Sign in to follow this  
mild melody

LOVE??!! are you joking???

I think the drama will speak for itself, or at least the narrator will speak on its behalf...so i have nothing in particular to tell about it......

LOVE??!! are you joking??

Cast

Narrator: Carries the play, speaks as Man and Woman act out Narrator's words. Should speak in a conversational tone the whole time, engaging, moves around the stage a lot and interacts with the other characters.

Man, Woman: both young, both act out the Narrator's storytelling, are dramatic and open with their emotions and actions.

Setting

A Man and a Woman on stage, shopping among bookshelves. Occasionally they glance at each other but don't speak. Narrator walks on stage.

Narrator: Once upon a time, a man and a woman met at a book store.

(Man and Woman look at each other and smile shyly.)

Narrator: The two eyed the same book, however, the woman got to it first and bought the last copy.

(Man sighs. Woman notices)

Narrator: She noticed his disappointment and appreciating his love of her favorite author, she gave him the book.

Woman: Here, you can have my copy.

Man: (surprised, grateful) Thanks.

Narrator: He invited her out for coffee, and the pair discovered they had much more in common.

(As Narrator speaks, Man and Woman walk across stage and sit at table with 2 coffee cups.)

Man: I thought I was the only one who liked hazelnut cappuccinos!

Woman: Me too! Hey, what's your favorite movie?

Man: I tell everyone that it's "The Matrix", but really-

Both: It's "Serendipity". (Both blush and smile)

Narrator: They continued to talk, finishing each other's sentences. (Man and Woman ad-lib a few lines) They soon realized their compatibility went much deeper than books and movies.

(Man and Woman get up, slowly walk across stage as Narrator continues)

Narrator: The man walked the woman to her apartment as she silently guided the way.

(Man and Woman stop, hold hands)

Narrator: When they arrived, the pair kissed, and from that moment on, an unspoken bond was created between the two.

(Scene change: two apartments, one has a couch)

Narrator: He visited her apartment and fixed her broken things...

(man works at sink while woman watches)

Narrator: ...She came to his apartment and fixed his favorite meals...

(woman stirs pot, man tries to taste but woman shoos him away.)

Narrator: and often, they would switch.

(Woman works at sink, man offers her food from pot)

Narrator: The couple went out almost every day...

(pair grab coats, Man hugs Woman, spinning her in the air. Both dance together around the stage as narrator says next lines)

Narrator: ...planning perfect outings and romantic times that fulfilled their expectations and their fantasies , all without saying a word. In fact, the pair hadn't spoken since they first met, but apparently, they didn't need to.

(.....more on the next post)

(couple separate to opposite sides of the stage)

Narrator: They told their friends about the sheer perfection of their relationship.

Woman:(sitting on chair, talking into a phone) It doesn't matter! We love the same things, we identify with each other's feelings so well...(giggles happily) I don't need to tell him my problems, some how, he already knows! You don't understand, this feels so right... we're soulmates... this is love!

Man: (on couch, talking on phone) You don't get it. She is perfect! She goes where I want, she cooks what I want, she does what I want...we never argue. Everything I like to do, she loves to do it to too! And somehow, she still give me space when I need it, and I don't even have to tell her to...I am really lucky to have even found her.

Narrator: Their friends were skeptical.

(Man and Woman hang up phones, shaking their heads)

Narrator: But to the couple, it didn't matter what other people said.... they were happy.

( as Narrator speaks, Both stand up and walk towards center stage, Man holds Woman close, at the end of Narrator's line they kiss)

Narrator: When he felt the time was right, the man got a ring (narrator hands him ring) and proposed.

(Man proposes, Woman accepts happily. They both sit on the couch with bowl of popcorn )

Narrator: One day, while watching a movie they had wordlessly picked, the woman was so overcome by the wonder of their perfect relationship, she couldn't help but speak..

Woman: (smiles) So, this is love...

(Man looks at her, surprised)

Narrator: He had forgotten what her voice sounded like.

Man: No, this is convenience.

