55 replies to this topic

#11 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

Thanx for your posts frens. At the beginning, I was discouraged to see the lack of active participation in WNSO and this thread. Now, I am happy to see you people contributing a lot.

Ok, As said by Chamatkari Baba, India has a hope of winning this world cup. They have won the last two series played against Srilanka and the host of world cup, West Indies. However, it should be kept in mind that India had a home advantage. West Indies wickets are helpful to the fast bowlers and that's the area which the Indian squad lacks the skills since ages. The right thing India cud have at the moment is strong lineup and the inform batsmen and bowlers. All the top order batsmen (except Sehwag, who has yet to prove his form after injury) are playing well, especially Ganguly seems to be in blazing form. The new bowler Shreesanth seems to be a new weapon in the armour, which can demolish any team when time comes. But, India should be psychologically fit to play in the different condition than they have played in the last couple of months.

Nepali_ma gave a good description about the Pakistanin squad. I personally believe that Pakistani team is a great fighter. Each of the players can act as a match winner. A bunch of wonderful allrounders led by batting power house Inzamam Ul Haq, this team can make a history. What is bothering me in a lineup is a lack of great fast bowlers. Shoaib Akhtar can't be a consistent player for the team, as the injury hits him in every second match. Umar Gul and Naved Ul Hassan, though are regular players for the team..but I am not much hopeful on them. I think Mohammad Sami cud have been key player. I am sorry to see that he cud not make to the final 15. Spin department is in the hand of Kaneria...and as Inzi said, he cud make a difference.

Dear frens, bring more interesting items which can make the topics hot and interesting.
For latest views and analysis on cricket, Visit: http://www.cosmiccricket.com

#12 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

Now regarding India, I think India wins but it does not matter much even if India loses in semifinal with some strong team but I wish it reaches to final. I really want to see good perfomance by Sachin Tendulkar, Much neglected but now, Hero Saurav Ganguly, and MS Dhoni. I want Agarkar to take some wickets. If these players do well, It makes worthwhile for me to watch the match.

Another point, For me the best batsman in this world is Sachin Tendulkar and I wish to see at least 5 Centuries in this WC(much expectation huh!) plus in blowers Agarkar, Flintoff, and Bond from New Zeland. I really do not like Australia, coz of their Egomania. I wish Bangladesh to win some matches. plus I forgot to mention Brian Lara, Sanath Jayasurya plus Inzamam coz this will be their last world cup, so, let them go home with a century each.
Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Thieves are rampant everywhere
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,
Life and death are stolen
Alas! What can you expect from others,
When God himself is a thief?
In "Indra Jatra" by Dinesh Adhikary, Sajha Prakashan, 2051 B.S

#13 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

My favourite team for this world cup will be England. However, I don't see too much chance for it at the moment, but I think this is the team to check out in the tournament. After winning CB series beating the mighty Australians, the team moral should be high. This is the team with most of the young players...which can be both advantage and disadvantage for it. The advantage is that the team will generate a killer instinct through the young blood and will never give up till the last ball. The disadvantage is that the team players are missing the experience which is required to win the big tournament like the world cup. I think the absense of Marcus Trescothick in the opening position will affect the team composition. However, the comeback of Michael Vaughan will help in boosting up the team's moral.

My best batsman will be, Sachin Tendulkar. He always proves to be the best batsman in the world cup matches. He is always a different player during the world cup...playing more sensibly and with responsiblity. At the moment, though not as firy as before, he is still in a great form. I love the way he select the technique to play each and every ball. He is great to watch when he is in full flow.

The best bowler for me could have been Brett Lee, but I heard that he missed the world cup becoz' of the injury. Bad luck for him. Shane Bond of New Zealand is my second choice. I dunno why, but his record( though very short) is very impressive for me...especially he had made enough trouble to the Australian team. So, he is my man to watch in the world cup.

#14 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

India won last two series not just because of Home advantage. Yo can see that India had lost Champions Trophy. It is because when CT was played, there was no good form of players and now they have recovered. The Order of Indian Players in ideal situation should be like this:
1. Ganguly and 2. Uthappa as openers
3. Shewag
4. Sachin
5. Dravid
6. Yuvaraj
7. Dhoni/ in exception Karthik
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Agarkar/Munaf
10. Pathan/Shrisanth
11. Harbhajan/Kumble
Nos. 8, 9, 10 and 11 will bowl 40 overs and Sachin, Ganguly and Shewag can bowl rest of the spell. But I have good hope on Tendulkar as a bowler.

Now, I am going to start a quiz here. Each member will try to answer the earlier one and ask another question related to the Cricket? okay. Let me see the response. The first questions goes like this:
In how many World Cup Mohammad Azaharuddin captained Indian side ?
Give a try.
Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,

#15 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(chamatkaribaba @ Feb 26 2007, 10:23 PM) View Post
Now regarding India, I think India wins but it does not matter much even if India loses in semifinal with some strong team but I wish it reaches to final. I really want to see good perfomance by Sachin Tendulkar, Much neglected but now, Hero Saurav Ganguly, and MS Dhoni. I want Agarkar to take some wickets. If these players do well, It makes worthwhile for me to watch the match.

