• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maheshthapa

maheshthapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:03 AM

4 Aug 1914, England had declared war with germany . For war they need more troops . so they call the troops from their colonies .Main time India was biggest colonies of England.At the outbreak of the First World War the whole of the Nepalese Army was placed at the disposal of the British Crown. Over 16,000 Nepalese Troops were subsequently deployed on operations on the North West Frontier and as Garrison Battalions in India to replace troops of the British Indian Army who had gone to fight overseas.Text

2 oct, 9 British officer ,19 indian officer 806 soldier and 57 othere reach in ieper . Some of them were from grokha rifles . Onder lahor division soldiers from 1st GR and 4Th GR came first time in ieper in command of major general J.M ****er .

Records shows that 1stGR,2nd GR,3rdGR,4th GR,9th GR,10th GR,Barma militery police , King Edward own GR, Queen Alxgandra own GR were here .

How many soldiers of GR were here was unknown.The record doesn’t show how many members of gorkha rifles were here in ieper, but we can see some of the name who died during that war .

want to know more detail. so log on....;
http://www.gorkharifles.zoomshare.com
with some photos

#2 dave

dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:49 AM

WOW MAHESH G.....THAT'S THE REAL MATTER. WHILE ON TALKING ABOUT THE GURKHAS AND NEPALI HISTORY, WE SHOULDN'T FORGET THE BRAVENESS OF THE GURKHAS. DUE TO THEIR BRAVENESS, IT HAS AWARDED 13 VOCTORIA CROSS TO THE GIRKHAS. OUT OF THESE 13 VC HOLDERS, THERE ARE 4 STILL SURVIVING. MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE VC HOLDERS:
CLICK THE LINK:::::http://www.nepalesekhukuri.com/vcs.html
THANKS. dry.gif

Edited by dave, 22 November 2004 - 10:50 AM.

If I had magic wand, I would let the world to **** my **** without being on ******

#3 Lalupate

Lalupate

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(maheshthapa @ Nov 22 2004, 09:03 AM)
Records shows that 1stGR,2nd GR,3rdGR,4th GR,9th GR,10th GR,Barma militery police , King Edward own GR, Queen Alxgandra own GR were here .

How many soldiers of GR were here was unknown.The record doesn’t show how many members of gorkha rifles were here in ieper, but we can see some of the name who died during that war .

All of them were been called Lahure. And current Gurkha soldiers also called Laure. By the way, what is this Lahure? Or why Gurkha soldiers called, calling Lahure?

Please! have your look here too; http://chautari.wnso...?showtopic=6849

maheshthapa Biradar, very good thread and I appreciate it. Welcome to chautari.
Life has meaning only in the struggle. Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods. So let us celebrate the struggle!

#4 suhani

suhani

• 99 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:31 AM

11 GR also was there. The main role of 1st world war in France was by 11 GR, I think.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

#5 dipeshmnm

dipeshmnm

http://nepaleseteacher.org/

• National Committee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:23 AM

CHOD DEU war ko kura... gorkha ma nai security chaina ke europe ma security and some sort of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#6 santos

santos

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(dipeshmnm @ Nov 23 2004, 10:23 AM)
CHOD DEU war ko kura... gorkha ma nai security chaina ke europe ma security and some sort of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

View Post

So true!!!! I agree completely with you.
We'll have to learn in the present for the future, not get lost in the past.

#7 chautari

chautari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:30 PM

4 Aug 1914, England had declared war with germany . For war they need more troops . so they call the troops from their colonies .Main time India was biggest colonies of England.At the outbreak of the First World War the whole of the Nepalese Army was placed at the disposal of the British Crown. Over 16,000 Nepalese Troops were subsequently deployed on operations on the North West Frontier and as Garrison Battalions in India to replace troops of the British Indian Army who had gone to fight overseas.Text

2 oct, 9 British officer ,19 indian officer 806 soldier and 57 othere reach in ieper . Some of them were from grokha rifles . Onder lahor division soldiers from 1st GR and 4Th GR came first time in ieper in command of major general J.M ****er .

want to know more detail. so log on....;
http://www.gorkharifles.zoomshare.com
with some photos

View Post

good stuff's maheshthapa!appreciated the site.the picture brings the memory when i was actually there and payed tributes to the brave gurkhas!it was really nice to b there.
The WORLD belongs to the RISK taker! love chautari[/i][/color]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users