• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 humla

humla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:49 PM

hi, time passes so easily. its been 7 years I have left Nepal... finally this summer me and my girl fren (swedish) are coming to nepal to work with development organisations as our internship to finish our masters in development studies..

since its been a long time i left nepal and also i am not originally from ktm, i wud like to ask a few questions, and wud be very happy to get the answers by the frens frm wnso nepal specially, and even others who has idea....

* how much wud be monthly rent; considering a semi-luxurious full furnished 1 bed room flat/apartment somewhere not very far from the central kathmandu?

* how much is the monthly fuel charges (average) if i intend to buy a motorbike(i definately need one biggrin.gif )

* how expensive are meals these days, in mid class restaurants ( eg,bakery cafe)?

thanking you

#2 :KauKuti:

:KauKuti:

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

* how much wud be monthly rent; considering a semi-luxurious full furnished 1 bed room flat/apartment somewhere not very far from the central kathmandu?
--> You will not find any furnished flat/apartment here. You have to furnish it yourself. Monthly rent for a flat having 1/2 bedroom, one living room, one kitchen bathroom is not more than NRs. 10,000(Ten thousand Rupees) per month. But you have to be lucky to find such flat, I mean it is hard to find such flats.

* how much is the monthly fuel charges (average) if i intend to buy a motorbike(i definately need one )
--> Fuel charge deepends on :
a) Which bike you will take ( you will find bike that gives you 60km/ltr to 25-30km/ltr)
cool.gif What distance you travel per month? (Petrol here is 67.5 Rs per ltr) now calculate monthly price urself.

* how expensive are meals these days, in mid class restaurants ( eg,bakery cafe)?
--> It costs Rs. 150-200 for a breakfast, 150-200 for lunch and 150-200 for dinner in such restaurants. If you go with drinks for a bottle of beer you have to pay around Rs. 200 in restaurant and Rs 130 in shops.

thanking you

#3 b-mal

b-mal

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

if u are staying in sweden for years of history.. then don't worry the world is cheaper much more outside europe...so u will enjoy the time... so i really reocmmend u not to worry abojut it... and go to nepal safe.. best of luck.......
There was a blind boy, He Hated Every One Except his GF, He said "i will marry u when i could c u",Eventually someone donated eyes to him,When he could c!he was shocked to c that his GF is also blind, D girl asked Will u marry me now? He refused, The girl went away forever sayin

Just Take care of My eyes...

"The essence of Love, NEVER SAY DIE"

#4 humla

humla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(:KauKuti: @ Mar 25 2007, 07:42 AM) View Post
--> You will not find any furnished flat/apartment here. You have to furnish it yourself. Monthly rent for a flat having 1/2 bedroom, one living room, one kitchen bathroom is not more than NRs. 10,000(Ten thousand Rupees) per month. But you have to be lucky to find such flat, I mean it is hard to find such flats.
thanking you

thank you very much kaukuti for the detailed information. So, as yu say its hard to get such a flat; do you know any real estate that deals with rentals in ktm?

#5 thirdpole

thirdpole

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

Kaukuti's information is detailed. It is depend on how much you want to spend and where do you want to live also matter.

like b-mail said, since you are living in Europe, don't worry about anything. Nepal is way cheaper than anywhere in the world. one night's bead & breakfast in europe can cost about 30 (minimum), while with almost same mount, you can live in five star hotel in Nepal (if you bargain). So, relax.....stop worrying, start dreaming.
-----------------------------------
Dear Che Guevara, world is beautiful with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Evo Morales and many others to follow, including Baburam Bhattrai and Prachanda. I wish you were here.

#6 humla

humla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(thirdpole @ Mar 27 2007, 12:59 PM) View Post
Nepal is way cheaper than anywhere in the world. one night's bead & breakfast in europe can cost about 30 (minimum), while with almost same mount, you can live in five star hotel in Nepal (if you bargain). So, relax.....stop worrying, start dreaming.

Thirdpole, thats very true, but still i was earning, studying and living for myself when i am here. and remember i am going to nepal for 9 months and I will be living(spending) there without working (without getting paid i mean).
i am not worried but just trying to be little organised, not to panic later as I have to provide with this information to my girl as well... sad.gif

#7 thirdpole

thirdpole

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(humla @ Mar 27 2007, 04:23 PM) View Post
Thirdpole, thats very true, but still i was earning, studying and living for myself when i am here. and remember i am going to nepal for 9 months and I will be living(spending) there without working (without getting paid i mean).
i am not worried but just trying to be little organised, not to panic later as I have to provide with this information to my girl as well... sad.gif

Good management. 9 months is very long, so yes, need to organise well if you are not getting money there.

Good Luck mate. hope to see you here around even once you go to Nepal.
-----------------------------------
Dear Che Guevara, world is beautiful with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Evo Morales and many others to follow, including Baburam Bhattrai and Prachanda. I wish you were here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users