in students choosing that as an option," said Laker, adding: "But from our point of view, we firstly want students because they have to study, not for other reasons."

She also said the Australian Government prefers that students studying in Australia either come back to their home country or go to third country for work.

Source:ekantipur.com
Posted on: 2008-06-15 20:24:52 (Server Time)

so sad for nepali students !!
Management is Art & Science of Getting Law as Results , this process results in Sanjibalisation .

#6 Yadav

Yadav

Unifying Nepalese for Better Education

• National Committee
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:44 AM

Nepali Students Chautari Forum > Your control panel > Inbox > Re:that' the true story

Welcome to your messenger
Re:that' the true story
Personal Message
kool

Junior Newbie
Group: Members
Member No.: 6351

Thanks for your messge too again and the article is really true and it is true that job finding and accomodation is the vital problem for the students in australia.And if the student luckly find the job like me it is abit easy but not enough so in my experience before u try to go abroad for study at first u should have the knowledge abt the condition abt the ccollege and the sudens studying there and the condition of there for job accomodation and every thing.
So studens should know that they can afford for the college fee or not if they cannot find the job and the educational consultancy in nepal also should give the every information abt the country and the fees conditons so that it would be easier for the students.
For nepalese students it would be better to enroll in cheap college than the expensive one so it wil be easy to pay them fees if they find job in 1,2 months also. and life in ausralia is very hard coz no one is ready to help each other every one looks for their benefit so it is very difficult to nepalese students. so thts all my experience up to now rest in future byeeeeeee

Kool Thapa
Sydney

#7 rdman

rdman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:28 AM

What kool bhai is getting problem in Australia.. Hope that he has to manage .... plus he needs more support from WNSO memebrs and all students..

#8 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

Life anywhere, in foreign land will be difficult. There is nothing sure that You get job once u land on any country. Immigration, work permit and cost differ in different country. so, please make all the informations clear and make a rational decision in life. We should stop thinking that foreign land is heaven. It is a misconception and foreign land can turn out to be hell.
Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Thieves are rampant everywhere
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,
Life and death are stolen
Alas! What can you expect from others,
When God himself is a thief?
In "Indra Jatra" by Dinesh Adhikary, Sajha Prakashan, 2051 B.S

#9 dipeshmnm

dipeshmnm

http://nepaleseteacher.org/

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:21 AM

It can be hell and it can be heaven. Prime thing is u have to analyse the situation!

#10 kool

kool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (rdman @ Jun 20 2008, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What kool bhai is getting problem in Australia.. Hope that he has to manage .... plus he needs more support from WNSO memebrs and all students..

hey who r u i m not is problem in australia i am enjyoing my life in here and thats all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users