Woman: (scoots away from him) Excuse me?

Man: I provide you what you need, you provide me what I need, all without saying a word. (Grins) I'm about to marry the perfect woman.

Woman: Because...you love me.

Man: No... not really...it's because you're perfect! You're like my dream wife, not speaking, not arguing, not asking me about my "feelings", not saying a word. Not because you're angry, but because you don't have to! If you call that love, then yeah, that's why I want to marry you.

Woman: (stands up) I can't believe what I'm hearing. What about that mystical connection between us? The way you can tell if I've had a bad day at work, and, uh, you can comfort me without saying anything at all? (Man stares at her) Well, what about all the times I've been really stressed, and you do just the right thing to take my mind off...(pleading) and, you know, we like the same things, and we love spending time together... Isn't that love?

Man: (stands, shakes head) Meeting each other's needs... that's love. That fact that we always know what the other wants just makes it easier.

Woman: (in disbelief, frustrated) So what if one day I couldn't meet each and every one of your needs?

Man: Well, if that ever happened, the love would be gone. We'd have several options, but I'd go for divorce.

Woman: What?

Man: Well, of course. We would need to be free to find someone who could meet our needs better. Although, I must say, (compassionate, looks into her eyes) I have never met anyone else as right for me as you and I don't think I ever will.

Woman: Get away from me.

(Both continue to argue. Narrator returns to center stage)

Narrator: (over arguing) I suppose the moral of this story is: Don't speak of love to the one you're with until you know what love is...

(Woman throws ring at Man, both leave stage angry)

Narrator:...or better yet, don't speak at all.

END

One woman came to me and she said, "For ten years I have been married to a person and we never quarreled. And now suddenly, what happened? He has left me."

Now, she thinks that if they never quarreled it shows they were in deep love. This is foolish -- but this is Aristotelian; the woman is absolutely logical.

She said, "For ten years we have been married. We never quarreled, we were never angry at each other." She is saying, "We were in such deep love that we never fought about anything. There was not even a single moment of conflict. And now, what happened? Suddenly he has left me! Has he gone mad? Our love was so deep." She is wrong.

If love is deep then there is bound to be some quarrel. Sometimes you will fight. And the fight is not going to break the love, it enriches it. If love is there, it will be enriched by fighting; if love is not there, then you part, you separate. Ten years is a long time -- even twenty-four hours is too long to be constantly in one state of mind, because mind moves to the opposite.

You love a person; sometimes you feel angry. Really, you feel angry only because you love.

Sometimes you hate! Sometimes you would like to sacrifice yourself for your lover, and sometimes you would like to kill the lover. And both are you.

If you never quarreled for ten years, it means there was no love at all. It means it was not a relationship. And you were so afraid that any anger, any conflict, any slight thing could break down the whole thing. You were so afraid you never quarreled. You never believed that the love could go deeper than the quarrel, that the quarrel would be momentary and after the quarrel you would fall into each other's arms more deeply. No, you never trusted that. That's why you managed not to fight. And this is not something to be surprised about, that the man has left. I said, "I am surprised that he remained with you for ten years. Why?"

If you never quarreled for ten years, it means there was no love at all. It means it was not a relationship.

Newapasa is going to be another writer of WNSO for sure, well presented......

and newapasa...see how well you are writing. smile.gif

If you never quarreled for ten years, it means there was no love at all. It means it was not a relationship.

74570[/snapback]

Goshh....I wish I could write like that. Thanks for words brah....but that was not my creation....what I did is just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

Prasanga Sapecha ma aaune bha bhayera .....put that one.

Edited by newapasa

74570[/snapback]

Goshh....I wish I could write like that. Thanks for words brah....but that was not my creation....what I did is just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

Prasanga Sapecha ma aaune bha bhayera .....put that one.

74580[/snapback]

New Papsa,Please write a bit long.You are the next star.

New Papsa,Please write a bit long.You are the next star.

yeah, peraphs, a bit longer and your own creation will make you the next star. smile.gif