Sign in to follow this  
Deven

Do we make a press release against the royal move?

Although non-political org, we are bound to object against an unconstitutional act. Should we condemn this royal move? If yes, in what scale? A press release?

Please leave your feedback.

Regards,

Deven

I think we can. But not blaming anyone, just as normal as possible, for example;

WNSO is concenred about Democracy in Nepal and would demand for restoration of Democracy in the Kingdom without delay.

Something like that, you know I am not good for such writing.

I think we can.  But not blaming anyone, just as normal as possible, for example;

WNSO is concenred about Democracy in Nepal and would demand for restoration of Democracy in the Kingdom without  delay.

66122[/snapback]

I agree with Bharat Jee. will should at least have some comment. By the way, what about taking a view of our Patron via e-mail. His view is once aired by BBC on that day but i missed that.

In my opinion, we should comment this from the perspective of student's problem because of that move rather than political. Let us think about this.

so yogesh ji,

can you please draft one then. and also contact the patron.

deven

I think we can.  But not blaming anyone, just as normal as possible, for example;

WNSO is concenred about Democracy in Nepal and would demand for restoration of Democracy in the Kingdom without  delay.

66122[/snapback]

I agree with Bharat Jee. will should at least have some comment. By the way, what about taking a view of our Patron via e-mail. His view is once aired by BBC on that day but i missed that.

In my opinion, we should comment this from the perspective of student's problem because of that move rather than political. Let us think about this.

66130[/snapback]

I am juggled with lots of problem. No problem for Tomorrow. If it is ok for you. I will send you an e-mail tomorrow after having contact with Prof. Subedi.

so yogesh ji,

can you please draft one then. and also contact the patron.

deven

66122[/snapback]

66130[/snapback]

66132[/snapback]

66130[/snapback]

i agree with that, being a student organization, we should show our concern only to the academic field.

I just got press release claimed to be from some of the nepalese students from Germany. It is in English, German and Nepali. Below is copy for information;

----------------------------------------------------

Press Statement

(In English version )

In contrast to the norm of the Nepalese constitutional monarchy system, king Gynendra of Nepal has declared a state of emergency after dismissing his government and assuming direct powers.

Moreover, all public telephone lines and internet links have been cut, all political leaders have been put under house arrest and many basic rights have been suspended, including freedom of assembly, the right to privacy and the right against preventative detention. At this condition, around 50 Nepalese students studying in Germany arranged a meeting on 02-02.2005, discussed about the present situation and condemned the illegal and unconstitutional action of the king. All of us students who participated in the assembly to discuss the present situation in Nepal, strongly demand for the reactivation of human rights and political rights of Nepalese people, and release of the arrested political leaders. We want to draw attention of the international world towards Nepal and inform them that king Gynendra of Nepal is trying to take the country and the future of the Nepalese people back to the Dark Ages. Similarly, as Nepal's media have been subjected to total censorship, as part of emergency measures announced by King Gyanendra, we would like to request the international news media to help Nepalese people by publishing current news more effectively. Also we want to thank you for publishing the Nepalese news till now.

Thank you

From the side of all the students,

Who attended the discussion

Name: Nab Raj Roshyara

Technical university of Chemnitz

Germany

Date:03.02.2005

(In Nepali version; kantipur font)

Kf|]z la1KtL

Gf]kfnsf] ;+Da}wfgLs /fhtGqfTds k|0ffnLsf] efjgf / dd{ lakl/t /fhf 1fGf]Gb|n] /fHo;Qfsf] ;Dk'0f{ clwsf/ cfkmgf] xftdf lnO{ cfd ;~rf/sf ;'ljwfx? 6]lnkmf]g, OG6/g]6 ;'ljwfx? AfGb u/fPsf], ;+s6sfnsf] 3f]if0ff ul/ /fhg}lts kf6L{sf g]tfx?nfO{ gh/ aGbdf /fv]sf] / hgtfsf ;a} df}lns clwsf/x? x/0f ul/ b]zleq ;ef / e]nf ug{df ;d]t aGb]h nufPkl5sf] cj:yfdf b]zsf ;r]t gful/s ePsf gftfn] g]kfn aflx/ hd{gL df cWoog ul//x]sf xfdL laBfyL{x? s;l/ r'k nfu]/ a:g ;Syof+} /[v+nf cfkm} z'? u/]sf /fhf 1fg]Gb|sf] pSt b':;ffxzLs sbdsf] 3f]/ eT;{gf ub}{ cfh hd{gLdf cWoog/t sl/j %) hgf g]kfnL laBfyL{x?sf] Ps e]nf lxhf] ldlt (02-02-2005) df ;DkGg ePsf] 5.

Ef]nfdf ;xeflu ePsf xfdL ;Dk'0f{ laBfyL{x? clxn] /fhfaf6 xgg ePsf ;Dk'0f{ clwsf/x?sf] k'gj{fxnL /fhg}lts g]tfx?sf] l/xf, ;+rf/df nfu]sf] k|ltaGw v'nf ug{sf nfuL hf]8bf/ dfu ub{5f} ;fy} g]kfndf zfxLz]gfsf] andf k|]zdf ;d]t s8f ;]G;/lzk nflu/x]sf] a]nfdf g]kfnsf] of] cToGt} si6s/ cj:yfsf af/]df ;Dk'0f{ cGt/fli6|o hutsf] Wofgsif{0f u/fpg rfxG5f}+ / cGt/fli6|o ;+rf/dfWodx?nfO{ g]kfn ;DalGw tYok/s ;dfrf/x? cem al9 k|efjsf/L 9+uaf6 k|;f/0f ul/lbg cg'/f]w ug{ rfxG5f}+ .;fy} clxn];Dd oxf“sf] klqsf dfk{mt ;Dk|]z0f ePsf g]kfn ;DaflGw ;dfrfsf] nflu xflb{s wGojfb lbg rfxG5f}+ .

XfbL{s clejfbg ;lxt

Ef]nfdf ePsf ;xeflux?sf] tkm{jf6

Gfa/fh /f]ohmy.giff/f

(Nab Raj Roshyara

Technical university of Chemnitz

Germany)

Date: 03.02.2005