Sign in to follow this  
Nightmare

MBBS in China

Dear all the WNSO members,

Namaskar and warm welcome to this topic...

Recently the incoming students for MBBS in China are increasing dramatically. The MBBS course being quite economic in china compared to other countries, most of the students exhausted trying for scholarships in different country including Nepal are flowing like a blind wave to China disregarding the complete and closure look to the quality of education in China. Besides the critics regarding the educational system of China , students are very much vulnerable to the unwanted and undesired change , that may extremely hamper the study; its outcome directly reflected by the failure of students in Nepal including the failure rate in Nepal Medical Council(NMC) exams in past few years.

The culprit of the attractions laid by China to the MBBS students are although variable can be enlisted as

1. Students neednot to sort through any kind of entrance exams excluding other scholar for Beijing , Shanghai , Quangzhou and other Scholarship colleges.

2. The colleges are cheaper than in other countries.

3. Colleges admission procedure are very much feasible regarding the previous certificates and irrelative to the quality of certificates , weather the certificate is duplicate or original . Even studetnts from different faculties other than Science are also admitted to Chinese colleges for MBBS.

These are very few reasons why studetnts are closing up to China day by day . the exam system the educaion quality are even deteriorating for students who merely can ever fail .With these and other causes Students are increasing day to day .

Guardians are blindly supporting the education system without entirely knowing how education quality is in China and how students are passing off days . Although these critics may not include for all those good studetnts who are quite laborous making best out by themselves but almost all of the students who are here in China for MBBS are no way in quality comparable to those students who are reading in Nepal , other south Asian and other western countries.

So, only certificate is not everything for a future doctor who is supposed to give regular exams infront of the patients . What counts a doctor is quality of education , practice and the usefulness to the society . Recent dreadful production of doctors compromised in quality is really a challenging stigma that everyone should now concentrate .

So every guardians and all the cognized persons should be well informed about this malformation and maldevelopment of the MBBS quality and should be concious before sending their sons and daughters to China . Instead of giving them a certificate of doctor try to give them the quality of doctor .

With this I would like to recommend all the readers of this topic please do take personally informations about China and the recent outcome of Chinese doctors.

I would like to see the replies by all the visitors of this topic.

Guardians are blindly supporting the education system without entirely knowing how education quality is in China and how students are passing off days . Although these critics may not include for all those good studetnts who are quite laborous making best out by themselves but almost all of the students who are here in China for MBBS are no way in quality comparable to those students who are reading in Nepal , other south Asian and other western countries.

Yeh well said fren,and thaks for the information ,and what u wrote i too found many truth .Nowadays mostly many colleges and universities are just run for the business purpose .They look for money rather then the quality of education .Not only in china but at the most countries colleges education is not of good quality then of nepal .Like in cyprus ,the quality of here i found worse then in nepal.And many students are coming here for further study not only students but wanted guys (involved in crime)who are not related to study are here in student visa .Many do not have their original certificates ,this shows that colleges here are run for only business purposes .So how can they give qualitative education to students ? coz they need only money nothing else .So as nightmare said better prefar quality education rather then certificates only.

Dear Soulfly

thanks for the reply you have made , you are absolutely right , they are for business purposes than quality purposes ,

Now there has been a fashion of many Nepalese going abroad (Cyprus)

I dont know till how long these fashion would continue , this should be strongly scrutinized by Nepalese Guardians...

Dear Soulfly

thanks for the reply you have made , you are absolutely right , they are for business purposes than quality purposes ,

Now there has been a fashion of many Nepalese going abroad (Cyprus)

I dont know till how long these fashion would continue , this should be strongly scrutinized by Nepalese Guardians...

64772[/snapback]

This fashion will continue unless there will be somebody to stop it. It's unfortunate to see that our media sectors support the gimmicks made by the educational institutes without knowing the truth. We cannot believe on them as well. It's been written in Nepalese newspaper that work permit is now allowed in Cyprus.This is completely surprising news for us,the nepalese in Cyprus. Educational consultancies is batting on the future of nepalese students.Shame on them.

WNSO,somehow is capable of providing true news and appropriate suggestions to the students about their destination.As Nightmare has written about the condition of China and we,cyprusguys have written about the condition of cyprus,I request all other members to inform about their areas for the welfare of nepalese students.In this way,we can stop such activity at some extent.

Yes really this is fashion yar ,and i have heard that many of them are still coming .And many friends whom i have told about here ,they too have applied i cant beleive yar .And i have heard that there is many false news posted at newspapers such as about the work permit and the fees too .Yes Nepalese Guardians should be aware of it and the guys and girls too which are so eager to come cyprus.No one is to believe in us and what we said ,love united and dave too has already mentioned but aslo..............

Yes really this is fashion yar ,and i have heard that many of them are still coming .And many friends whom i have told about here ,they too have applied i cant beleive yar .And i have heard that there is many false news posted at newspapers such as about the work permit and the fees too .Yes Nepalese Guardians should be aware of it and the guys and girls too which are so eager to come cyprus.No one is to believe in us and what we said ,love united and dave too has already mentioned but aslo..............

64778[/snapback]

Media sector is very powerful, my dear!!!It enforces you on believing those things which maynot exist. I have also heard that many new students are lured towards Cyprus due to the false gimmicks made in Nepalese newspaper. Any fortunate one who might be reading this post,please make things clear before you come to Cyprus.If you talk about the education quality,it sucks.Your hard labour costs nothing if you are not the favourite of your teacher. It's good to do chaplusi instead of whole night study in order to get good marks in the exam.And what about working visa?Who knows???

