Sign in to follow this  
Baglunge Lad

Teaching English

Hi

I am Purna from Baglung. Now i am dooing my MA in English at University of Lincoln.

I am interested in teaching English. I am sure wheather i will get teaching job or not.

i am just looking for some practicle suggestions..

Thanks

Hi Purna,

I am geographically nearer to you. means there is canhce we can meet at some point.

I also wish you all the best o finding the job. But to be honest, finding a job to teach English here could be really challenging. They normally go for native speaker. I do not want to discourage you. Anthing possible, but I think the best idea is to start teaching English from Some other Country when you finish your MA.

If you want to do here, After your MA, I would probably enrol for PCHE (Post Graduate Certificate for Higher Education) which is teaching qualification for Universities. That might help but should do some research.

The best way to find out is to apply and go for interview. That will give some idea.

Hi purna ji

Its nice to Know that you have completed your masters in English.Do you want to teach in US only or outside US. or in Nepal.

If you want to teach in Nepal it is not dificult to get placed for candidates like you. Let me be clear the your selection of location. stayin in Nepal also you can earn better. In cureent Batches there are more than 1600 students in Enlish in TU only. You will even initiate your career immediately for Students of Masters as well> In case of earnig that is very nice in Nepal for English Teacher for Hiher education ( graduarte and Post Graduate)...c

More i woukd like to request lets us avail the materials about literary study. We are planning to run a subject considering the english students and hope that pperson like you will help to promopte the mission. There by it will be easy for Nepalese students to be updated with literary materials. There by possibly we will be publishing Englidh Journals together.

So please reply me with some oideas on above topic.

we are soon going to add literay and Englidh Studies as a different main topic in Chautari, I have talked to admin of chautari and he is agree to and help to publish journal as well. So please reply me......hoping youe kind support...

AAunus Milera kehi garau......

Thank You

Rajesh Ji, What u are thinking is a good approach. I am with you to help u-at least in updating forum with some materials after it is launched as a different section. I am not an English expert and even not educationist. So, I am unable to say you what should be the course of study but I hope that more learned people come forward for this.

Wish you all the best!

Hi chamatkari baba ji

Thanks for your support,

Literature is such type of subject which enrolls every aspect like , history , psychology, law, and all other global issues and materials. So literarture is not autonomus in itself rather it flourish on the base of other particular generes. But difference is that what impact is thrown by those particular event in its contemporeneity becomes subject of interest there.

Simply "literature is mirror of society" so it covers up whole issues from the origin of human being to the imagination in infinity for the future too.

So hope, intellectuals like you, too, support us and we will be together to publish and to do something excellent.

The best way to start with teaching english in my opinion if you are residing in the US is to go down south and find some jobs (which are very easy to get), have a experience of TESOL for a couple months(crap pay, but you will have a wonderful time) , then come back to US and find a decent job (it is if you wanna come back to US). As Yogesh has suggested, doing a PG is absolute plus.