14 replies to this topic

#11 yogesh

yogesh

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Lalupate @ Jul 27 2007, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I found here is: all are right in thier own opinion.

Kintu ek laghu sanka chha yogesh Biradar. Tippani yas parkar chha ki....saying COURT Marriage and advicing to go to CDO office...Does it makes any sense? I saw under your name that you are from School of Law. You might have a good knowledge on this that I sure. Please, explain that what is court marriage?

If we have to go CDO office for court marriage then what's the use of COURT? As far as I know, court marriges can be done only at court or a lawyer or an advocate's office. Am I right here? This is all in one line that what I know about COURT MARRIAGE.

Otherwise, to see an interesting views of our friends, we better to name it CDO marriage instead of COURT marriage.

Hi lalupate,

CDO office in Nepal is a "Quasi-Judicial" body which has some of the power of the court. A lot of disputes can be heard at CDO office. When it does a judicial function, it is a court, when it performs an administrative function, it is an adminitrative office. That is why it is called Court Marriage.
Moreoveer, the word "Court" refers to every forum where disputes are adjudicated irrelevant to nature of dispute. In marriage, if any third party have any objection, it will be discussed, investigated and resoled in CDO office at first instance. That is why it is Court. More later on when I will have more time. Thnaks
God is that indefinable something which we all feel but which we do not know. To me God is Truth and Love, ethics and morality. Even the atheism of the atheist is god. From Gandhi Speaks.

#12 apala

apala

Honourable Member

• Respected Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

Naam chahi court marriage tara central distric office ma gayera garne prachalan dherai purano ho. Bhai bhardar haru bich mai gopya rakhne tara Kanooni tarikale bibah garne chalan ho yo ra yo 2007 saal aghi dekhi nai suru ho. Tara ahile CDO Office janu parchha tyo kura satya ho. Bhannu parda, naam matrai feriyo tara tarika feriyena. Desh le dherai anuhar feryo tara swarth le bhane eutai anuhar banai rakhyo.

Nepal ma central district office ma gayera bibaah garnulai pani court marriage bhaninchha ra ahile pani tyasaika adharma gariraheka chhan BUT in real sense, that is not called court marriage. There are many people in Nepal who have had done directly through by court.

A good discussion shows a way to better things, so cheers friends!
best regards,

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies....remember it!

#13 Attariyalese

Attariyalese

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(yogesh @ Jul 27 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CDO office in Nepal is a "Quasi-Judicial" body which has some of the power of the court. A lot of disputes can be heard at CDO office. When it does a judicial function, it is a court, when it performs an administrative function, it is an adminitrative office. That is why it is called Court Marriage.
Moreoveer, the word "Court" refers to every forum where disputes are adjudicated irrelevant to nature of dispute. In marriage, if any third party have any objection, it will be discussed, investigated and resoled in CDO office at first instance. That is why it is Court. More later on when I will have more time. Thnaks

Got it, thanks yogesh Sir !!
Maile chaahee sidhai court baaTa aaphno case solve gare, in 1994. CDO office ko sallaah ta arule diekaa thie tara court marriage bhane pachhe court baTa nai hunu parchha bhanne mero sochaaee thiyo ra ahile panee chha..as well. Court ko power CDO office sanga chha bhanne kuraa thaah thiena.

DO NOT SAY GOOD BYE TO EACH OTHER...

Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.

#14 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(Attariyalese @ Jul 28 2007, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(yogesh @ Jul 27 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got it, thanks yogesh Sir !!
Maile chaahee sidhai court baaTa aaphno case solve gare, in 1994. CDO office ko sallaah ta arule diekaa thie tara court marriage bhane pachhe court baTa nai hunu parchha bhanne mero sochaaee thiyo ra ahile panee chha..as well. Court ko power CDO office sanga chha bhanne kuraa thaah thiena.

Yes, some of the powers to adjudicate has been given to CDO. So, it is quasi-judicial Organ. we have very old Act called "Muluki Ain", can be called national Code. It gives some of the powers to CDO to hear the cases and decide. Some of the examples of powers that have been given to CDOs are:
A. To hear the theft case of below Rs. 500/-
B. To hear the cases related to weight and measures/-
C. To hear the cases of slaughtering female animal (Bakhri, pathhi etc.)

These are just some examples, For more, You need to refer to Muluki Ain.
And for those, who do not know full form of CDO is Chief of District Officer and nor Central District office.

CDO is Nepal Government's First Class gazetted Officer of Administrative Branch (Saha-Sachiv) in tarai Districts (jhapa, Morang, sinsari, saptari, Siraha, sarlahi, Mahottari, Dhanusha, bara, Parsa, Rautahat etc etc where assistant CDO will be IInd Class gazetted Officer of Administrative Branch (Upa-sachiv)) and in Mountains and undeveloped region CDO will be Upa-sachiv and sahayak CDO will be Sakhja Adikrit (IIIrd Class Gazetted officer). This is a general convention developed by Practice.

Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Thieves are rampant everywhere
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,
Life and death are stolen
Alas! What can you expect from others,
When God himself is a thief?
In "Indra Jatra" by Dinesh Adhikary, Sajha Prakashan, 2051 B.S

#15 rema

rema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:33 AM

Hey guys,
Whats up?

Is court marriage so common among the Nepalese citizens in Nepal? I think, if two Nepalese citizens want to register their marriage, they have to go to the Panjidhikari's Office at the Kathmandu Metropolitian City Office. You have to fill up a form and attach a copy of your citizenship certificate. It will be better if you grab a certificate from the ward office.
Thats what my sister did last year.

I went there as a witness, but that was not required at all.

Cheers,

Rema

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users