Sign in to follow this  
NPaudel

Yes I pray the cows and monkeys

Now in Arabia , it is the Holy Month of Ramadan. Muslim brothers,sisters and friends are fasting. Quite a few times I was asked by some of my friends why I do not fast? Its "haram" not to fast and those who commit haram are "haramis". I told them that I am a Hindu and yes we too do fasting but not on this time of the year.

Sometimes I have to tolerate derogatory remarks that I belong to the same religion who pray cows and monkeys.

I told one of them that YES I belong to the religion in which cows,monkeys,trees,fish,snakes and all the living being as well as the non living things like rivers,montains,sky,earth,sun,moon and the whole nature and universe are prayed. In our view, prayer is a form of communication and in prayer we make request.

One day in a year we pray to snakes, one day we pray the dog, one day we pray to cow, we pray to montain(Govardan parbat). In our prayer we thank them for sharing the world with us. We request them to keep on living with us in the world and keep on making the world a beautiful place to live merely by their existence. We tell them that the world would be an ugly place if they were not there. We pray because we think that we should be able to pray to those also who are physically and mentally inferior to us. Merely because they are less strong then us doesn't mean that they deserve to be treated cruely. Merely because they are not as clever as us doesn't mean that they are less dignified then us. Merely because they can't invent atom bomb to destroy the earth doesn't mean that they don't deserve respect. We not only pray to some supernatural highly powerful being called god because of the fear that he might bring misfortune to us if we don't pray to him. But along with the Powerful god we pray to the powerless creatures of the universe also. We respect them all and we thank them all.

To us prayer is not something done to a stronger supernatural being,out of fear of being punished, to us prayer is the expression of our love for the incapable because we think that the so called incapables are actually contributing more to the nature than us.

In Gita, Shree Krishna told that those who don't respect the religion and beliefs of others, can't respect me. Our god himself was a simple shepard. We can pray to king and we can pray to a Shepard. This is us & this is our religion. We respect the muslims, the christians and all the other religions also as much as w e respect Hindu religion. We don't thrust, we don't force our beliefs on you. You are free to fast in Ramadan but you shouldn't force others to fast. We pray to all the human beings to coexist peacefully and in harmony with each other and in harmony with the mother Nature. No country in the world is a Hindu country today, this is an example of the liberal nature of us. We don't believe in seggregation, we don't believe in separation, we believe in unity. We believe in winning the hate by love.

This is the philosophy behind praying the cows and the monkeys, which unfortunately even most of the Hindus don't know today.

Now in Arabia , it is the Holy Month of Ramadan. Muslim brothers,sisters and friends are fasting. Quite a few times I was asked by some of my friends why I do not fast? Its "haram" not to fast and those who commit haram are "haramis". I told them that I am a Hindu and yes we too do fasting but not on this time of the year.

Sometimes I have to tolerate derogatory remarks that I belong to the same religion who pray cows and monkeys.

I told one of them that YES I belong to the religion in which cows,monkeys,trees,fish,snakes and all the living being as well as the non living things like rivers,montains,sky,earth,sun,moon and the whole nature and universe are prayed. In our view, prayer is a form of communication and in prayer we make request.

One day in a year we pray to snakes, one day we pray the dog, one day we pray to cow, we pray to montain(Govardan parbat). In our prayer we thank them for sharing the world with us. We request them to keep on living with us in the world and keep on making the world a beautiful place to live merely by their existence. We tell them that the world would be an ugly place if they were not there. We pray because we think that we should be able to pray to those also who are physically and mentally inferior to us. Merely because they are less strong then us doesn't mean that they deserve to be treated cruely. Merely because they are not as clever as us doesn't mean that they are less dignified then us. Merely because they can't invent atom bomb to destroy the earth doesn't mean that they don't deserve respect. We not only pray to some supernatural highly powerful being called god because of the fear that he might bring misfortune to us if we don't pray to him. But along with the Powerful god we pray to the powerless creatures of the universe also. We respect them all and we thank them all.

To us prayer is not something done to a stronger supernatural being,out of fear of being punished, to us prayer is the expression of our love for the incapable because we think that the so called incapables are actually contributing more to the nature than us.

In Gita, Shree Krishna told that those who don't respect the religion and beliefs of others, can't respect me. Our god himself was a simple shepard. We can pray to king and we can pray to a Shepard. This is us & this is our religion. We respect the muslims, the christians and all the other religions also as much as w e respect Hindu religion. We don't thrust, we don't force our beliefs on you. You are free to fast in Ramadan but you shouldn't force others to fast. We pray to all the human beings to coexist peacefully and in harmony with each other and in harmony with the mother Nature. No country in the world is a Hindu country today, this is an example of the liberal nature of us. We don't believe in seggregation, we don't believe in separation, we believe in unity. We believe in winning the hate by love.

This is the philosophy behind praying the cows and the monkeys, which unfortunately even most of the Hindus don't know today.

Great I like the explanation of praying . It i snot only you who gets that question. I use to tell them that we see god in all creatures, living and non-living But your explanation is good. Unfrtutunately people who asked yoy that will never understand as they have their own dogma and fanaticism with them. Anyway, thnaks for sharing.

I do not want to be critical to any faith. However it is the open fact that you are in a society where people do not believe in killing others. They believe in peace and brotherlyhood. But they do not believe there is other religion exist apart from their own, if you do believe that there is other religion exist, then you are Harami, and their god say if you kill Harami, you will get 7 Island in Heaven each with virgin girl waiting for you. So sooner you kill these Harami better.

Really, these ideology is waging war around the world. I do agreed that we have so annoying custom that we pray for everything, but it is way better than anything else.

Thanks for your nice post mate.

All relegion is same, all relegion teaches same - LIVE AND LET OTHER LIVE peacefully BUT due to different CULTURE AND CUSTOMS (not RELEGION) people have turned barbaric ... kill eachother in name of relegion, humanity and greed !

As Belgium historian Konraad Elst points out, "Muslim fanatics are merely faithful executors of Quranic injunctions. It is not the Muslims who are guilty, but Islam". Thus, the Taliban, who want to restore the early purity of Islam, really thought they were performing a righteous act by destroying the "heathen" Buddhist statues.

Quran:Sura 5:51: “O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he among you that turns to them for friendship is of them.”

I mean to ask ,, why the Holy books of the Islam has to Spread Hate , against other faiths by Name calling ???

Is that the True religion feeling so unsecured , that such things against Jews and Christians were doctrined into the Holy Books ?

I remember the MASJID in Kathmandu on every friday; their numbers are increasing.

NEPAL WILL ONE DAY SUFFER FROM TERRORISM OR WE HAVE TO GIVE IT A SERIOUS THINKING NOW. OH! unfortunately we have the habit of waiting till the tumor becomes cancer and we will have no other option than to suffer AND die.

POLITICIANS ARE SPOILING THE COUNTRY IN THE NAME OF SECULARISM.

The major cause of unrest and massacres in 2008 around the world was due to ISLAM and its terrorism. WHO SAYS THAT ALL THE RELIGIONS TEACHES PEACE? ISLAM TEACHES TERRORISM AND HATE. IF someone wants proof then open and read Quran.

NEPAL WAS A HINDU COUNTRY AND SHOULD REMAIN A HINDU COUNTRY IF PEACE IS DESIRED.