Dear Bipin

As one of x-MBBS graduate of China, I would like to comment on some of the things you have mentioned above. It is absolutely true that Nepalese are blindly going for MBBS course without proper knowledge about academic system. But regarding the quality of medical education of People Republic of China, I will say it is one of the best in world. With my experince in China, Nepal, Europe, UK, I will say in terms of academic structure it is no less than any developed country. If you see yourself, you will find that most of Chinese classmate are very good in their study and in term of knowldge they learn from the same institute, they are far better than you. Every rules and regulations have holes and we, Nepalese, always tend to find this hole and get away with it. The reason Chinese authority being more flexible towards foreign student is merely with the consideration that some linguistic problem can be obstable for the student despite their deep knowlege in field. But Nepalese student on the other hand using this excuse tend to take advenatage of systmem.

What is most lacking is not the quality control, rather self consciousness among Nepalese student. Why they want to study medicine and what they aim to achieve with their training. One of very basic thing is to learn Chinese language properly and interact with Chinese people.Taking history from patient is first thing your learn in clinical medicine, its a art which can not be achieved without good command of langauge. But those student in so called English medium University, thinks that they don't need to learn Chinese langauge at all. What is even funny is everyone in west are so intersted in learning Chinese culture, language and history and they travel across continent to go china,but nepalese student in china despite of being in China, doesn't understand the importance of Chinese language and culture.

Without any shame, Nepalese there, try to ridiculate chinese students or chinese people using words like BHOTE, PAKHE. Just because you speak better English then them, you tend to think that you are better than any of them.

In the west, USA alone, more 40% of scientist are China graduate.If chinese education is so bad, how could this be possible. With my disticntion and reccomendation from my professor, I have been offer several PhD scholaship all over the world. Many consultant has invited me to join their department.

So it is not education system that is lacking quality, but it is self motivation, self respect, enthusiasm that is lacking in Nepalese student studying in China.

I wish you and all your collegeues all the best and suggest you to take advantage of what you have got, rather than blaming the system, ridiculating chinese friends.Learn how to work hard with Chinese people.If you work hard and get good distinction, your future is bright as chinese graduate.

Good luck.

What is most lacking is not the quality control, rather self consciousness among Nepalese student. Why they want to study medicine and what they aim to achieve with their training. One of very basic thing is to learn Chinese language properly and interact with Chinese people.Taking history from patient is first thing your learn in clinical medicine, its a art which can not be achieved without good command of langauge. But those student in so called English medium University, thinks that they don't need to learn Chinese langauge at all. What is even funny is everyone in west are so intersted in learning Chinese culture, language and history and they travel across continent to go china,but nepalese student in china despite of being in China, doesn't understand the importance of Chinese language and culture.

i really dont like to agree what u mention out here. I am a MBBS student studying in China in english medium and me too i do somewhat know the conditions and attitude of the students studying here in China.

Why would students even think that they dont need to study chinese language when they should appear the chinese language exams otherwise known as the HSK (u know better than me)..........

Those crazy westerners wanna study chinese so what? they are seeing china improve rapidly and wishing to be a part of it one day they do study that language. its like the tak pare tiwari natragotame thing". its not necessary for us to learn chinese when we are not working or living in china after we finish our studies and besides that we are gonna do our electives back in Nepal so i dont think learning or not learning chinese language matters a lot here..........

and besides that westerners in china are not studying medicine. i dont think u can find any westerners in china studying medicine unless he is a retard orfroma very low standard family.......they basically study chinese language so that they cand o business, they study telecommunications, engineering and so on but not medicine........

Sameer.........

PS: nice to know that a graduate from china is so reputed. Knowing this starts growing some new feelings in my mind...

its outcome directly reflected by the failure of students in Nepal including the failure rate in Nepal Medical Council(NMC) exams in past few years.

the failure of the students in NMC depends upon the quality of the students and not the educational system. There are several students passing NMC as well....

The culprit of the attractions laid by China to the MBBS students are although variable can be enlisted as

1. Students neednot to sort through any kind of entrance exams excluding other scholar for Beijing , Shanghai , Quangzhou and other Scholarship colleges.

2. The colleges are cheaper than in other countries.

3. Colleges admission procedure are very much feasible regarding the previous certificates and irrelative to the quality of certificates , weather the certificate is duplicate or original . Even studetnts from different faculties other than Science are also admitted to Chinese colleges for MBBS

ya but that particular thing has made my dream come true so has yours. What happens to those hundreds of students of Nepal wishing to studying medicine and do better in the future. Its not necessary that students go bad after they go to China, haina ra?

about that certificate thing, it hampers the students after all not the working system neither the education system. if u wanna lie someone about ur educational background then who will hire u when u becoem a doctor. let them do their way and u do ur way and see which one becomes good....

Sameer...........

almost all of the students who are here in China for MBBS are no way in quality comparable to those students who are reading in Nepal , other south Asian and other western countries.

not necessarily.....see let me make u clear about one thing. Remember ur friends in Nepal during college who were poor in studies than u but were rich....they are studying in Nepal, India or some other south asian countries. So i dont think they will be ever better than u who dont even know where "femur" lies after they have finished their anatomy.

Sameer.........