Jump to content


Assistantship in horticulture

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BS


    General Secretary - WNSO International Co-ordination Committee

  • ICC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:23 AM

The Department of Horticulture, Forestry, and Recreation Resources at Kansas State University is seeking qualified and motivated individuals interested in obtaining a M.S. or Ph.D. in Horticulture for two graduate assistant positions. A graduate teaching assistant position is available and involves instruction of labs associated with an introductory course in Horticultural Science. The student is also responsible to conduct thesis research required for completing the degree program. Areas of possible research for these positions include human issues in horticulture, stress physiology, nutritional physiology, woody plant transformation, turfgrass science, food crops, and applied aspects in greenhouse and nursery management, and landscape design. Annual stipend is competitive with subsidized tuition (tuition waiver for graduate teaching assistant) and health care coverage. The assistantship is available beginning spring semester 2005. Applicants should send a cover letter detailing interests and experience along with application materials to Dr. C. B. Rajashekar, 2021 Throckmorton Hall, Dept. HFRR, KSU, Manhattan, KS 66506-5506; telephone 785-532-1427, fax 785-532-6949, email: crajashe@oznet.ksu.edu. Additional information on the graduate program and application forms can be obtained by visiting www.ksu.edu/grad/hfrr.htm and www.ksu.edu/grad/ .


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users