4 replies to this topic

#1 Triene

Triene

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:01 PM

Okay...I've been doing this in a deliberate, manual fashion which is taking way too long. I know someone with more than a week or two of learning Flash under the gun will have a better way of doing this. Here's the scenario:

I have a training demo. One layer is a Rewind button, to go back one step. One step can be anywhere from 1 to 200 frames. I can, and have been marking said frames with keyframes, which has been necessary because of the stupid way I'm doing it (ie looking at the frame number I need to go back to, and assigning a gotoandplay to that button instance. Repeat 30 times per movie. Kill self).

Here's what I bet can be done: Can a button, on a layer, with any number of keyframes, be told to jump BACK to the latest keyframe on its own layer? Not based on a number mind you, just the fact that a keyframe exists before any given point? What would that code look like?

Thanks so much, you're helping me save lives here, literally. : )

#2 l33t

l33t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hmmm I don't think you can go back by keyframe BUT if you used labels and just did a goto(framelabel) or somesuch (my AS is rusty) it'd work. smile.gif

#3 MohanTara

MohanTara

Honourable Member

• 866 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:42 PM

Hi ScentedSoul,
I don't really get ur question plus
it's been few years ever since i have done a disk cleanup 2 my brain.. biggrin.gif
but y don't u check out this website,
Click Me
else if,it still doesn't help,
then pm me. tongue.gif

Edited by MohanTara, 25 February 2005 - 03:44 PM.

Without Faith,Nothing's Possible
With It,Nothing's Impossible!!

#4 Triene

Triene

Honourable Member

• WNSO Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:17 PM

Tara sis what would i do without you hehe.

kukuk ciao. : )

#5 mathgirl1010

mathgirl1010

On the road again...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(MatrixRose @ Feb 21 2005, 02:01 PM)

I have a training demo. One layer is a Rewind button, to go back one step. One step can be anywhere from 1 to 200 frames. I can, and have been marking said frames with keyframes, which has been necessary because of the stupid way I'm doing it (ie looking at the frame number I need to go back to, and assigning a gotoandplay to that button instance. Repeat 30 times per movie. Kill self).

Thanks so much, you're helping me save lives here, literally. : )

View Post

How many frames are you using ? You If you can provide me your demo links, I will send you code.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users