Another point, For me the best batsman in this world is Sachin Tendulkar and I wish to see at least 5 Centuries in this WC(much expectation huh!) plus in blowers Agarkar, Flintoff, and Bond from New Zeland. I really do not like Australia, coz of their Egomania. I wish Bangladesh to win some matches. plus I forgot to mention Brian Lara, Sanath Jayasurya plus Inzamam coz this will be their last world cup, so, let them go home with a century each.

Sachin is my best batsman as well. It is him who teaches me batting and I have been playing cricket under his inspiration ( though I have never played a serious match). It's good to read the name of Shane Bond from Chamatkari Baba. That means I am not the only man who has expectation with him. He is indeed a very good player. I like Ajit Agarkar because he never stop being attacking though many times he becomes expensive. But who cares if you are taking wickets. Ajit's presence in the team will be a key decision in the team's bowling lineup.

#16 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(chamatkaribaba @ Feb 26 2007, 10:34 PM) View Post
India won last two series not just because of Home advantage. Yo can see that India had lost Champions Trophy. It is because when CT was played, there was no good form of players and now they have recovered. The Order of Indian Players in ideal situation should be like this:
3. Shewag
4. Sachin
5. Dravid
6. Yuvaraj
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Agarkar/Munaf
10. Pathan/Shrisanth
11. Harbhajan/Kumble
Nos. 8, 9, 10 and 11 will bowl 40 overs and Sachin, Ganguly and Shewag can bowl rest of the spell. But I have good hope on Tendulkar as a bowler.

Now, I am going to start a quiz here. Each member will try to answer the earlier one and ask another question related to the Cricket? okay. Let me see the response. The first questions goes like this:
Give a try.

Great Idea!! About this quiz stuff!!! At first, I wud like to say to Chamatkari Baba that I don mean to give credit to home advantage to diminish India's wonderful performance in the last two series. But the fact is that it wud be completely different condition in West Indies where batting won't be very easy. I think India should have a couple of quick practice matches in the world cup to adapt itself in the new environment. But there musn't be a problem as the initial qualification round is pretty easy and the team will be ready to face the other professional team in the super 8. The batting line up seems to be impressive however, I prefer Sehwag to open the inning. Dhoni should replace Kartik when it comes to wicketkeeping. He is a better batsman. All the other players are good. India has selected a promising team this time.

About the quiz, I think Mohammad Ajharuddin has captained the side in 3 world cups, 1992, 1996 and 1999.

How many times England won a world cup?

Edited by love_united, 26 February 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#17 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(love_united @ Feb 26 2007, 04:48 PM) View Post
QUOTE(chamatkaribaba @ Feb 26 2007, 10:34 PM) View Post
3. Shewag
4. Sachin
5. Dravid
6. Yuvaraj
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Agarkar/Munaf
10. Pathan/Shrisanth
11. Harbhajan/Kumble

Give a try.

Great Idea!! About this quiz stuff!!! At first, I wud like to say to Chamatkari Baba that I don mean to give credit to home advantage to diminish India's wonderful performance in the last two series. But the fact is that it wud be completely different condition in West Indies where batting won't be very easy. I think India should have a couple of quick practice matches in the world cup to adapt itself in the new environment. But there musn't be a problem as the initial qualification round is pretty easy and the team will be ready to face the other professional team in the super 8. The batting line up seems to be impressive however, I prefer Sehwag to open the inning. Dhoni should replace Kartik when it comes to wicketkeeping. He is a better batsman. All the other players are good. India has selected a promising team this time.

About the quiz, I think Mohammad Ajharuddin has captained the side in 3 world cups, 1992, 1996 and 1999.

okay, you have given a correct answer but where is the question for me? You were supposed to ask a question man. I hope you will soon ask to me as well.
Yes, I agree what u are saying about pitches in WI. Still, where I am focussing is ganguly, Dravid, Sachin and Yubaraj plus Dhoni(I do not have much hope on Shewag) should be able to stabalise the team's performance. And yes, i was not telling that India has been underestimated, of course, they also have drawback and It's disappointing to see Pathan and Kumble Struggling now.
What about England? I think Monty Panesar is there. Hope that he does well.

Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,

#18 love_united

love_united

United

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

I have added a question in my last post.

I have no much information about Monty Penesar as I have never watched him in action. But I have heard many things about him through media. If you talk about the spin department, I wanna see how Muralitharan will play in WI wickets. There is very little talk about this man, it seems he is not in great form. Ricky Ponting is another man to watch...my god, how many centuries he made last year?

#19 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

My try to the answer is England has reached the final three times but has never won it.
question for you.............
who was the first victim of Monty panesar in International Cricket? (the first wicket, may be test, or ODI)
Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,

#20 chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba

ICC Member

• ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

You answer this question now. I will see u only tomorrow. leave the problem for us here.
Before signing off from here: Muralitharan is not in that bad form. Yes, he can rock Plus I hate Ponting, no doubt he is one of the best/may be THE BEST..............but I want him to be duck out in all the matches. I hate Aussies............I sound like racist but I am sorry.
Keep on creating heat here if you have time. I am gonna c u tomorrow in the same time.
Bye
Theft!
Theft!
And Theft!
No one is safe anywhere,
Light is stolen,
Dreams are stolen,
Faith is stolen,
Mud is stolen,
Love is stolen,