Sign in to follow this  
palxeno

IT Law in Nepal.

Hey guys,

i just wondering about the IT Law of Nepal. Afterall, we are in touch with IT industry directly or indirectly, but we never try to know about the legal procedures and their applications in the senario of Nepal's IT. In my knowledge i heard that there is no perticular or (in other words) any major Law built for IT so far..... may be my memory need to be updated. Recent new IT Law update posts would be most welcomed on this section...............For eg. like software Piracy , cyber crime, child sex etc.

Hey guys,

i just wondering about the IT Law of Nepal. Afterall, we are in touch with IT industry directly or indirectly, but we never try to know about the legal procedures and their applications in the senario of Nepal's IT. In my knowledge i heard that there is no perticular or (in other words) any major Law built for IT so far..... may be my memory need to be updated. Recent new IT Law update posts would be most welcomed on this section...............For eg. like software Piracy , cyber crime, child sex etc.

Its because the government doesnt care about the IT indstry. And the main thing the sansads and the minister dont know anything about computer and never used it.

Hey guys,

Its because the government doesnt care about the IT indstry. And the main thing the sansads and the minister dont know anything about computer and never used it.

Nepal Government : Information Technology Policy, 2057 (2000)

Vision:

To place Nepal on the Global map of Information Technology within the next five years.

Background:

As a developing country, Nepal has availed of the opportunity to rapidly develop various sectors such as education, health, agriculture, tourism, trade, among others, using information technology. The extensive application of this technology will engender economic consolidation, development of democratic norms and values, proportional distribution of economic resources and means and enhancement of public awareness, thereby raising living standards and, most importantly, contribute significantly to poverty alleviation. The establishment of a vibrant information technology will mitigate some of the disadvantages Nepal faces on account of its geographical conditions. In the coming years, globally, there will be a significant difference between the economic conditions of countries with developed information technology and that of countries lagging behind in this field. The persistence of such disparities between countries will be difficult to accept even by the developed countries. It is very possible that the international community will extend its support to developing countries in the development of information technology. Such assistance will certainly be significant for the national development of a least developed country like Nepal. Hence, an information technology policy is required to develop information technology in the shortest time possible for the sake of the national economy.

Objectives:

a) To make Information Technology accessible to the general public and increase employment through this means.

B) To build a knowledge-based society.

c) To establish knowledge-based industries.

Click here to Download IT Policy 2000.

Downloads / Resources (Information Technology )

Hey guys,

Nepal Government : Cyber Law

Click here to download