5 replies to this topic

#1 lucifer

lucifer

born to raise hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

Since the topic suggests, Enrolment/Visa/Vacation, I want to go little off today. Just want to forget about Enrolment and Visa and talk about Vacation. Heard and researched a lot about Monaco and was kinda thinking my next vacation destination will be there. No matter how much research I do, it is always good to hear from people who has already been there. First hand experience is more visible than words in books and web pages phrased by some professionals. So, if any of you have been to Monaco and feel like sharing, I'd appreciate you jottin 2 lines. Will help me as well as other friends who are havin hard time finding a vacation spot. thank you in advance:)

~peace~
A full blooded Gorkhe ain't gonna care bout no spelling & grammers

#2 MohanTara

MohanTara

Honourable Member

• 866 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:19 AM

Bro, can't be much of a help,
sorry never been there b4..sad.gif

Without Faith,Nothing's Possible
With It,Nothing's Impossible!!

#3 wynk

wynk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:14 PM

If you can splurge, the Monte Carlo Beach Hotel in Monaco is incredible. For the discerning gentleman, I suggest a wrapper from a 'Royale with cheese' from the McDonald's in Monaco. : ) Eat French Bread!!! It is the most delicious bread there. The smell alone is better than the finest freebase...

France is also home (as is most of western Europe) to many fine local cheeses (as well as wine, natch) and these go brilliantly with their bread. Go to Stars and Bars - its a bar on the harbour and you might spot a racing driver or some other tax exile. Watch out for the Russian Mafia. : )

I got to stay during a conference in Monaco at the Marriott at Cap d'ail... across the street, practically was Monaco, which was nice. Every morning we crossed a border into another country. (well sort of. Monaco is a principality, but it may as well just be France). We had a rental and drove to Italy one day, but the traffic was horrific. Very much fun though, and you should see "never say never again", which was partially filmed in Menton, a town between Monaco & Italy.

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

#4 lucifer

lucifer

born to raise hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:27 PM

Merci beaucoup, madame!! Learning a little french since I'll be heading that side. I can picture the things that you are saying in my head. I bet it will be onr fun trip for me. I was planning to go to italy too. Damn, I can go to both the places in one trip. Now I'm really excited. suggest a wrapper from a 'Royale with cheese' from the McDonald's in Monaco. : )
suggest a wrapper from a 'Royale with cheese' from the McDonald's in Monaco. : )

Now you have told me, how can I miss that, madam.smile.gif leme know if you have another confrence anytime soon, will try to aggange accordingly. Its always good to have a guide, you see!!

#5 Avi Dada

Avi Dada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(lucifer @ Nov 27 2005, 04:33 PM) View Post

Since the topic suggests, Enrolment/Visa/Vacation, I want to go little off today. Just want to forget about Enrolment and Visa and talk about Vacation. Heard and researched a lot about Monaco and was kinda thinking my next vacation destination will be there. No matter how much research I do, it is always good to hear from people who has already been there. First hand experience is more visible than words in books and web pages phrased by some professionals. So, if any of you have been to Monaco and feel like sharing, I'd appreciate you jottin 2 lines. Will help me as well as other friends who are havin hard time finding a vacation spot. thank you in advance:)

~peace~

from my point of view, it not a country . it is a small city and you even do not need 1 day to visit all of it. I recomend you to go there in summer although there are lot of turist on that time.

#6 lucifer

lucifer

born to raise hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

Avi Dada
Thanks for your recommendation!! I'll keep that in mind.

By the way welcome to WNSO!! I bet you'll enjoy this flight...

~peace~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users